Gold and silver prices are down

Thanks yeah I had to click on the link, the front page wasn't showing it. I don't know if that's a good price for rounds, but there are no good silver deals these days lol.

What about junk quarters for $1 over spot? Not sure that's a good deal. Normal price is $2 over spot.

Still no signs of a bottom in gold or silver, so I think we'll test $1750 next week. Hard to judge on a light trading day though.

A lot of miners appear to have bottomed already, so gold is probably close to a bottom. Miners usually lead gold and silver. GDX and GDXJ seem to be bottoming at their 200day MA, and a few other key indicators.

Bought two more ASE’s today.
I tried to go to CC5 to dump the 60-65 lbs of coin I sorted through for junk silver, and hopefully get some rolls of quarters to hunt and peck through, but they re-closed their lobbies.
There was both a sign saying “now open, wear a mask” and “closed due to coronavirus”
Shoulda just started pouring coins in the vacuum tube at the drive up [devil]

After a buying spree this week, I'm pretty much all in on gold and silver miners now, so if I'm wrong about gold and silver being in the mother of all bull markets, it'll be ugly.

I think they'll bottom in December, maybe even next week.

Why do people like APMEX? I’ve never used them, They always seem to be higher than JM bullion on ASE’s and junk silver. Is there something I’m missing like free shipping, JMB screws people, something like that?

Last edited:
Why do people like APMEX? I’ve never used them, They always seem to be higher than JM bullion on ASE’s and junk silver. Is there something I’m missing like free shipping, JMB screws people, something like that?

I used to be a big fan cause they had a lot of eligible stuff for Ebay bucks deals, them and MCM is where I bought most of what I have.

Now there's very little left that qualifies, but Apmex is still the only one I know who has stuff like Gaudens with Ebay bucks. I've never bought from their website, only Ebay.

I bought once from JM Bullion and something about the transaction rubbed me the wrong way, didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Partly it wasn't packaged well if I remember.

Gold way up this morning. The Comex banks were trying to get traders not to stand for physical delivery by driving the price down. Happens at the end of every month now with so many using the Comex to buy physical metal.

A good price for delivery if they can get it. What the real cost for delivery for December?

$1784 I think was the December contract price.

I think only Craig Hemke tracks this stuff lol, the Comex doesn't release this info, he manually tracks it every month:

2015: For the entire year, there were just 16,218 COMEX gold contracts "delivered" for a total of 1,621,800 troy ounces or about 50.44 metric tonnes.

2016: A total of 71,382 deliveries for 222.03 metric tonnes.

2017: A total of 31,477 deliveries for 97.90 metric tonnes.

2018: A total of 25,970 deliveries for 80.77 metric tonnes.

2019: A total of 63,569 deliveries for 197.72 metric tonnes.

And for 2020: 265,000 contracts or 825 metric tonnes (estimated pending December results).

The Comex isn't designed to supply 825 tons of gold a year, something has to give.

All I know is I won't buy from someone who adds sales tax to an order above $1000. Not worth the time or effort to correct them.
What does the sales tax break above $1,000 apply to?

I got the break when I bought a set of ASEs (along with a piece of colonial copper), but I didn't get it when I bought a new ($1500) watch. I searched and couldn't find any info about this online.

What does the sales tax break above $1,000 apply to?

I got the break when I bought a set of ASEs (along with a piece of colonial copper), but I didn't get it when I bought a new ($1500) watch. I searched and couldn't find any info about this online.
In MA it applies to precious metal bullion items and numismatic items. Jewelry would not qualify.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201204-175354_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-175354_Chrome.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 7
In MA it applies to precious metal bullion items and numismatic items. Jewelry would not qualify.

Apmex on EBay last year sold a gold eagle with a cheap necklace, I got EBay bucks cause it wasn't in the bullion category but no tax. [cheers]

It makes me think EBay tried to control what qualifies for Bucks.

Last edited:
$2004 w/ $100 Ebay bucks back. Deal ends tonight.

I have enough for maybe 1 gold coin purchase, not sure I want to blow it on this, though they are pretty sweet. Probably shoulda pulled the trigger on a buffalo around black Friday. I don't think gold is going to go much lower - maybe retest of $1770.

Get 2 ounces of platinum, hold them in your hands, and report back on whether the feeling is as satisfying as it is when you’re holding gold. I’m just curious. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom