Got a new Coonan 1911 357 magnum

DW357

NES Member
Just blew most of my tax return on a new stainless Coonan 1911 in 357 magnum! Yeah yeah I know I gave the .gov an interest free loan but I've never got this much back before.

Anyway, got a great deal on gunbroker. New in box with an extra mag and extra custom factory laser engraved grips. Mailed out the money order yesterday, hopefully get the gun sometime next week. Can't. Friggen. Wait.

I reload 357 mag for my GP100 and Henry, so I figured why not get a 1911 chambered in 357 magnum! Such an awesome looking gun.

View attachment 130746

And these are the extra grips that come with the gun in addition to the smooth walnut grips.
View attachment 130748

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I've never held or shot one before but after seeing the reviews and youtube videos, it had me sold!

Pretty sweet. Not sure I could hold it even with large hands.

I've got decent sized hands so I think my hands will fit it well. I forget the exact dimsensions but I think they said it was 1/4" wider (than a standard 1911) from the grip safety to the front of the grip?

Last edited:
Definitely the most expensive gun I've ever bought but I figured I'd treat myself before home repair bills, wedding, and honeymoon roll in later this year lol.

Definitely the most expensive gun I've ever bought but I figured I'd treat myself before home repair bills, wedding, and honeymoon roll in later this year lol.

Dude... Treat yourself? In the past couple weeks, Henry Big Boy .44, Super Redhawk, CZ75, Coonan .357...

Are there any openings at your job? Seriously.

If not, can I at least shoot all your new toys?

Dude... Treat yourself? In the past couple weeks, Henry Big Boy .44, Super Redhawk, CZ75, Coonan .357...

Are there any openings at your job? Seriously.

If not, can I at least shoot all your new toys?

Yeaaaa. Well the Ruger I bought in December and the CZ and Henry didn't cost me anything really after I sold my hi point, Kahr, Ruger p89, and Glock 42.

There are 4 job openings actually lol. Of course you can shoot em!

Nice score on the coonan. Always wanted one and glad they came back out with them.

Tough to drop that much change but im considering it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice score on the coonan. Always wanted one and glad they came back out with them.

Tough to drop that much change but im considering it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I had never heard of the company until just a couple weeks ago and Immediately drooled over them and knew I had to have one lol.

i have a model b, i like the size of the grip compared to my 1911, its not huge like a DE. it loves when you feed it 296/h110 for the fire ball! congrats.

i have a model b, i like the size of the grip compared to my 1911, its not huge like a DE. it loves when you feed it 296/h110 for the fire ball! congrats.

Yeah DE's look cool but they just seem impractical and just massive. Coonan's are much sleeker looking and are a true 1911 (with a few different parts of course).

I got a bunch of JSP and JHPs on top of 14.7 gr of 2400. They're fairly stout, comparable to factory Federal 158 gr 357 ammo. I use 296/H110 for my 44 loads, I might have to try some 296/H110 for 357 mag. Although I don't have any small pistol magnum primers to use with 296/H110. I use regular primers for 2400 and they work great.

They have a bunch of different models with various finishes, compensators, adjustable sights etc. The compensator looked cool but wasn't worth another $300 so I went with the cheapest model. I much prefer all stainless guns anyway so the camo pattern and two tone models didn't do it for me.

my pet flash load is 125 gr montana gold on top of 22gr of h110, it will get everyones attention at the range!

Back
Top Bottom