Great workaround if your local PD is jerking you around with fingerprints in CT

dcmdon

NES Member
I live in the great little town of Essex. The cops and our govt in general know who they work for. There is no fear here of pissing some ordained chief off.

We have a resident trooper and 4 constables. The CLEO is the First Selectman, who is elected.

So I wanted to have my wife fingerprinted. Often if nobody is at our PD the calls roll over to the Troop F state police barracks in Westbrook.

I called the Essex PD to set up a time for her to be fingerprinterd. It rolled to troop F and I got a nice trooper on the phone. He suggested that rather than trying to coordinate with our small PD to get her fingerprinted, she just come down to the State Police barracks and they would take care of it. No appointment necessary.

While our PD is accomodating, I thought that this might be a great way for folks whose local PDs are telling them there is a 6 month wait to get fingerprinted.

I just thought this might be of interest to some of you.

Good idea. I'm going to give the State Barracks Troop G in Bridgeport a call about doing this. If I get printed at State Barracks my town has to accept my application without my "interview" correct?

I stopped into Troop G this morning before work and asked for a temporay permit app and they said it has to be done by my local town PD. I didn't ask about fingerprints though.

I tried that when I was first applying for my LTC and then again when I needed to be fingerprinted for the CT non-res license. Both times I was denied and told to go back to my local PD.

BPD is at 1 Schroeder Plaza, Roxbury Crossing. Some states like CT and FL send a fingerprint card with the application. For RI and others you have to get your own FBI card which can be picked up at any FBI office.

I had the same issue with my town and its resident trooper. Was told by troop F to come over, but the first two times I was there was a complete waste of time, as they were 'too busy.' It was the same deal every single time I called. So I came by 4:15 am and got fingerprinted on a random weekday morning.

Hey Don, when are we going to shoot again? BTW, Troop F in Westbrook did my prints 25 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom