• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Grafton buyback event this Saturday

I cringe every time I see a table that amongst the crap includes some beautiful, “They don’t make ‘em like that anymore,” rifles and shotguns turned in by sportsmen’s widows and survivors that do not know they could go to an FFL.

Those folks ignorance is understandable and forgivable in a state like MA. However, anyone who knows better and still participates in these police and anti-gun organization’s propaganda events is a cheap, money-grubbing, shitheel.

We should setup shop outside of these buybacks and just pay these poor folks a few more bucks.
You set up a table outside with a couple thousand in cash I'm absolutely sure you would come across some amazing antique guns. Nobody is just finding a pistol, magazine fed shotgun, or semi auto rifle in the house and holding onto it in until a buyback. Most of the guns turned in will be non working, or old over/unders, side by sides, maybe some relic bolt guns, and a few rusty old revolvers and small handguns. No ARs, mossbergs, glocks, m&ps, or any other gangster gun.

I'm sure some gangster has robbed a liquor store with a sawed off old o/u but I'd love to see some hoodrat swinging around a mosin or a cap and ball revolver in a drive by. It's be like old rifle volleys. "Pull back around while we chamber another one, homie!"

You set up a table outside with a couple thousand in cash I'm absolutely sure you would come across some amazing antique guns. Nobody is just finding a pistol, magazine fed shotgun, or semi auto rifle in the house and holding onto it in until a buyback. Most of the guns turned in will be non working, or old over/unders, side by sides, maybe some relic bolt guns, and a few rusty old revolvers and small handguns. No ARs, mossbergs, glocks, m&ps, or any other gangster gun.

Here's what just turned up at the SF buyback:

I can't believe someone turned in those over/unders and the Ruger revolvers for only $100 each.

So where are these mythical "assault weapons" they were giving $200 for ???
All I see is an empty tube and some very nice sporting arms.

Last edited:
From the Grafton News Facebook page:
"On Saturday, the Grafton police, through the Goods for Guns program, collected 13 firearms at the station, which also included replica BB pellet-type guns and ammunition. Sponsored by the District Attorney’s Office and UMass Memorial Medical Center, those who turned the weapons in were paid gift cards. Police later sent the weapons to the Worcester Police Department for destruction."

grafton_pd_buyback.jpg

I love the 3 tiered amounts of “safety “ for the “kids”.

A loose loaded long gun that a kid shoots someone with is only worth $25 a life .

Nice statement Grafton jackboots.

Apparently also you have to show a license to get a trigger lock, I didn't realize that it was a controlled item.

-Mike
Am I missing something? Franklin PD has a box on the counter and you just go in and help yourself.

Some FFL’d should advertise focusing on widowed spouses who don’t know what to do with guns. Educate the public on what some guns are worth.

Need to have some LGS pay some kid $25-30 to hand out flyers to those bringing those nice long guns with instructions on how to get reasonable value for what they're bringing in..

Some FFL’d should advertise focusing on widowed spouses who don’t know what to do with guns. Educate the public on what some guns are worth.

It's been a while since I heard it, but there used to be a radio ad for VermontGun Broker that went after exactly that market. I had no se for them but appreciated how they saw a potential audience to peruse and make some cash.

From the Grafton News Facebook page:
"On Saturday, the Grafton police, through the Goods for Guns program, collected 13 firearms at the station, which also included replica BB pellet-type guns and ammunition. Sponsored by the District Attorney’s Office and UMass Memorial Medical Center, those who turned the weapons in were paid gift cards. Police later sent the weapons to the Worcester Police Department for destruction."

View attachment 215542

Looks like a ghost gun appeared in a white sheet for the photo-op. The lever-action at the bottom is also made to look like it’s filling up space. It’s a good thing these guns are off the streets...you know, for the children.

Am I missing something? Franklin PD has a box on the counter and you just go in and help yourself.

I'm just referencing the article/post...

• Licensed gun owners are welcome to pick up a trigger lock free of charge even if you are not turning in a gun.

The implication being that you'd have to show an LTC to get said trigger/cable lock, lol. That's probably not what they mean, its just that it sounds funny when I read
it. It's just got a funny ring/implication to it... like "If you're not licensed, then f*** you, we don't care if you practice any form of gun safety" lol.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom