Good Spread? 100 years of USMC standard issue long arms (and a 1919a4 for S&G’s)

4198A618-F6A6-4C1F-96F7-3441A345A397.jpeg

Whaddaya think? I couldn’t find any M16a1 or a2 clones, but it’s not meant to be all inclusive, but just a sample based on my own personal collection (plus my reserve units drill rifles which are the blonde M14’s)

I heard a few of my Staff talking last month about filling some white space with hip pocket classes at the upcoming drill and I offered to bring in some rifles and kick a class some of these guys might actually find interesting.

That’s awesome, is that a true M21?

Hah...I wish. Just a Fulton armory receiver I had sitting around and put an LRB chrome lined barrel on last month. Definitely not an accurate clone, but the Marines will get the idea.

I thought this was gong to get the Marines out of cleaning their rifles, but I was wrong. They’re multitasking while i’m waiting for the other Marines to check out their rifles from the armory so I can kick this thing :D

image.jpg

I was in the National Guard for three years before I went AD, and the best drill I remember was when one of the 2LTs (who, I think, was a local FFL) brought out a few dozen of his guns and let our entire detachment have at ‘em.

The Guard paid for the ammo because our Det CO put it on the schedule as “threat weapons familiarization.” Everything was Eastern Bloc-manufactured, including some FEG BHP clones. We had SKS, Mosin, AKM, AK-74, Tokarev, PPK clones, the works. I think the small arms ranges were full that day, so we just went to one of our OPs and blazed away into the impact area.

Loved the Guard. Depending on your MOS and your chain of command, it’s all the fun of military life with none of the bullshit. And everybody was serious about the MOS.

Back
Top Bottom