Going to North Conway

Seriously, you Mass guys need to get it through your heads that this is not Massachusetts. We have rights up here, and we exercise them. I have NEVER been approached or confronted by an LEO while open carrying. In fact, at the Nashua anti-Scott Brown rally I stood next to a group of them right in front of the building Brown was speaking in for a couple of hours and aside from a "Hey, how you doin'?" never heard a word from them. If your Mass libtard neighbors want to come up here and bitch and moan about Americans being Americans then they can take 93 back south and GTFO.

From the Pro Gun NH website: "Keep in mind that some people may panic when they see a gun, and if they call the police, the police may come to investigate — but the New Hampshire Attorney General’s office has made it clear that open carry is a right, and that another person’s “annoyance or alarm” (a phrase taken from the NH "Disorderly Conduct" law, RSA 644:2) does not supersede that right."

So, come on up, open carry, breathe the freedom, and stop worrying about whiny antis...

I'm actually going to be heading up to the N Conway area at the end of June to spend some time hiking, shopping around and staying in a hotel/ B&B with the gf. Can anyone suggest a decent hotel/ B&B we can stay at?

You can do what you please, but use common sense, you are with your family and kids, and if some tourist calls 911 and reports "man with gun" walking around, or if Conway Railway doesn't allow it on the train, you have just created a scene you really don't want to deal with. Enjoy your vacation with your family.
If you want your weapon with you, carry it unloaded in the trunk, and keep it with you in the motel. Common Sense, think about it. If you already knew your answer you would not have asked this question on an open forum with all our opinions.
It's this mentality that's part of the problem we have now. A right not exercised is a right lost.
F*** the sheep. It's a right. Do it.

You can do what you please, but use common sense, you are with your family and kids, and if some tourist calls 911 and reports "man with gun" walking around, or if Conway Railway doesn't allow it on the train, you have just created a scene you really don't want to deal with. Enjoy your vacation with your family.
If you want your weapon with you, carry it unloaded in the trunk, and keep it with you in the motel. Common Sense, think about it. If you already knew your answer you would not have asked this question on an open forum with all our opinions.

Use common sense? It is New Hampshire, not friggin Mass. Let the tourists be scared, maybe they won't come back! If the police show up, who cares? Should be less than 5 minutes to deal with them.

All these comments from MA people, wtf? You all say you want to move to a free state, but then you advise not to act free:/ That is probably half the reason NH has had different bills submitted in the recent past trying to restrict rights.

The only concern I would have is to get clarification if a train is considered a vehicle wrt to carrying without a permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just do it. No one will notice. I've been up in NH a lot recently and have been OCingmy govt 1911 and nobody bats an eye.
Are the no gun signs at stores and malls binding in NH?

Just do it. No one will notice. I've been up in NH a lot recently and have been OCingmy govt 1911 and nobody bats an eye.
Are the no gun signs at stores and malls binding in NH?

As binding a "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service." The owner can ask you to leave, and if you don't do so, you'd be trespassing, but the signage has no legal binding with regard to prohibited places for carrying a weapon.

John, last time I was up there was quite a while ago at a college radio station reunion held at the White Mountain Hotel, so no experience with B&Bs there, but check out this list and see what you like.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...=82457db6d9cb5bb5#find_desc=bed+and+breakfast

If you go up to Mt. Washington summit, plan for very cold and windy weather no matter how nice it is in that area! BTDT

I don't believe we'll go to Mt. Wash for our first real hike. That's a little hardcore and considering I just quit smoking a month ago, I need to make sure I can still handle a serious hike uphill like I could when I was 13 years old before I started smoking. [laugh]
Thanks for the list, we'll certainly check that out.

Oh and about OC, I say if you're in NH and you want to, go the F ahead and don't be scared about it. I prefer not to out about in crowded public places no matter what state I'm in, but long hikes in the woods, heck yeah I'm putting the 1911 OWB for the simple reason of comfort and quicker access.

Oh and about OC, I say if you're in NH and you want to, go the F ahead and don't be scared about it. I prefer not to out about in crowded public places no matter what state I'm in, but long hikes in the woods, heck yeah I'm putting the 1911 OWB for the simple reason of comfort and quicker access.

I'm with you here.

It seems to me that most that really push the OC idea are those that for most of their lives were not allowed to do so. Some of us who HAD TO OC as part of our job (uniformed LEO), especially when most of those years we didn't have retention holsters (prior to their popularity/requirement), we don't see the thrill about exposing ourselves. Try walking thru a crowd of 20K strangers who are packed in butt to elbow OC'g and tell me that you aren't nervous about that one person who may try to make a grab for your gun ("action is quicker than reaction") . . . BTDT for many years? Try standing in line at a WM, supermarket, convenience store with lines of strangers behind you at the register and tell me that you are comfortable that nobody can/will grab your gun? An old shooting buddy of mine (criminal defense attorney serving mostly clients in Roxbury long before it was "gentrified") was shopping in a "stop & rob" in Roxbury (some 30+ years ago) when a gun wielding robber held up the place . . . he made a quick assessment NOT to draw and potentially endanger innocents (and he was an accurate shot) and just be a witness. If he had OC'd he may have been shot before he even realized what was about to go down (again "action is quicker than reaction")! These are MY reasons for not being an advocate of OC in public, I like the element of surprise to be on my side . . . I'm not a poker player but if I were I wouldn't play the game with my hand exposed on the table . . . YMMV!

As for being out in the woods, on trails, working on your back 40, etc. I really do not see a problem if someone wants to OC for comfort. It's a very different environment than wandering around stores or being in bad-breathe distance of strangers constantly.

The way I see it, it's better to poorly conceal carry than proudly open carry.

I would rather have it print and have the few who know, notice it, than have it all out there for everyone to see. It still keeps the gun easily accessible.

The way I see it, it's better to poorly conceal carry than proudly open carry.

Turn your hat down, and sneak in and out of the voting booth at dark. Take a different route to church so no one sees you. Let the police search because you have nothing to hide. Engage in free speech on the internet, but under a fake name.

Oh. Wait...

Back
Top Bottom