• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Where the best deal these days on silver eagles or similar from a reputable dealer?

Walmart via Bullion Exchange

US MINT

Roll of 20 - 2024 1 oz Silver American Eagle $1 Coin BU​

(4.7)4.7 stars out of 14 reviews14 reviews

$607.61

SD Bullion​

2024 1 oz American Silver Eagle Coin BU​

0 reviews
IRAApproved
QuantityCheck / WireBitcoinCard / PayPal
1 - 19$33.34$33.68$34.73
20 - 99$32.84$33.17$34.21
100 - 499$32.44$32.77$33.79
500 - 1499$32.14$32.46$33.48
1500+$31.84$32.16$33.17

Well said. I can't complain too much, I guess. The reason I had such a large GDX position to begin with was because I said "This is stupid" when I saw the market selling it down to around 26. I just figured it was a sure thing GDX gets back to 30 within 3 months, and it happened way sooner than I expected, and for reasons I still don't really understand.

There’s literally no correlation between gold miners and the product they sell.

IMG_6340.jpeg

IMG_6341.jpeg

Your first order. They waive commission and mark up.

Spot price for gold eagle

Expect a phone call from a sales representative who wants to sell you more gold & silver. But kinda cool buying eagles at spot

First time orders only. One per household, one per lifetime.

And because the last 300 times silver got near $26 it sold off back to $22.
I hate to admit it. But I have several containers of silver coins I am losing money on , until silver hits 36 - 38 also... I learned my lessons.

Stick to silver eagles and gold eagles ONLY.
Buying bullion and/or paying 25% extra for things that look cool or make you feel cool is very stupid

You may never recoup the money (premium)

Why do you mention it? I was only looking at GDX. I don't expect GDX to stay up even now. This market giveth and it taketh away. I'm only regretting that I don't have the position in it that I had last week.

View attachment 863823

View attachment 863824
1000015587.jpg 1000015585.jpg

0.87% 1 year
Vs.
11.44% 1 year

One invests in mining companies / mining businesses / mining equipment/ refining companies " intended to track the overall performance of companies involved in the gold mining industry."

The other is the future commodity contracts / closest thing to Troy ounce.
This is used by insurance and manufacturing companies to secure their contracts ,shipments , orders and insurance on it all. To protect movement in underlying commodity prices throughout manufacturing and shipping. Against price up or down. Forwards, futures , options

Why do you mention it? I was only looking at GDX. I don't expect GDX to stay up even now. This market giveth and it taketh away. I'm only regretting that I don't have the position in it that I had last week.

I mention it because it’s a sentiment driven disconnect with reality, and those always revert to the mean, often explosively.

Gold miners are making a killing at $2200 gold, and they’ve drastically improved their management, but investors haven’t noticed or don’t care, or don’t want to take money out of NVidia to buy a value stock.

Imagine if oil went to $200 and oil company stocks didn’t go up at all. cNBC would be all over that story.

Gold is now in a bull market and breaking out. Pullbacks in GDX are usually short and shallow in a bull market, so I’d stay in it.

I hate to admit it. But I have several containers of silver coins I am losing money on , until silver hits 36 - 38 also... I learned my lessons.

Stick to silver eagles and gold eagles ONLY.
Buying bullion and/or paying 25% extra for things that look cool or make you feel cool is very stupid

You may never recoup the money (premium)

Silver and gold go through long (8-10 year) raging bull markets followed by equally long stagnation or bear markets. You don’t want to buy them after they’ve gone up several hundred percent. Buy them when everyone hates them.

View attachment 863854View attachment 863855

0.87% 1 year
Vs.
11.44% 1 year

One invests in mining companies / mining businesses / mining equipment/ refining companies " intended to track the overall performance of companies involved in the gold mining industry."

The other is the future commodity contracts / closest thing to Troy ounce.
This is used by insurance and manufacturing companies to secure their contracts ,shipments , orders and insurance on it all. To protect movement in underlying commodity prices throughout manufacturing and shipping. Against price up or down. Forwards, futures , options

Gold miners benefit greatly from higher gold prices, and they’re benefiting from the drop in inflation.

But they’re stocks so they’re also influenced heavily be sentiment and momentum trading, and because they’re mining stocks, the massive shift toward passive investing hurts them. Almost none of the average 401k contribution goes to gold miners or commodity stocks in general.

Investing used to be about finding deeply undervalued sectors and stocks that have huge potential. Now it’s just about mindlessly pumping money into ETFs with no one captaining the ship.

Who’s dumping paper around 4am? Have we figured this out?

View attachment 863916

That’s 8 am in London, but the futures in London is already open. Maybe the banks who sell gold futures and options are just picking the thinnest market time and trying to drive it down.

Another question is who’s stepping in to support gold?

It sucks there are so many rumors which are possibly true? About how silver prices are actively manipulated for the manufacturing/technology sector

I don’t personally believe silver is suppressed. But we do know JP Morgan does things like spoofing cause they got convicted of it. But that’s not suppression of the price it’s just cheating for profit.

And we know Wall St tanked the Hunt Brothers silver rally by changing the rules. That was a special case though, it was the Hunts manipulating the market.

Benoit Gilsen at it again. Central banks want some cheap gold.

Ole Hanson said in today’s podcast that in the last two weeks hedge funds have bought 250 tons of gold. That explains the gold rally if true.

Ole Hanson said in today’s podcast that in the last two weeks hedge funds have bought 250 tons of gold. That explains the gold rally if true.

Wouldn't the real reason be the inflation remarks? Regardless of who is buying it?

All commodities should respond if inflation continues to not improve 1000015706.jpg

Wouldn't the real reason be the inflation remarks? Regardless of who is buying it?

All commodities should respond if inflation continues to not improveView attachment 864430

Well first, commodity indexes like that don’t usually include gold or silver, they’re energy and industrial metals, maybe things like corn, wheat etc.

Gold is much more dependent on not inflation but real interest rates (bond rates minus inflation). Right now you have +2-3% real rates which should be very bad for gold which pays no interest.

So then why is gold at all time highs? It could be foreign central banks trying to get out of the weaponized dollar, or investors foreseeing stagflation, or worried about the US borrowing a trillion every 100 days, or all of the above.

Well first, commodity indexes like that don’t usually include gold or silver, they’re energy and industrial metals, maybe things like corn, wheat etc.

Gold is much more dependent on not inflation but real interest rates (bond rates minus inflation). Right now you have +2-3% real rates which should be very bad for gold which pays no interest.

So then why is gold at all time highs? It could be foreign central banks trying to get out of the weaponized dollar, or investors foreseeing stagflation, or worried about the US borrowing a trillion every 100 days, or all of the above.
Bitcoin folks fleeing buying gold same with stocks.

Back
Top Bottom