Gold and silver prices are down

Nice. Just watched spot price dip to $1999 and it went right back above $2000. Impressive strength.

Dayummm gold is moving! If we close the month above $2000 I will be thrilled.

Even closing over $1950 (or better yet $1975) would be very bullish. Bears will try to knock it under $1950.

$2070 is the real target, I think it'll take a stock market correction (to attract fleeing generalist investors) to get us over $2070.

If the S&P500 stays in bull mode there's not much incentive to buy gold for most investors.

View: https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1637564583400357891?s=20

The Fed hasn’t pivoted yet, but their extreme action to save a couple smaller banks shows that they will print whatever it takes to stop financial crises, and this $2 trillion dollar backstop program is just the beginning.

I think this is why gold is suddenly touching $2000, the timeline for Fed capitulation has been accelerated.

Right on cue

View: https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1637564583400357891?s=20

The Fed hasn’t pivoted yet, but their extreme action to save a couple smaller banks shows that they will print whatever it takes to stop financial crises, and this $2 trillion dollar backstop program is just the beginning.

I think this is why gold is suddenly touching $2000, the timeline for Fed capitulation has been accelerated.

Gold would be up big if it wasn’t at $2000. You have not only lots of traders going short at major resistance, you may also have big banks or some entities who don’t want to see a 2-handle on gold.

Just starting to get into gold and silver stocks. Seems silly to have much money sitting in the bank when it's easy enough to sell stocks out of personal (not retirement) accounts and transfer back to bank if I need to. I have a few shares of First Majestic Silver (AG), Metalla Royalty (MTA), GoGold (GLGDF), Guanajuato Silver (GSVRF), Aftermath Silver (AAGFF), and Defiance Silver (DNCVF). I realize that this is a mix of big and small, royalty and exploration. Are there any PM stocks anyone feel strongly about - I should consider? I'm new to this area.

Just starting to get into gold and silver stocks. Seems silly to have much money sitting in the bank when it's easy enough to sell stocks out of personal (not retirement) accounts and transfer back to bank if I need to. I have a few shares of First Majestic Silver (AG), Metalla Royalty (MTA), GoGold (GLGDF), Guanajuato Silver (GSVRF), Aftermath Silver (AAGFF), and Defiance Silver (DNCVF). I realize that this is a mix of big and small, royalty and exploration. Are there any PM stocks anyone feel strongly about - I should consider? I'm new to this area.
Other gold royalty companies might be worth a look (similar to MTA). They participate in the move in metals prices, but they don't have the mining risks and expenses. SAND, OR, FNV, RGLD and WPM are a few of these. You can also enhance your returns by selling covered calls against those that trade options. PM ETFs are another avenue.

There’s a lot of stocks that have already moved 50-100% off their bottom (i80 Gold, Prime Mining, Bear Creek Mining, SKE, SLVTF) and GLGDF which you have already and is getting cheap again. So those are favorites of mine even if not as cheap as a few months ago.

My favorite top 6 that are still very cheap right now:
Less risky
MEAUF (<$1.00)
LOMLF
AMXEF ($1.20 or less)

More risky
GENMF (<$0.39)
SGNLF (@$0.23)
WLBMF (@$0.11)

These are all junior miners, and junior gold and silver miners are the most volatile and risky sector there is, but the sector has already crashed so risk is pretty low right now.

I don’t like Aftermath silver, but it’ll likely take off if the sector does (even turkeys fly in a PM bull market). First Majestic is probably not the best producer - I’d sell it and buy GLGDF.

Last edited:
Other gold royalty companies might be worth a look (similar to MTA). They participate in the move in metals prices, but they don't have the mining risks and expenses. SAND, OR, FNV, RGLD and WPM are a few of these. You can also enhance your returns by selling covered calls against those that trade options. PM ETFs are another avenue.

Just remember that royalty companies do best when investment capital is hard to get, like now. When the sector takes off, it’s easy for companies to get capital investment so they stop using royalty companies. So royalty companies perform the worst in the meat of PM bull markets (but they still do well).

In bear markets royalty companies do best, then as the bull market starts its producers, then developers then explorers last. When FOMO hits the explorers and garbage juniors go nuts. That’s the time to get out of gold stocks.

Back
Top Bottom