• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Some good junior miners leveraged to silver. Mines that are primarily silver are rare, most silver is mined as a byproduct of industrial metal mines.

In order of most leverage
1) Discovery Silver (DSVSF, DSV.TO)
2) Vizsla Silver (VZLA, VZLA.V)
3) I-80 Gold (IAUX, IAU.TO)
4) GoGold Silver & Gold (GLGDF, GGD.TO)
5) Skeena Resources (SKE, SKE.TO)
6) Dolly Varden Silver (DOLLF, DV.V)
7) Prime Mining (PRMNF, PRYM.TO)
8) Liberty Gold (LGDTF, LGD.TO

Some good junior miners leveraged to silver. Mines that are primarily silver are rare, most silver is mined as a byproduct of industrial metal mines.

In order of most leverage
1) Discovery Silver (DSVSF, DSV.TO)
2) Vizsla Silver (VZLA, VZLA.V)
3) I-80 Gold (IAUX, IAU.TO)
4) GoGold Silver & Gold (GLGDF, GGD.TO)
5) Skeena Resources (SKE, SKE.TO)
6) Dolly Varden Silver (DOLLF, DV.V)
7) Prime Mining (PRMNF, PRYM.TO)
8) Liberty Gold (LGDTF, LGD.TO
Thank you for that list 🙏🏻

Figured better late then never. Took the plunge today. In honor of Saint Patrick's Day I bought a 5gram gold bar from The Perth Mint for my daughter. She has been building traps the past few years with the hopes of catching a leprechaun. One year she managed to "trap" his shoes and hat. This year she is offering them up as bait to get him. This year she just might manage to get a little bit of his gold in her trap and a silver unicorn coin. I am new to this stuff but I feel like I did ok looking around at prices. Didn't get the best deal but didn't get taken to the cleaners either. Probably could have saved a few dollars (like 5 or 10) if I gave myself more then a day and shopped around.

I don't understand why the market hangs on the FOMC's every word to the point that when they say and do exactly what everyone expects, the market reacts as if it had been handed some real news. Everybody is simultaneously happy but for contradictory reasons. Ah, I guess I'm just frustrated because I got stopped out of most of my shares of GDX last week at 29.7, and that was looking like not such a bad thing this morning. I thought about buying back in at 29.2 but decided against it. Doh!

I don't understand why the market hangs on the FOMC's every word to the point that when they say and do exactly what everyone expects, the market reacts as if it had been handed some real news. Everybody is simultaneously happy but for contradictory reasons. Ah, I guess I'm just frustrated because I got stopped out of most of my shares of GDX last week at 29.7, and that was looking like not such a bad thing this morning. I thought about buying back in at 29.2 but decided against it. Doh!
I sold a few days ago my GDXU position and bought back in at the morning dip in expectation of Fed speak.

It is sad all markets hang onto the Fed with such fanfare. Because they chose a path of zirp, transparency, and showmanship we now are forced to wait on them or some exogenous event to occur. Please take me back to where fundamentals mattered and a central bank just shuts the eff up.

Last edited:
It is sad all markets hang onto the Fed with such fanfare. Because they chose a path of zirp, transparency, and showmanship we now are forced to wait on them or some exogenous event to occur. Please take me back to where fundamentals mattered and a central back just shuts the eff up.
Well said. I can't complain too much, I guess. The reason I had such a large GDX position to begin with was because I said "This is stupid" when I saw the market selling it down to around 26. I just figured it was a sure thing GDX gets back to 30 within 3 months, and it happened way sooner than I expected, and for reasons I still don't really understand.

Well said. I can't complain too much, I guess. The reason I had such a large GDX position to begin with was because I said "This is stupid" when I saw the market selling it down to around 26. I just figured it was a sure thing GDX gets back to 30 within 3 months, and it happened way sooner than I expected, and for reasons I still don't really understand.
“Idiotic” is the only word for valuations of miners vs the underlying gold and (soon) silver prices. I mean, for those with a longer investment horizons there is no better value in finding the best companies with huge upside leverage to the gold and silver price. So cheap.

A lot of these jumps after a Fed announcement are algorithms reading the article titles and making trades. Many times the trend reverses the next day, so you might get your chance tomorrow.

“Idiotic” is the only word for valuations of miners vs the underlying gold and (soon) silver prices. I mean, for those with a longer investment horizons there is no better value in finding the best companies with huge upside leverage to the gold and silver price. So cheap.

This is mining investors:

“Gold is $1900 but it’s going to $1400”
“Gold is $2000 but it’s going to $1400”
“Gold is $2100 but it’s going to $1400”
“Gold is $2200 but it’s going to $1400”

Back
Top Bottom