GOAL Heritage Dinner - April 25th

On April 25th there will be a GOAL Heritage Dinner at Emerald Hall (120 Bay State Road Braintree, MA). Doors will open at 5pm and dinner will be served at 6:30. Tickets will be $30.

If you haven't been to a Heritage Dinner before, it's a fun night featuring a good meal, great company, and raffles and auctions. Proceeds will benefit GOAL and help to support gun owners and the shooting sports across the state. This a great way to help GOAL and enjoy an evening out at the same time. If you'd like to purchase tickets, you can PM me, contact the banquet chair Don Kusser at (781)789-7642, or speak with the GOAL office at (508)393-5333.

If a bunch of the NESers would like to attend, we can set aside a table or two for the group.

If you'd like to go above and beyond to help GOAL, the banquet planning committee can use your help in several ways:

1. Help us advertise this event at your club. PM me and I'll get you a stack of flyers. Post them in your area and talk up the event for us! See if your club or some of your club members would like to buy a table.

2. Help us gather prizes. We always have good prizes to make the raffles and auctions fun and worth your while, but we'd love your help this year! Donate something yourself or talk to others who can donate something. Prizes do NOT have to be gun-related. The liquor barrel is always a hit and those of you who attended last year's dinner know that the artwork, bikes, and vacation house rental (just to mention the big ticket items) were all popular prizes. Gift certificates or discount offers from local businesses are a great way for them to expand their customer base and help GOAL. We have all sorts of different games where the small prizes are appropriate (a pair of ear muffs, pocket knives, cleaning supplies, etc) and a professionally-run auction to make the most of large donations. All contributions are appreciated! Again, you can PM me, call Don, or deal directly with the GOAL office.

Hope to see lots of NESers there!

Come on guys (and girls)!

Attending the banquet is a great way to support GOAL and you get a fun evening out to boot! GOAL's put together an impressive legislative package to reform the gun laws so if ever there was a year to chip in and contribute to the war chest, this is it.

I've watched lots of people here complain about GOAL, but there's been no buzz about attending the banquet or contributing in any other way. This is your chance to make sure GOAL has the tools to do all those things you want them to do.

I know participation isn't possible for many people for any number of reasons, but lots of the area clubs have reserved tables and the Second Amendment Sisters alone have booked two tables - there's certainly enough people on here to make up an NES table but as far as the organizers are aware, there's been not a whisper from NES.

I plan on going. I wish I knew about this sooner though. It is not even on the GOAL home page. They should have advertised this dinner more.

I plan on going. I wish I knew about this sooner though. It is not even on the GOAL home page. They should have advertised this dinner more.

We did advertise this event Here and in The Outdoor Message(for months), in the annual mailing and Nicole posted the info here back in January.

What's for dinner? What is the agenda? Sorry, this is the first I heard and I live near by.

Dinner is family style roast beef and/or Chicken with some veggies for sides.

Agenda consists of raffles and auctions as well as a few introductions of GOAL board and staff members. There are a few small presentations but its a fun night.

I was a great time at the dinner. There was a cool slide show of the work that GOAL has done in the past 35 years.

Nancy Snow will be moving on to another career. She was the subject of a "roast" for all her work and accomplishments all these years. I wish her the best.

It was a huge turnout and the auctions and raffles were fun.

I am glad I went and after making treks to Braintree and Saugus - no distance is too far to travel for these important gatherings.

I wish that more NES'ers came though.

GOAL has a big year ahead and needs our help to secure our rights.

AAR - GOAL Banquet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Copied from the other thread]

AAR:

- Other than GOAL Staff, only a handful of NES'rs present.

- Small hall but filled to capacity (250). Braintree R&P accounted for at least 4 tables plus overflowed onto the 2 SAS tables as well.

- Memorable time for those of us who've been active with GOAL for a while. A number of presentations were given to Nancy Snow, retiring Chief of Staff.

- I am particularly proud as a BR&P member that our club gave Nancy and Tom Snow Life Memberships to the club! Kudos to the Officers/BOD for doing that as a thank you for the great job Nancy has done for all gun-owners in MA!

Kudos to Don Kusser, Nicole, the GOAL Staff and other volunteers for a job well done!

ETA: Three people at our table made the trek from Monson, MA! So no excuse for those w/in 100 miles saying that Braintree was at the end of the Earth and too far to go to support GOAL!

Braintree isn't a good location for a lot of people.

Derek,

It certainly isn't a good location from where you live.

However, it really is an easy place to get to for most folks if they tried. It was only 2-3 miles from the I-93/Rte.3 split that takes you to Boston/Cape Cod.

The Concord Rod and Gun Club bought a table and a few of us went last night. The sound system needed to be pulled out and dragged up the SE Xway but the food was very good. It was nice to see Nancy get a great send off and as for Braintree, that was very nice of you to do that for her and Tom. I had to leave prior to the bucket raffle but GOAL got an extra 100 off me from all the happenings and that was just fine.

Did anyone notice the Kennedy support sign in the front window of the club? While I respect the utility union to support any person they choose, it would have been better (personally) not to see that sign.

Back
Top Bottom