Greetings from Tennessee

I have been looking for a place in TN for a month or so now. I kinda like the looks of the area a little northwest of Knoxville, maybe around Jamestown. What can you tell me about that area? Should I be looking somewhere else?

I had been focusing on the Knoxville area, AKA the right coast. I expanded my area to include Nashville, but I think I'm going to keep it to the eastern side.

My biggest problem right now is I don't know what I want to do with my life. I know it doesn't include what I'm doing now, but that's as far as I've gotten. I'd love to find a job as a curmudgeon but those are few and far between.

Jealous. Although, I found a really good deal on a 10 pack of PMags a couple of months ago and may or may not had them shipped to family in NC for when I hopefully move back. Western NC/Eastern TN is a beautiful area.

Hey guys

Thx for all the replies. Been tied up and still waiting for movers to show up today with all our shit. Definitely is a whole different culture that's for damn sure. However, I did make time to swing back by that gun shop this morning to pick up my new carry gun. Decided on the G43 and will be picking up some extended mags for it when they come out, if not already out. Was initially against it but when I held it in my hand it just felt awesome.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442677627.803506.jpg

Last edited:
When Marsha sees what you're buying and that your profile says you live in Metro North she's gonna get a felony boner.

I need to get in a trip to check out the area. Something about that area is calling to me. Congratulations on the move and on the new toys.

Thx. I will reiterate its a whole different ballgame down here. People and culture shock has definitely set in for me. I love the area but it will definitely take some getting used to. Not a bad thing and to be expected with any long distance move.

Thx. I will reiterate its a whole different ballgame down here. People and culture shock has definitely set in for me. I love the area but it will definitely take some getting used to. Not a bad thing and to be expected with any long distance move.

I bet. I'm already suspicious when someone is nice to me; I can't imagine what it would be like if everyone was friendly. I'll probably go broke tipping waitresses.

I've been to Nashville twice and could see myself living in that area. Generally speaking, my experience has been that people in the south are much friendlier and more open than up here.
TN is very gun friendly as well.
The only reason it's not at the top of my relocation list is that my kids live even further in the south and traveling to see them is a chore from Nashville.

Decided to go on a solo road trip last month and ended up at my uncles place in Gallatin just outside of Nashville. Was a nice place with friendly people. On a side note I was really impressed with the countryside in southern Virginia along I-81. I ended up stopping early, finding a hotel, and went fishing. Beautiful area.

Back
Top Bottom