Gold and silver prices are down

Basically Powell is firming up the pivot. “Terminal rate is achieved” and “Don’t want to cut too soon nor wait too long to cut.” Yeah, consider that last outlook to mean the economy is effed.

There have been times when PM's became newsworthy over time. About once a decade on average.

There are telltale signs I've noticed. You'll see small news stoiries about the price increase. Maybe they'll interview a gold/silver dealer or two.

Anytime this starts I'll drive by a few gold/silver dealers in the area to see how much foot traffic exists. Particularly on weekends.

Are they busy? Are people buying or selling, or both? You can figure out the sentiment chatting with a few folks.

What are people thinking? Why are they buying or selling? What's top of mind?

We could be entering one of these periods when you could see lines outside small shops.

Watch for the indicators that this is becoming ingrained in the mindset of regular Joe's on the street.

ETA: Another big tell... you'll start seeing lots of ads for gold and silver on tv. Both buying and selling.

Last edited:
There have been times when PM's became newsworthy over time. About once a decade on average.

There are telltale signs I've noticed. You'll see small news stoiries about the price increase. Maybe they'll interview a gold/silver dealer or two.

Anytime this starts I'll drive by a few gold/silver dealers in the area to see how much foot traffic exists. Particularly on weekends.

Are they busy? Are people buying or selling, or both? You can figure out the sentiment chatting with a few folks.

What are people thinking? Why are they buying or selling? What's top of mind?

We could be entering one of these periods when you could see lines outside small shops.

Watch for the indicators that this is becoming ingrained in the mindset of regular Joe's on the street.

ETA: Another big tell... you'll start seeing lots of ads for gold and silver on tv. Both buying and selling.

Do you remember what years you saw this in the past? Costco’s gold and silver sells out in a couple hours every time.

Do you remember what years you saw this in the past? Costco’s gold and silver sells out in a couple hours every time.

Well, the first time was in the early 70's. Then around 1980 when the Hunt brother's tried to corner the silver market. My Dad and I had a coffee can or two filled 1964 and early silver coinage. We went into Boston and stood in line a JJ Teaparty, selling our cache for thousands in cash.

Late 80's there was a smaller spike that brought out the buyers/sellers.

In 2011 I sold a sack of $250 face value silver coins when prices spiked. I started making small purchases around 2014/2015 when prices tanked. And have been making small purchases ever since, when there was a pull back in prices, or a deal too good to be true. Loved when Ebay would subsidize my purchases with eBay cash back rewards. I could buy an ounce of gold for less than spot at times.

We're overdue IMHO. Especially with the financial malfeasance going on in our government. The more press this gets, and the more inflation hits the news, the more our collective psyches will be driven to look for alternatives to fiat currencies.

When we see more news items, and more people talking about it online and in person, we'll see the kindle needed to get a roaring fire of demand.

It becomes an irrational exuberance in the PM world.

Gold closed at 2148 or so today. Will it close about 2150 tomorrow?

:)

Dunno but gold is behaving very bullish, and we aren’t getting sell events anymore now that the Fed has stopped raising. So we don’t get the $50-100 drops we were getting before. Also central banks aren’t bargain shopping anymore. For years they’d stop buying at $2000 and start buying at $1650-1800. Now they seem to be buying regardless.

Gold recently just moves above resistance levels then consolidates.

Gold:silver ratio is below 2008 and 2016 levels, and is primed for a big rally. $2500 gold likely means $50 silver.

silvertogoldfrom2002at290224.jpg

This is my portfolio that I've been bag holding since 2021. Should I just get rid of it? Or, are there any I should just get rid of right now because they're doomed? I haven't been keeping up... Screenshot_20240307-091558.png

This is my portfolio that I've been bag holding since 2021. Should I just get rid of it? Or, are there any I should just get rid of right now because they're doomed? I haven't been keeping up...View attachment 858412

Not familiar with GORO and TRX, but Id say it would be a shame to sell now as gold is finally breaking out after you’ve endured all the pain.

This is my portfolio that I've been bag holding since 2021. Should I just get rid of it? Or, are there any I should just get rid of right now because they're doomed? I haven't been keeping up...View attachment 858412

Please let me know when you sell. That's the day I'll buy...

Us mere mortals are superb contrarian indicators of future stock movements.

Hey, guys, I'm hoping you can help me put a value on a $20 gold Liberty Double Eagle coin that I have, dated 1898 S. A buddy of mine who used to be a gold dealer tells me that it has some numismatic value, in addition to its gold content. But since I'm no longer into coin collecting, and just a casual follower of gold and silver prices, I don't know how best to determine value. Here are pics:

full

full

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Hey, guys, I'm hoping you can help me put a value on a $20 gold Liberty Double Eagle coin that I have, dated 1898 S. A buddy of mine who used to be a gold dealer tells me that it has some numismatic value, in addition to its gold content. But since I'm no longer into coin collecting, and just a casual follower of gold and silver prices, I don't know how best to determine value. Here are pics:

full

full

Thanks in advance.

Frank
A very nice piece Frank. I’m sure @HappyHarry could chime in.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

A quick google search shows a wide range of prices, here’s one for comparison but you’d have to pay to have it graded. I’ll give $100 in cold hard cash 😁

A quick google search shows a wide range of prices, here’s one for comparison but you’d have to pay to have it graded. I’ll give $100 in cold hard cash 😁

I was going to offer $25 for a $20 coin

Im glad I did not lose $5 on the deal. Phew!

That $2850 price seems in line with the market. It may even be a bit on the low side. Your coin looks more like an MS61 to me, but I’d expect a dealer to offer you about $2400-2500 for it.

Back
Top Bottom