• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

No humidity control and honestly the safe doesn't get open at all... Could go anyway or so without opening....
Strange. I have a buffalo from 2008 that is impeccable. I think you guys are doing some secret Suzy Staxx moves with your rounds.

Strange. I have a buffalo from 2008 that is impeccable. I think you guys are doing some secret Suzy Staxx moves with your rounds.
Is it in a safe? I would say most of my silver is in decent shape... Just some with some tarnishing. That sunshine mint one has a date on in the 80s... Don't remember where I got it but probably in a random lot/bulk on ebay. Could be fake too

Is it in a safe? I would say most of my silver is in decent shape... Just some with some tarnishing. That sunshine mint one has a date on in the 80s... Don't remember where I got it but probably in a random lot/bulk on ebay. Could be fake too
Yup, in a safe. My Morgans and Liberties from the 19th century not so much.

Everything responded to strong jobs data which means more Fed hawkishness.

Dollar and gold both went up earlier this week, they can both trend together as safe havens.

It seems that the unwashed masses of investors don't believe the Fed when they say rates will continue to rise, and stay high for a while.

What's that old saying about don't fight the Fed???

NFP announcement tomorrow morning.... What's it going to do for precious metals? Up or down?

Not much effect. Gold probably will bounce around between $1750 and $1850 for a few months. We won’t be testing the $2100 highs until the Fed stops raising rates, and maybe not even until they start hinting at rate cuts.

@Varmint at least you are consistent...

:)

View attachment 706319

Don’t celebrate, look at silver, only up to $24 on the “good” news. This is not a breakout, we’ll be back in the trading range next week probably.

I don’t like to see gold and miners moving with the general stock market, going way up for stupid reasons like a slight drop in wages. This is not sustainable and I don’t want to be on that boat when it sinks.

Silver is the warning sign, it leads gold in bull markets and it didn’t even recover its highs for the week.

Last edited:
I've got no FOMO right now, as I have as much in PMs as I care to have. Nice to see the numbers go up, but right now I'm just watching the show and imagining that this on-again-off-again surging is making @DJBrad a lot of money both ways.

Trading is a tough job cause gold and miners just love to have false breakouts and false breakdowns. If gold has a weekly close above $1900, that would be very bullish. Until then we’ve seen this show many times in the last few years. I’m patient, the real breakout is coming this year I think.

In 2009, gold tested the $1000 level 3 times before breaking through on the 4th try, and running to $1900 in 2011.

In 2020-2022, gold has tested $2050-2100 twice and failed. I think we break that in 2023.

Last edited:
Gold is $1883 testing major resistance at $1880. Everyone and their grandma (me included) is predicting it will fail and pull back (to $1780 or below).

Gold does like to fool everyone so we’ll see.

Gold is $1883 testing major resistance at $1880. Everyone and their grandma (me included) is predicting it will fail and pull back (to $1780 or below).

Gold does like to fool everyone so we’ll see.
Maybe $1899 and then selloff 😂

Grandma agrees.

Gold is making a run for $1900 after hours.

Up to $1888!

Some smart long term gold bulls are predicting we revisit $1500 before breaking to new highs.

I think that’s wishful thinking of people who aren’t positioned yet and want to get a steal. I don’t think we go below $1680 again. And even that I think is becoming less likely.

Gold is making a run for $1900 after hours.

Up to $1888!

Some smart long term gold bulls are predicting we revisit $1500 before breaking to new highs.

I think that’s wishful thinking of people who aren’t positioned yet and want to get a steal. I don’t think we go below $1680 again. And even that I think is becoming less likely.
Agreed. That’s simply the bulls that are skinflints and missed the 9/21 low.

Back
Top Bottom