• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got Powder ?

11lbs of 2400....hell yeah !!!!

:D
I love 2400 it's a super versatile powder for magnum handgun and my 30-30 Lever action cowboy loads ! I found this 8# keg at Brownell's several years ago and got a great deal using their penny hazmat promo . I also sometimes found single # cans of 2400 at Rileys (but 2400 is very difficult to find). So just added single pounds to my Keg as I found them.

DSCF1341[1].JPG

I love 2400 it's a super versatile powder for magnum handgun and my 30-30 Lever action cowboy loads ! I found this 8# keg at Brownell's several years ago and got a great deal using their penny hazmat promo . I also sometimes found single # cans of 2400 at Rileys (but 2400 is very difficult to find). So just added single pounds to my Keg as I found them.

View attachment 499199
I bought an 8 pounder from the same vendor during that same sale. It was $160 shipped. I think this was in 2018 or 2019

Two things long gone for the foreseeable future: primer rebates and penny hazmat deals. I can't say that I'm sad not to be filling out rebate forms.

They also let you stack deals - I remember getting penny hazmat AND a discount. Those were the days.

Multiple angles to this question.

I have 2 powders I prefer to load with. Titegroup and Varget of which I have a substantial amount of each.

Due to powder buying before covid, I bought anything in bulk (8lb jugs) I could get my hands on. So I have IMR 4320, Ramshit Tac, Reloader 15 and HP38 stacked.

I have a proclivity for collecting old powder cans. So I currently have a lot of old types (full of powder) for display purposes. Maybe 15-20 all different types and can sizes.

Back
Top Bottom