GOAL Files Emergency Legislation

I don't completely disagree with you but getting that to happen is going to be a very tough slog. A more realistic PP standard acceptable to the courts (and society as a whole) will be a person who has been found under strict due process protection to be violent and dangerous. Not the stupid classification system we have now.

I presume this person would also have his rights of movement, speach and suffrage removed as well. If so, I agree.

Sent from my mobile device.

When MA has laws that resemble VT I'd begin to worry about that. [grin]
Their restrictions on suppressors is to much though.

Is vt really the goal of GOAL? That is good to hear. Under 16 should have parent permission to carry a concealed firearm.

Last edited:
I agree. Filing a bill which everybody knows will die before it even gets out of committee. How many times have we seen GOAL file bills that go in the dumpster. I was a supporter of GOAL years ago but with the recent turmoil in the organization and the fact they were the only game in town made them a must to belong to. Now however I donate to another organization that gets results.

Really? GOAL doesn't get results? So yes, MA has a DC style handgun ban, a 1 gun a month law, no CC state wide, microstamping...oh wait, we DON'T have any of that crap, thanks to the hard work done by GOAL.

Dude, you're never going to take legislation further than the voters are willing to go. This is MA. you're fighting a holding action most times and measuring progress in feet vs miles. Adjust your expectations. Billboards and feel good legislation is a waste of time and money here. Targeted bills a piece at a time is the only choice.

Their restrictions on suppressors is to much though.

Is vt really the goal of GOAL? That is good to hear. Under 16 should have parent permission to carry a concealed firearm.

My comment on that was not meant to be an official statement, I think we both know that.

Like I said, fighting to change the definition of a federally PP is wayyyyyy down the road.

The 2A Rights movement would have to be in pretty good shape before it ever gets to the point of taking up that battle as a point of contention.

How about something as laser focused as re-wording 131 to clarify storage in a vehicle?

GOAL is filing 13 bills this session. That doesn't preclude us from tackling other issues as well. This is something I can bring up at the next meeting, but like Terraformer says, we need to be careful what we wish for.

The ideal defenition imo would be PP=deceased or incarcerated. Toung in cheek for the dead guy.

F that, when my time comes I'm going to the grave with some sort of sidearm in my hand. (And yes, it will be "fully loaded.")

They can pry it from my.... You get the rest.

F that, when my time comes I'm going to the grave with some sort of sidearm in my hand. (And yes, it will be "fully loaded.")

I wonder if that DEA guy will do the same? "I'm the only one in this casket professional enough..."

Just be sure the casket is a MA approved storage device. lol

I got a response from my rep's aide...

Good afternoon Mr. Exodious,
I am writing on behalf of Representative Tricia Farley-Bouvier to thank you for your letter regarding HD04613, An Act associated with incurred fines for delayed firearm license renewals, filed last week by Rep. George Peterson.
The Representative has noted that a significant number of her respected colleagues have agreed to cosponsor this important legislation, and would like to assure you that she will be open to listening to arguments on this topic when it comes up before the House.
Thank you once again for your advocacy, and please feel free to contact the Representative with any other concerns you may have.

So... heh. Better than I expected from her I guess? I'm pleased to hear about the "significant number" part though.

The Representative has noted that a significant number of her respected colleagues have agreed to cosponsor this important legislation, and would like to assure you that she will be open to listening to arguments on this topic when it comes up before the House.
Thank you once again for your advocacy, and please feel free to contact the Representative with any other concerns you may have.

Translation: I have no intention of ever voting for this bill or any like it. I do however recognize that you are a voter so I will pretend to be open to your evil gun bills.

Just received this reply.
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to email me regarding this legislation. I signed on in support of the bill yesterday afternoon. I appreciate your input and advocacy regarding this issue.

Respectfully,

Jennifer L. Flanagan
State Senator
Worcester & Middlesex District

serious question: what are GOALs plans if none of these bills pass or even get far along? try again? court?

Also, if one of these bills does pass, I will rejoin GOAL for a year. If more than one passes I'll join for longer.

Also, if one of these bills does pass, I will rejoin GOAL for a year. If more than one passes I'll join for longer.

You know I like you so don't take this the wrong way, but that's the gayest thing I've read in this whole thread.

Last edited:
What would make sense is a combination of broad bills to keep the opposition occupied, and laser focused bills to correct very specific problems. GOAL has had some success with the later (for example, shifting LTC validity from 4 to 6 years), but has, to the best of my recollection, never had any real progress with any sweeping reform bill.

Similarly, Comm2A is targeting very specific situations, rather than filing "feel good" suits aiming to have huge sections of MGL ruled invalid en-masse, as the later approach would be doomed to failure.

The "felon with gun" prohibition is an example of how once a particular form of gun control gets ingrained, it becomes "unthinkable" to even challenge the prohibition without looking like a kook. It would make far more sense to limit it to certain violent felonies (I doubt someone convicted of insider trading, running a pump and dump, or trying to sell a senate seat is at risk of using a gun unlawfully), however, the societal brainwashing is so complete that even GOAL dare not challenge the now mainstream view on this one. A similar concept exists in Canada/Australia/England, where even suggesting self defense is a valid reason to own a gun results in immediate loss of credibility with the vast majority of the audience in any public argument.

Once again Rob Boudrie nails it!!!!! Thank you sir.

You know I like you so don't take this the wrong way, but that's the gayest thing I've read in this whole thread.

its not gay at all.

i gave GOAL a chance with a 3 year membership. In my eyes that was a waste of money. if it wasnt, then it is whoever markets GOALs information who failed. Its my money. does GOAL want it? If so, they need to make doubters like myself think its worth it. I dont think its worth it at all right now to be honest. That could change if GOAL actually impresses shooters like myself.

I've been donating the money I spent on GOAL to Comm2A instead, an org who already has a good track record.

Last edited:
As for the brainwashing, if we don't combat it, who will?

My point is that we need to combat brainwashing when it rears its head as, once an idea takes hold ald is allowed to become the "new normal" and "basic assumption beyond debate", it's ten times harder to deal with the problem. And, for all practical purposes, "no guns for felons, even non-violent ones" is already considered beyond debate in all circles that matter (legislative assemblies and courtrooms).

Really? GOAL doesn't get results? So yes, MA has a DC style handgun ban, a 1 gun a month law, no CC state wide, microstamping...oh wait, we DON'T have any of that crap, thanks to the hard work done by GOAL.

Dude, you're never going to take legislation further than the voters are willing to go. This is MA. you're fighting a holding action most times and measuring progress in feet vs miles. Adjust your expectations. Billboards and feel good legislation is a waste of time and money here. Targeted bills a piece at a time is the only choice.

Dude its my choice not to support them. IMHO GOAL has not provided a great deal. The handling of their organization over the years is tainted to say it mildly. So why do you think they are going to file legislation and get anywhere. One of the posts here said they were going to file 40+ bills? Dude how many do you think will even get a second look?

Last edited:
Working with a reporter from the Herald who is writing a piece on delays and the legislation.

If anyone had significant delays during a RENEWAL of an LTC/FID please contact him ASAP.

Here's his contact info.

John Zaremba - [email protected]

Thanks.

its not gay at all.

i gave GOAL a chance with a 3 year membership. In my eyes that was a waste of money. if it wasnt, then it is whoever markets GOALs information who failed. Its my money. does GOAL want it? If so, they need to make doubters like myself think its worth it. I dont think its worth it at all right now to be honest. That could change if GOAL actually impresses shooters like myself.

I've been donating the money I spent on GOAL to Comm2A instead, an org who already has a good track record.

As you know, GOAL was a bit tied up fighting internal battles for the past couple years. As you also know those battles have been won. Now is the time to double down on GOAL and Comm2A while they fight the wave of bullshit that's coming our way from a newly empowered Democrat party. MA will be the testing ground for any federal bullshit they can think of so we're literally on the front lines.

Your point about communication from GOAL / mission statement / strategy overview / grassroots action plans / etc. is a good one IMHO, and one that hopefully they're hearing and will be addressing. Again, this isn't a dig on Mike - what they need is WAY bigger than a one man job. (I think most of us here "get" that.)

Dude its my choice not to support them. IMHO GOAL has not provided a great deal. The handling of their organization over the years is tainted to say it mildly. So why do you think they are going to file legislation and get anywhere. One of the posts here said they were going to file 40+ bills? Dude how many do you think will even get a second look?

So you support openly anti-gun orgs like Wounded Warrior but don't support orgs like GOAL who have a proven track record of standing up against the slew of anti-gun bills that hit Beacon hill every year? Even over the past couple years when a certain internal faction was actively sabotaging the place they were still instrumental in blocking OGAM among others. If anyone thinks that the situation for gun owners would be anything but MUCH worse without GOAL in the picture, they just haven't been paying attention.

Look, obviously people can support or not support whoever and whatever they want and constructive criticism (in any venue) is a good thing. I certainly have my share of criticism, which I share regularly. (And which sometimes is admittedly less than constructive.) I just think we owe it to ourselves to try to keep it constructive, on point, and well-reasoned.

Last edited:
As you know, GOAL was a bit tied up fighting internal battles for the past couple years. As you also know those battles have been won. Now is the time to double down on GOAL and Comm2A while they fight the wave of bullshit that's coming our way from a newly empowered Democrat party. MA will be the testing ground for any federal bullshit they can think of so we're literally on the front lines.

Your point about communication from GOAL / mission statement / strategy overview / grassroots action plans / etc. is a good one IMHO, and one that hopefully they're hearing and will be addressing. Again, this isn't a dig on Mike - what they need is WAY bigger than a one man job. (I think most of us here "get" that.)

I don't know if it's fixed. Like I said originally, if GOAL gets its act right, it should start to see success and people like me will throw money at it. If it doesnt, it will be same old bullshit. I'm going to wait and see, not jump the gun and throw money at a question mark.

I don't know if it's fixed. Like I said originally, if GOAL gets its act right, it should start to see success and people like me will throw money at it. If it doesnt, it will be same old bullshit. I'm going to wait and see, not jump the gun and throw money at a question mark.

That's one option. The other option is to get to know the people who are now running the show now. I have and I trust them. They need our support now. Get in the game.

Back
Top Bottom