• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got my first firearm today!

Iv been kinda lurking around and reading up on this site for awhile now... finally pulled the trigger and got my first gun today. Ruger SR9C. Took it to the range and I love it. I got it from Tombstone in Brookfield, MA and they couldn't have been nicer answered a whole bunch of questions for me let me hold a whole bunch of different guns. Great day overall just thought I would share and make my first post!

Such a wonderful feeling. Congrats and welcome.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Congrats and welcome!!! I am sure you will have a ton of questions, if you can't find the answer in the threads, just ask!!! Many NES members here have answered a ton of mine already!!!

It is a good time to go green and get a membership for yourself, best money you can spend!!

Congratulation ! I remember when I got my first gun in 1977, no it wasn't a flintlock, it was a S&W Model 10, $120 bucks. SR9's are excellent pistols for the money, I have the full size, 700+ trouble free rounds so far. Enjoy your new pistol.

Jim

After putting another 50 rounds through it I still love it and still look forward to shooting it more. So whats next to pick up? More instruction I know is helpful... but what else? Also are there any good gun safes you guys would recommend? Im looking for a pistol safe for bedside and maybe a bigger safe for other things of importance as well as more guns as I am sure there will be more in my future... :)

After putting another 50 rounds through it I still love it and still look forward to shooting it more. So whats next to pick up? More instruction I know is helpful... but what else? Also are there any good gun safes you guys would recommend? Im looking for a pistol safe for bedside and maybe a bigger safe for other things of importance as well as more guns as I am sure there will be more in my future... :)

Generally speaking put a rifle on your shopping list, which type / caliber is a whole other discussion :)

I have a Fort Knox pistol safe which I'd recommend. For a bigger safe I got a Sentry from Four Seasons.

Pick up a .22 pistol and rifle (me I prefer Ruger for both, but thats my preference). Lets you shoot all weekend for less than $30. Take a lesson or 2 then practice, practice, practice.

Plus .22's are fun and a GREAT way to introduce new addicts/shooters to this crazy world. Only thing better than a great day of shooting, is watching someone learn to safely shoot for the first time.

Awesome!!! Congrats! I considered the sr9c but got a glock 22 instead! Enjoy! Oh and u should enter my karma thread in off topic to get a free green membership!

Back
Top Bottom