Gold and silver prices are down

Nope. I actually was pulling into a jobsite. Got an order confirmation. Figured I would wait 5 minutes for a meeting. Got back to my phone 5 minutes later and had literally 250 emails from random newsletter sites confirming my subscription. Called jdbuillion and they canceled it very quickly. Then reported everything as spam
. Apparently people will try to hide an order confirmation in a shit ton of spam emails

I use Amex for gold and silver purchases, and they have some kind of large order approval though it seems to get auto approved. So not sure they would catch that kind of thing. I never store a card on a site cause they all get hacked.

I use Amex for gold and silver purchases, and they have some kind of large order approval though it seems to get auto approved. So not sure they would catch that kind of thing. I never store a card on a site cause they all get hacked.
Yeah learned the somewhat hard way. Also fyi. I went into my saved cards on sdbullion and it showed my whole card number. Had to get that changed too

Last edited:
Good catch on you. Needless to say I spent 3 days changing passwords. Apparently my email and common password was part of a data breach. These people suck. I turned on Amazon feature where I had to put in a text number in order to log in. Day after the bullion thing I woke up to 2 texts from Amazon for login security numbers. I made all my passwords different and I know it sucks but I feel better. Fuggin aholes

Chrome will store passwords for you and warn you if any get compromised anywhere. Then you can see which sites use that compromised password. It's impossible these days to remember 100 passwords, and not safe to use the same one everywhere.

Any good primers on silver on NES? between this thread and 9mmsmg on instagram I'm convinced to diversify a bit with some precious metal. Something about holding an illiquid investment is nice.

Yeah learned the somewhat hard way. Also fyi. I went into my saved cards on jdbullion and it showed my whole card number. Had to get that changed too

I buy from JM Bullion, is JD a different company or is that just a typo? Glad you caught that and thanks for the heads up. You’re right those people suck.

Chrome will store passwords for you and warn you if any get compromised anywhere. Then you can see which sites use that compromised password. It's impossible these days to remember 100 passwords, and not safe to use the same one everywhere.

Lastpass as my password manager solved all of my password problems.

Oil keeps looking better and better with the vaccine news. GUSH and ERX are up substantially if you like the etf plays.

If you bought 5,000 shares of ERX@ $8 you’d be up $15k.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that gold and silver barely dropped on the news.

Just a reminder that markets move based on technicals more than news. Gold is consolidating for the next move up and doesn't really care that the virus might be contained soon.

My CPE calls were rolled forward today to bring the strike price higher. That seems to be the only way I can get the share price to rise: sell out-of-the-money calls and then the stock can advance to take out my existing strike price.
In another sector, I still doubt NIO will drop below $10 this week...

I find it interesting that gold and silver barely dropped on the news.

Just a reminder that markets move based on technicals more than news. Gold is consolidating for the next move up and doesn't really care that the virus might be contained soon.
Weak hands got spooked with the news for sure. “Gold” on tight!

Weak hands got spooked with the news for sure. “Gold” on tight!

They say in a real bull market, prices bottom above support. Gold and silver have been doing that every time the last 3 years, and this looks like a repeat of that trend. We may not see $1780-1800 gold, and GDXJ $50.

But I hope we do!

They say in a real bull market, prices bottom above support. Gold and silver have been doing that every time the last 3 years, and this looks like a repeat of that trend. We may not see $1780-1800 gold, and GDXJ $50.

But I hope we do!
Well, we did it! At least for GDXJ. Tough for spot gold to get below that $1850 resistance though.
AE101365-8220-43B1-B235-D16F629E41F7.png

been a long time but I squeezed in a gold purchase. $2092 w/ $100 Ebay bucks back.

Got the MS-63 coin today, a 1924, it's really beautiful in this condition. The other ones I have are lower condition, not as shiny.

Gold miners look like they've bottomed, but gold may need to bottom around $1800. Today was a good sellloff, could even mark the bottom.
Let’s hope. I’m glad I got into energy before that first vaccine news appeared cause they are going bonkers. Wish I had more cash to put in at the bottom.

Let’s hope. I’m glad I got into energy before that first vaccine news appeared cause they are going bonkers. Wish I had more cash to put in at the bottom.

I don't know if energy has bottomed. The stock market in general is whistling past the graveyard.

The stock market's pricing in Covid's gone, no damage to the economy, $4 trillion stimulus is a sure thing, Fed printing sure thing etc.

Some of those are true, but certainly not all of them.

I don't know if energy has bottomed. The stock market in general is whistling past the graveyard.

The stock market's pricing in Covid's gone, no damage to the economy, $4 trillion stimulus is a sure thing, Fed printing sure thing etc.

Some of those are true, but certainly not all of them.
I’m with you on those points except energy bottoming. I believe it’s done and it will continue to rise.

I’m with you on those points except energy bottoming. I believe it’s done and it will continue to rise.

March and November double bottom? Could be.

I think energy is in a trend following rally like gold and gold miners a few months ago, so it won't last. but the bottom could be in even if they pull back.

And like gold miners - everything will sell off together if we have another March-style liquidity selloff.

For that to happen again it would probably take a financial black swan. I'm not going to invest around that since it would be a short lived selloff as the Fed rides to the rescue.

March and November double bottom? Could be.

I think energy is in a trend following rally like gold and gold miners a few months ago, so it won't last. but the bottom could be in even if they pull back.

And like gold miners - everything will sell off together if we have another March-style liquidity selloff.

For that to happen again it would probably take a financial black swan. I'm not going to invest around that since it would be a short lived selloff as the Fed rides to the rescue.
The world has been awfully quiet since 2019 so we will have to see. Any major upset could upend it all.

The debt crisis is pretty freaking bad and it is only going to get worse. The Fed will have to do something if there is an anemic stim bill from a lame duck session.

Back
Top Bottom