Gov. Maura Healey pledges to push for strong gun laws in Massachusetts

Did you read the article? Or just Reptile's pant-shitting version of the headline?

Everything she said is about mental health, not gun control.

Now, what will she actually do? Who knows.

"Healey said she’ll find ways to provide funding and support programming to reduce gun violence, especially among young people."

“'It is absolutely the lens through which we need to address this, and that means more intervention for health and wellness, for mental health, for efforts to deal with trauma, because we know trauma begets trauma, violence begets violence,' Healey said."

"The commonwealth needs more mental health providers and people who are trained in trauma-informed care, Healey said."

The anti gunners always say Massachusetts has strong gun laws and that’s why they have relatively low gun homicides. If she pushes for more gun laws, she’s killing the antis talking points.

I’ve said for many months dimples main focus is save the planet and expanding the religion of global warming. I think they’ll wait to see what the courts do with the NY, NJ, etc gun control insanity

I think (and hope) that she has greater aspirations beyond Governor of MA. If so, maybe she won't be pushing a bunch of new gun laws because she may believe that being a vehement anti-gunner (which we know she is) may hurt her down the road (I was actually surprised she did not try to pull more shit as AG than she did). Now the new AG may be a different story and may be the one to do her dirty work.

“…12-, 13-, 14-,15-year-old kids in Boston and around who are shooting at one other”

“We must…continue to engage in a comprehensive review of our gun laws”

DAMN STRAIGHT!!! We need to OUTLAW gun ownership by 11-15 year olds!!!

Oh wait.

It's hypocrisy, because if the people they arrested didn't get light sentences. And actually made those criminals serve time, vs letting them off, to repeat offend.
Slapping on the wrist is what makes the problem worse. So why make laws tougher. If the criminals don't follow laws to begin with? Why not enforce all the rules you have today, vs. Making more rules you won't enforce and only impacts good law abiding people. Why make any law if it isn't going to have any impact? Why ignore the root cause of an issue.

If I were her I would ban all semi auto weapons. I would also limit the caliber to .22. Not 223, not 222..... just .22. Shotguns need to be limited to one barrel, single shot only.

This would basically eliminate all the mass shootings in that state. I think it would be a very sound and reasonable plan. Thinking about it. There is a mass shooting in that state every day. Every day I say! It's just not safe to live in massachusetts.
You forgot the /s, right ?

It’s all stuck? We have no rights? Limited on magazines pistol choices and assault weapons. There’s nothing else to take.
Sure there is. That single-shot looks JUST LIKE a Sniper Weapon of War. And that lever gun is really just a Multi-Round, Manually-Automated Sniper Bambi Killer. I think only single actions and revolving rifles may be safe.

Much ado about nothing. She can rally for increased mental health care and funding all she wants. It’s all smoke and mirrors until she starts cracking down on the root cause of the issue: criminality. This gives the illusion that she’s doing something about the issue, and the lefty media can rave how “brave” she is. The kids killing each other in Dorchester aren’t going to the range to have fun and don’t have LTC’s. She’s going after the wrong people and she knows it.

I think the greatest danger of trying to fabricate a link between mental health and “gun violence”, is having the uneducated masses believe that LTC holders need a psych eval. Or anyone who seeks voluntary mental health services should be a prohibited person. Thankfully, this idea doesnt fly with even the most left leaning “experts”. I believe even the APA doesn’t advocate for this.

I wonder if she wears boxers or briefs
Still trying figure out which one wears the comfortable shoes.

q0upqz7ib72kpuzk.jpg

“I just think at the heart of so much of this, Jimmy, is a failure to address some of the root causes of violence.”

Glorifying urban gun violence?

No that can’t be what she’s talking about

We're bottom 3 (towards the safe end) in death rate per capita from gun violence, and I'm not entirely sure if that includes police shootings and/or suicide or not. In other words, we don't have a problem to fix.
Democrat motto: If it ain't broke, then fix it until it is. Then fix it some more.

The reason why no one should take her seriously is when she was AG she wrote all these stupid letters about "copycat" guns and how she'd start enforcing these new rules against FFLs. FFLs told her to f off and she didn't do anything.

MA law is set up so that it is the responsibility of local PD to inspect FFL in their area which they rarely do because they know FFL isn't the problem. MSP doesn't do anything from an enforcement perspective unless it's like selling an illegal MG or something truly insane.

The anti gunners always say Massachusetts has strong gun laws and that’s why they have relatively low gun homicides. If she pushes for more gun laws, she’s killing the antis talking points.

I’ve said for many months dimples main focus is save the planet and expanding the religion of global warming. I think they’ll wait to see what the courts do with the NY, NJ, etc gun control insanity
Yep and that's going to be worse, IMO. She's proud that she stopped the gas pipelines, appointed a climate czar, and supported amending the constitution to allow the graduated income tax. Things will be much worse in 4 years than right now in mAss.

Back
Top Bottom