Gold and silver prices are down

Just the House vote tomorrow I think?

I think if rates keep going up, the stock market may sell off until Powell comes to the rescue.
You’re right. It actually passed the Senate a few weeks ago procedurally. It goes to the House and then back to the Senate for the next couple weeks or sooner before Xiden’s signature.

Last edited:
$1690-1700 is the line in the sand for gold - seems like we stopped around $1716 but don't think that level has any meaning, so I think we're not done selling off.

Only the paper market can give you steep price selloffs when there's so much demand the supply can't keep up. Use it as a golden buying opportunity in PMs and miners.

Well it's not an opportunity in physical cause the price hasn't dropped at all. But it's an opportunity in miners or things like PSLV/PHYS.

$1690-1700 is the line in the sand for gold - seems like we stopped around $1716 but don't think that level has any meaning, so I think we're not done selling off.

Only the paper market can give you steep price selloffs when there's so much demand the supply can't keep up. Use it as a golden buying opportunity in PMs and miners.

Well it's not an opportunity in physical cause the price hasn't dropped at all. But it's an opportunity in miners or things like PSLV/PHYS.
Great deals today!

I have a few limit orders for miner stocks and paper. Thought I would get them but not dipping enough. They are GTC orders so maybe... We will see. So far I have lost about $60 since getting in the market. I bought a few REIT that went south after buying...

Screenshot_20210227-120158.png

I have a few limit orders for miner stocks and paper. Thought I would get them but not dipping enough. They are GTC orders so maybe... We will see. So far I have lost about $60 since getting in the market. I bought a few REIT that went south after buying...

What are you trying to buy? Gold stocks were bottoming big time Friday, if your orders aren't getting triggered they're probably too low. If gold stocks go much lower it's probably bad news - but you could have a violent V bottom that is over in like a day.

Silver and silver stocks haven't sold off that much, they were much lower last month.

What are you trying to buy? Gold stocks were bottoming big time Friday, if your orders aren't getting triggered they're probably too low. If gold stocks go much lower it's probably bad news - but you could have a violent V bottom that is over in like a day.

Silver and silver stocks haven't sold off that much, they were much lower last month.
My buy limit is probably too low. Again, testing the waters.... waiting for the sharp V to score a few!

Wow, physical gold prices really haven’t tracked down with spot.

Covid hampered production at the mints and retail demand has been sky high.

But since the spot price is for 100 oz bars those should be available around spot, but it takes time to melt those down into retail coins. I’ve been hearing there’s a shortage of 100 oz bars too. Don’t know if that’s true, if so it’s just more evidence the spot price is manipulated.

So do you guys feel a 20 stack from Apmex for $818 is a decent deal right now in consideration of what is coming down the pike? Wish I bought one during NY’s when that same stack was $440 😒

So do you guys feel a 20 stack from Apmex for $818 is a decent deal right now in consideration of what is coming down the pike? Wish I bought one during NY’s when that same stack was $440 😒

Nope, I would not pay that.

ETA: That's about a 50% premium over spot. Effing crazy IMHO. Silver would need to rise 50% for you to break even.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I bought 5 tubes of ASE for $36. per coin from Boston Bullion. He is now listing them for $35.27.
Give him a call. he usually will answer his phone on Sundays. 781 710 8419

A couple of weeks ago I bought 5 tubes of ASE for $36. per coin from Boston Bullion. He is now listing them for $35.27.
Give him a call. he usually will answer his phone on Sundays. 781 710 8419

So he charges $7.50 over spot plus a 3% broker fee but pays below spot for ASE's.

Hmmmmm............... excellent margins if you can get them.

So he charges $7.50 over spot plus a 3% broker fee but pays below spot for ASE's.

Hmmmmm............... excellent margins if you can get them.

Right now vendors have to pay a premium to the mints to get inventory so he’s not just scalping.

There’s reportedly a month long wait for 1000 oz silver bars as well, which makes it strange that the spot price is going down.

Right now vendors have to pay a premium to the mints to get inventory so he’s not just scalping.

There’s reportedly a month long wait for 1000 oz silver bars as well, which makes it strange that the spot price is going down.

My argument is how he's offer 50 cents below spot but charging about $8.50 over spot. That's a very steep spread. I would imagine one could do better if you shopped around.

My argument is how he's offer 50 cents below spot but charging about $8.50 over spot. That's a very steep spread. I would imagine one could do better if you shopped around.

Yeah but he’s cheap compared to the big vendors charging $15 over spot. There’s just no supply so they jack up prices on what they have. Like gaming video cards which are 100-200% over MSRP right now.

But the Fed assures is they don’t need to raise rates cause inflation is 1% as they calculate it. [laugh]

Very long wait for them to make and deliver, so if you are in a hurry buy somewhere else or try their ebay store.

They are supposed to be issuing a coupon in early March if you want to or have to wait.

They have an account on gab.

Very long wait for them to make and deliver, so if you are in a hurry buy somewhere else or try their ebay store.

They are supposed to be issuing a coupon in early March if you want to or have to wait.

They have an account on gab.
I have purchased a lot from these guys going back to 2010. They always deliver and have good service. Their Gab account is gold. Always give you an inside peek to the metals market.

No gab account needed to keep up with their thread. Looks like they got their stacker press working again....

They are a mint who mints currency for other nations.

Back
Top Bottom