• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

A very nice piece Frank. I’m sure @HappyHarry could chime in.
Sorry I couldn't chime in earlier, I've been away in warmer climes for a few weeks. It looks like a nice AU (about uncirculated) coin that would retail for just a bit over its gold content value. Keep in mind it is not a full ounce of gold - it has .9675 troy ounces of gold. It definitely does not look uncirculated to me, there are definite signs of wear.

Sorry I couldn't chime in earlier, I've been away in warmer climes for a few weeks. It looks like a nice AU (about uncirculated) coin that would retail for just a bit over its gold content value. Keep in mind it is not a full ounce of gold - it has .9675 troy ounces of gold. It definitely does not look uncirculated to me, there are definite signs of wear.

Yep. Your gold coin which shows sings of wear is going to affect the London spot. Yep Look at it go!

(I mean seriously, who the f*** cares about your coin? What is your problem, dude? This is a trading forum, not a retail whining forum.)

June contract up above $2200

2611CB94-96FA-44CD-9D2D-140511DB0A6E.jpeg

Spot closing in on an all time monthly close which will convince general investors that the bull run is firm.

FF58AD0F-1231-4858-B92E-96E529876AA2.jpeg

Last edited:
Costco if you have a membership and can catch a deal, they sell out online in a few hours. Otherwise try EBay from reputable dealers like JMB or Apmex.
I feel like Apmex robs you on the shipping costs. I buy from a reputable guy out of Pennsylvania, he charges $6 for the shipping , and I generally get 10 ounces at a time.

I like Walmart and Costco.

Don’t be surprised if we get a massive silver squeeze like the Hunt bros era.

Argonaut Gold acquired by Almos gold. ARNGF is up 27% this morning.

Maybe those A&Ms will occur in earnest.

Gold silver ratio just hit 90:1.

So it’s 90 worthless rocks to one worthless rock.
I was going to say it was better than being worthless bit patterns, but then I realized that 98% of the gold and silver I own at the moment is "paper gold" and "paper silver", and we don't even use paper anymore. Hence, most of my worthless rocks are just bit patterns, too. It's depressing when you think about it, so I'm going to stop thinking about it. :)

I was going to say it was better than being worthless bit patterns, but then I realized that 98% of the gold and silver I own at the moment is "paper gold" and "paper silver", and we don't even use paper anymore. Hence, most of my worthless rocks are just bit patterns, too. It's depressing when you think about it, so I'm going to stop thinking about it. :)

GLD and other PM ETFs are backed by physical gold at least. It’s unlikely to go to zero, it’s just that if gold triples overnight you’d probably not get that gain in GLD.

Gold is really trying to cross $2200 spot price and move higher. Will it do so tomorrow???

View attachment 866410

There’s no resistance levels up here so gold seems to just be drifting up.

Only a few things could take gold back to $2000:
- Fed talking about rate increases
- stock market crash (>10%)
- economy heating up (similar to first one)

Back
Top Bottom