• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Nyet¡
RonJeremyHyatt157336.jpg

Chinese making deals with everybody else, “we will back your money”

Soon the American dollar will be worthless….

I think it will take longer than you suggest, but we arrive at the same place.

The Chinese, Russians, Saudis and all want to become the world's financial powerhouses. But they know if they cause the US dollar to crash and burn it hurts them too.

Quid pro quo, Clarice, quid pro quo.

Anyone thinking of heading up to the NH coin show on Friday? I can't make it on Saturday. Family obligations.

If so, would be fun to meet up.

These are recent buy prices, for decent quantities, from a very large bullion dealer for their wholesale customers. You can expect to get less when selling to a local dealer.

I'm new at this. What is the point of buying the MS69 and MS70 Eagles? The retail prices are so over inflated. What is the point of buying them if you are only going to get spot + a few bucks on a resale? Why wouldn't you buy an ungraded coin instead? You are still getting raped on the premium but at least they are using a little lube.

I'm new at this. What is the point of buying the MS69 and MS70 Eagles? The retail prices are so over inflated. What is the point of buying them if you are only going to get spot + a few bucks on a resale? Why wouldn't you buy an ungraded coin instead? You are still getting raped on the premium but at least they are using a little lube.

IMHO there's no value. Essentially all Eagles are uncirculated. There's tons of high grade coins.

I have bought Eagles for the PM value, not the numismatic value. FYI one of the benefits of buying US coins is the backing of the US government. If frauds/counterfeits are found the Secret Service going after them. Crooks will often avoid counterfeiting US currency due to the major enforcement fears. Although certainly counterfeits do exist. Plus buying from the big dealers adds a layer of certainty that the coins are real. Apmex, SDBullion, Bullion Exchange and JMBullion have all done well by me over time.

I have bought some Saint Gaudens pre-1933 that have been graded. Mostly when premiums were a lot lower than today. I'd pay the extra $50-$100 per coin from a reputable dealer. it's insurance that the coin is not a fake. IMHO it makes the coin more marketable during periods of high demand. A slabbed coin adds some credibility, although, as @HappyHarry has pointed out, counterfeits do exist.

Certainly YMMV...

Rich

Last edited:
I don’t get buying graded bullion at all. Like ASE’s, etc.

If/when silver hits say $50 guess what, it’s all going to be worth $50. I don’t see anyone caring if you have a raw 2016 ASE or a slabbed 2019 one.

Don’t bother with graded coins. That shit is for nerds. (No offense to present company…nerds)

The deck is stacked against investors:

- Buy are retail
- Sell at wholesale
- Pay taxes without benefit of capital gains rates
-

Back
Top Bottom