• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Korean-convenience-stores-selling-gold-bars-in-vending-machines.jpg

😍 🔥

Found some items marked Sterling….handle of a broken hairbrush….small box…..but aside from the Sterling mark that’s it…..these are fairly old items….here’s an example….are these silver? Normally you would see “925” stamped too…tried a magnet and nothing….thanks! IMG_6409.jpeg

A good friend worked in corporate banking for decades, rising to the C suite at BOA. He's retired now.

He's always hated PM's as an investment. His POV was logical, actually.

Twice in the past week he's texted me, "buy gold".

He's very uncomfortable with the state of our economy and debt.

He's very uncomfortable with the state of our economy and debt.
It's amazing how they've managed to keep economic expectations aloft this long. But I think I heard somebody point out that there never has been a rate hike after a pause before. Powell talks a good game, but methinks it's all "sound and fury". Biden's student loan forgiveness spending, if he manages actually to do it, will be the next opportunity to postpone realization of a recession by propping up the service sector. It will also increase inflationary pressure, though, and would probably give Powell the excuse he needs to do what hasn't been done before. Otherwise, if things just play out the way they're supposed to, the people who haven't been paying down their student loan debt since the pandemic will be withdrawing a lot of their current support of the service sector.

It's amazing how they've managed to keep economic expectations aloft this long. But I think I heard somebody point out that there never has been a rate hike after a pause before. Powell talks a good game, but methinks it's all "sound and fury". Biden's student loan forgiveness spending, if he manages actually to do it, will be the next opportunity to postpone realization of a recession by propping up the service sector. It will also increase inflationary pressure, though, and would probably give Powell the excuse he needs to do what hasn't been done before. Otherwise, if things just play out the way they're supposed to, the people who haven't been paying down their student loan debt since the pandemic will be withdrawing a lot of their current support of the service sector.

The US debt has increased over $500 billion in the past TWO WEEKS. And Biden wants to add to that with student debt forgiveness.....

Just WTF!!!

Buying Au & Chase Bank: I've had a Chase credit card for 23 years & never had a problem. After reading @richc post & looking at the price of gold. I decided on a modest position of Au. The transaction was declined, I got a text reply from the bank, yes or no, is that you I replied yes, my transaction was declined again. So I called Chase Bank. It was put through to the fraud department. I explain what I was attempting and everything was good on my end. Then I was told my account was under investigation and my credit card was locked. WUT!

If my account was under investigation, why was I not notified? I'm doing nothing illegal and shutting off my line of credit well it's 12 hours later and the bank said they get back to me and they haven't. I don't know about you, but I don't believe in coincidences. So much worthless paper being pushed around by corporations and government but if a private citizen tries to prudently protect his assets, they shut off your credit. No worries though I have other options

USA woke banks going full-blown Beijing control. Arses

Buying Au & Chase Bank: I've had a Chase credit card for 23 years & never had a problem. After reading @richc post & looking at the price of gold. I decided on a modest position of Au. The transaction was declined, I got a text reply from the bank, yes or no, is that you I replied yes, my transaction was declined again. So I called Chase Bank. It was put through to the fraud department. I explain what I was attempting and everything was good on my end. Then I was told my account was under investigation and my credit card was locked. WUT!

If my account was under investigation, why was I not notified? I'm doing nothing illegal and shutting off my line of credit well it's 12 hours later and the bank said they get back to me and they haven't. I don't know about you, but I don't believe in coincidences. So much worthless paper being pushed around by corporations and government but if a private citizen tries to prudently protect his assets, they shut off your credit. No worries though I have other options

USA woke banks going full-blown Beijing control. Arses

No conspiracy here, Chase just sucks balls. [laugh]

I’ve bought gold with my Chase Amazon Visa, although not in the last few years.

$100 says this is government regulations, not something the banks want to do.

Chase Bank: Well 48 hours after my credit was shut down no call from Chase as I was promised by the fraud department, so I decided to have a little fun and call them. My call went right through to Chase's fraud department...surprise. After calmly asking why no call back and getting no satisfactory answers, I got mad, after good 15 minute earful she said I'll have the one of the higher ups call you asap. ""No, I'm not speaking to anyone in your fraud Department without a written e-mail explaining the Chase's fraud Departments behavior and outlining any rules commerce of I've broken.

Chase Bank playing hardball with my frozen account....no call back, no e-mail, stuck in fraud department hell. No laws broken, no fraud, no explanations....Triggering event me attempting to purchase a few oz of Au through a legit Au Singapore exchange.

Open to ideas or input.

File a complaint here. They have leverage over banks.

When fraud hit our bank account a while back, BOA told us it would take 60-90 days, and maybe longer, to investigate and determine what happened. CFPB complaint and I got my money back in a week.

Numismatic guys: anyone recommend an app for assessing coin value? I just inherited a shitload of wheat pennies. I assume they’re all worth .01, but worth checking.

Chase Bank TKO'ed third round....lol. Effers....Gave the Chase fraud Department one giant headache this morning, "we're giving you the highest credit clearance" "Welcome to Chase"....spend spend 🤪

PS: Thanks @richc

We recently changed the signers on our business bank account. Simple, right?

Holy sh$t the questions they ask about money coming in, money going out, money laundering and more. What a pain in the a$$.

We recently changed the signers on our business bank account. Simple, right?

Holy sh$t the questions they ask about money coming in, money going out, money laundering and more. What a pain in the a$$.

'You find me the person I'll find you the crime'.... Comrade Beria

Nothing makes sense anymore....⛔

Gold weaker and weaker each week. Should be seeing a drop into $1800’s soon. We may have to wait another 3-6 months for that $2100 resistance level or longer. This may provide a good buying opportunity for physical and equities in the near term.

268D98A7-DC35-46C6-9FB8-EF1E68A2E3EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom