• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Where did it end up?

AG yesterday was like $14.8, went as high as $20 in premarket this morning, then ended the day at $16.5, but is now up in after hours. Could be Robinhood locked down the stock, not sure - or maybe WSBers were too busy trying to access their accounts.

AG is only like 25% short, not 140% like GME, so not sure it's gonna be a good short squeeze candidate, also all silver stocks are up so it's a bit hard to tell if AG is up due to WSB or not.

AG yesterday was like $14.8, went as high as $20 in premarket this morning, then ended the day at $16.5, but is now up in after hours. Could be Robinhood locked down the stock, not sure - or maybe WSBers were too busy trying to access their accounts.

AG is only like 25% short, not 140% like GME, so not sure it's gonna be a good short squeeze candidate, also all silver stocks are up so it's a bit hard to tell if AG is up due to WSB or not.
Thank you. I enjoy your insight.

but... but... but... you said..

“Wait for silver to go test $21-22, then it'll be time to back up the truck. “

Yeah, there's two things happening here - one is the WSB action possibly moving into silver. From reading a little I think maybe today was short covering by silver stock shorts nervous about WSB coming in, as well as some actual WSBers buying. It explains why AG went up a lot but SLV didn't move that much, although volume was huge in SLV today.

The second thing happening is the 5-6 month consolidation in gold & silver miners. That's getting close to a bottom, and possibly could have doubled bottomed yesterday, but my gut says it'll go lower in February - that we'll get a short term rally but then do a U-turn sometime next month. That's when you might see $21-22 silver.

Here's a 1 month chart from a silver miner I bought yesterday at $0.70 - I've been watching it drop for a month and thought $0.70 would be a short-term bottom at least. So while today's 25% jump may look like it's related to WSB, if you look at the chart, I think it's just a normal rebound after a month of selling off from the $1.30 level.

AAGFF.jpg

Logged onto my ameritrade account and go this just now

Attachments

• E0D911C3-3E77-4FCB-B318-82E7BFA926C5.png
    E0D911C3-3E77-4FCB-B318-82E7BFA926C5.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 19
Sent to me by @chris_1001

Still think this is retail investors (and maybe even hedge funds) trying to get ahead of a WSB move, don’t think it’ll last unless WSB actually goes after silver, not much evidence of that yet.

Still think this is retail investors (and maybe even hedge funds) trying to get ahead of a WSB move, don’t think it’ll last unless WSB actually goes after silver, not much evidence of that yet.

You gonna burst my bubble again??? I just mortgaged the house, sold all my worldly possessions and borrowed from a loan shark to invest in silver!!!

[rofl]

You gonna burst my bubble again??? I just mortgaged the house, sold all my worldly possessions and borrowed from a loan shark to invest in silver!!!

[rofl]

Sorry I just meant silver isn’t going to $50 this week. It’s still going to $50 this year, just tell the loan shark to be patient.

Just checked JM Bullion this afternoon. Other than a handful of way overpriced specialty coins, physical silver is WIPED OUT. Only stock alerts currently exist for standard physical silver, coins and bars. Standard, current production coins such as SE's, silver Krugerrand's, Maple Leafs, etc. are GONE.

Just checked JM Bullion this afternoon. Other than a handful of way overpriced specialty coins, physical silver is WIPED OUT. Only stock alerts currently exist for standard physical silver, coins and bars. Standard, current production coins such as SE's, silver Krugerrand's, Maple Leafs, etc. are GONE.

And there was much rejoicing!

:)

ETA:

Not a silver bar to be had at Apmex...

100 ounce silver bars start at $3400 on ebay... most are $3500 and above...

JMBullion out of stock on silver bars as well...

So, @Varmint, are you feeling lucky???

Last edited:
They're banking on paper silver vastly outpacing physical (which it does) and tanking some banks. Will be fun to watch while I do the tombstone with an ASE.

Back
Top Bottom