Gold and silver prices are down

while generally I agree with this sentiment, I can't help but think to myself, damn they've conditioned us well.
As long as central banks are still net buyers and holders of gold then you need not worry about where the price of gold will go, which is much higher over the next one to five years. To hold gold against fiat debasement is sound counsel for at least a 5-10% weighting of one’s portfolio. One must also have their investments scattered across a basket of options, such as hard assets, gold, silver, bitcoin, undervalued resource equities, real estate, and other commodities. We might eventually get to a point of moving back to Tech/Growth equities but that is a bit farther in time when the Fed really sets into pivot mode and QE with price stability. I don’t hold strongly the view that we will get there but rather we will settle into a higher inflationary environment of a Fed targeting 4-5% inflation and maybe higher than that.

Gold senior producers are crushing it this new year. This is gonna keep a smile on my face despite the downside of everything to come.

It’s 3 am, just on cue, someone is dumping gold futures contracts, gold down $9 in 15 minutes.

If you want a good price for your gold, maybe dumping a huge amount at 3 am is not the best way. [laugh]

It’s 3 am, just on cue, someone is dumping gold futures contracts, gold down $9 in 15 minutes.

If you want a good price for your gold, maybe dumping a huge amount at 3 am is not the best way. [laugh]
What markets have access to 3-4am GDX and GDXJ?

I just leave them be.....although nothing I have is showing tarnish like what you've pictured. All my silver eagles and some other bullion coinage are in their original mint containers, and gold doesn't tarnish.
Those Maples are have in their tube for about 10 years... Lol. They are not that tarnished but a little cloudy. Some of the other loose silver is though.

What do you guys do with gold or silver that is tarnishing in your safe? Do you clean them or just let them be? Does it matter?
The rule I follow is to try to prevent tarnishing, but failing that only clean if the point of having it is to enjoy it as a thing made of bright shiny silver. For example, I've had vintage sterling silver fountain pens. If I'm going to carry it and use it, it gets polished. If I'm just going to hold it in my collection, not.

Back
Top Bottom