Gov. Patrick's Response to my email...

Hers mine from Niki Tsongas:

The typical "I support the 2nd.Amendment" but want an assault weapons ban and Hi Cap magazine ban"

Here's the letter"

Dear Eglock72(changed)

Thank you for contacting my office regarding gun control legislation. I appreciate your views and having the benefit of your opinion.
Every corner of America has been deeply affected by the tragic loss of so many lives in Newtown, Connecticut. We mourn for the enormity of grief and the inconsolable loss visited upon Newtown's families . The senseless attacks at Sandy Hook Elementary School, at a Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, and against Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) and 18 others in Tucson raise compelling questions about the accessibility of violent weapons in our society. Members from both sides of the aisle have acknowledged that it is time to have a conversation about the accessibility of high capacity weapons in our country. I believe this conversation is long overdue and I am committed to moving forward on meaningful reform in the weeks and months ahead. That is why I recently spoke out on the Floor of the House of Representatives about the Newtown tragedy and the need for tighter gun control laws. Click on the image below to watch video of this speech.

To be clear, I believe that law abiding citizens have a constitutional right to own firearms, whether for sport or personal protection. The right of an individual to bear arms is clearly stated in the Second Amendment of our Constitution and has been repeatedly upheld by the Supreme Court. While I believe that the Constitution confers a right to own firearms, I also believe that our laws should be able to reasonably control gun manufacturing, sale, and usage to ensure that firearms are used safely and responsibly. To that end, I support reinstating the commonsense ban on high capacity magazines like those used in the Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech and Tucson shootings. I support reinstating the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004, and I am a cosponsor of the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act (H.R. 138), introduced by Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), among other measures.
H.R. 138 would permanently prohibit for civilian use the transfer, possession, or import of high capacity ammunition feeding devices—defined as a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition—manufactured after the date of enactment of the bill. This targeted ban is intended, not to limit our right to bear arms, but to protect law enforcement and civilians by keeping these high capacity guns, which have virtually no sporting purpose, off the streets. I cosponsored this legislation in the 112th Congress and my support continues in the 113th.
We know that our response to Newtown must not and cannot go the way of the many other senseless acts of violence we almost routinely witness. The tragedy in Newtown must be a call to action. President Obama said he would submit broad new gun control proposals no later than January, and I will be part of the growing coalition calling for real changes that will protect America’s families.
Thank you again for taking the time to be in touch. Please do not hesitate to contact my office in the future with questions or concerns.
Sincerely,

Niki Tsongas
Member of Congress

Can someone ask Nikki what exactly is a "violent weapon"? A weapon can be used in a violent manner, but no inanimate object is capable if being inherently violent.

VIOLENT weapon? They make up this stuff. Last night on CNN they used the term assault pistol. Homeland Security calls them Personal defense weapons, when they are in your hands the call the assault weapons, go figure.
I'd like to see Nikkis plan on how she we collect all these so called high cap mags being you don't register them. I got the same form letter. Every one should also make a quick call in addition to the emails. A voice gives the fight to defend 2A more power.

Pick up the phone and CALL!! (Paper) letters and phone calls are reportedly best. Calls mean more than emails. Personal emails mean more than boilerplate ones (i.e. those generated by Ruger's site).

We need a site like Ruger's, where we can click one button to hit all our elected officials, and send them a letter. It can have boilerplate text in there, OR, allow us to copy/paste text in. Then we need a sister site which gives us updated ideas and corresponding letters we can copy/paste into that site. Then, we will have a quick means of contacting our officials, the ability to send a properly spelled letter, and also the flexibility to add our own wording if desired. Win, win, WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I thought GOAL used to have a form like this.

Better than John Teirney's response .
It's like talking to a wall. Here is what their response was:

On behalf of Governor Deval L. Patrick, thank you for your recent correspondence regarding firearm safety and legislation.

Governor Patrick believes that successfully deterring gun violence requires a multi-faceted approach and should include policies focused on guns and at-risk individuals. That is why the Governor has and will continue to push for legislation that includes a formal collaboration between Massachusetts and the National Mental Health Registry, a ban on assault weapons and a limit on the amount of guns one person can buy in a given month.

Once again, thank you for your input on this important issue. Please feel free to contact our office again in the future with any additional questions or concerns. Your comments are always welcome in this administration.

Sincerely,

Governor Patrick's Constituent Services Office

On behalf of Governor Deval L. Patrick, thank you for your recent correspondence regarding firearm safety and legislation.

Governor Patrick believes that successfully deterring gun violence requires a multi-faceted approach and should include policies focused on guns and at-risk individuals. That is why the Governor has and will continue to push for legislation that includes a formal collaboration between Massachusetts and the National Mental Health Registry, a ban on assault weapons and a limit on the amount of guns one person can buy in a given month.

Once again, thank you for your input on this important issue. Please feel free to contact our office again in the future with any additional questions or concerns. Your comments are always welcome in this administration.

Sincerely,

This reply translated into common English says, "GFY".

This was my response from Patrick:

best-toilet-paper.jpg

That is what I'm going to use his legislation for...

- - - Updated - - -

He won't run again because he's hoping to go to DC where he can give on-demand Lewinskis to his mentor and lover in the White House.

He'll even bring the cigars.

Come on now. We all know BO is going to appoint him to the Supreme Court.

got the same thing I was suprised I got anything at all. Anyone get anything from the indian (Sen Warren to you cretans)

Sincerely,

Thomas+M+Cooley+pile.jpg

Back
Top Bottom