GOAL asks Governor to correct EOPS on Large Cap Mags.

being inflicted by the ignorant elitist legislature in this state.

I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on this, how is it the above mentioned legislators, who have been under Deval's guidance for over 6 years have been unsuccessful in passing any anti 2A legislation?

What's stopping them?

GOAL has too few members, too little money, and complete lack of any real strategy to be an effective lobbying group.

How do people not understand this? It's as clear as day.

Comm2A

With an AG/EOPS/and Governors office completely out of control the ONLY remedy is via the courts.
'Asking' is going nowhere.

I'd prefer MA to pass whatever retarded law it wants and have Comm2A or another org challenge it in court to solve it once and for all.

I'm a monthly donater to Comm2A as a result.

Denying the state every penny that I possibly can, Defying their foolish laws wherever and whenever I deem it appropriate, and ultimately voting with my feet to move away from the unending oppression being inflicted by the ignorant elitist legislature in this state.

Try it sometime, you might like it.

I wish you well in your game of chicken and can't blame you at all for wanting to move out. That said, unless your plans are concrete, I think it makes sense to pay the $30/year a GOAL membership costs.

I've talked to a number of reps and they respect Jim Wallace and say that GOAL does influence them.

I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on this, how is it the above mentioned legislators, who have been under Deval's guidance for over 6 years have been unsuccessful in passing any anti 2A legislation?

What's stopping them?

If I had to put my finger on one thing, I'd say its the decisions that have been handed down by the SCOTUS and that legislators are feeling more than a bit uneasy about their future actions. That may not be the whole of it but it certainly has had a great impact on it.

I also feel that they recognize that their actions may have very dire personal consequences if they persist. Society is NOT getting more tolerant of dictatorial rulers, it is becoming less tolerant of them and if you haven't noticed, government has been upscaling their arms race with the public to extrordinary levels.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish you well in your game of chicken and can't blame you at all for wanting to move out. That said, unless your plans are concrete, I think it makes sense to pay the $30/year a GOAL membership costs.

I've talked to a number of reps and they respect Jim Wallace and say that GOAL does influence them.

My plans are concrete.

I'd prefer MA to pass whatever retarded law it wants and have Comm2A or another org challenge it in court to solve it once and for all.

Who elects the judges in MA and does the MA SJC recognize the 2A as a civil right?

Don't misinterpret this as a knock on Comm2A, it's not at all, just saying that going before a judge in this state with reasonable expectation of a fair hearing is a roll of the dice at best.

GOAL has too few members, too little money, and complete lack of any real strategy to be an effective lobbying group.

How do people not understand this? It's as clear as day.

It is clear as day. It's also a self fulfilling prophecy if nobody joins.

What's stopping them?

They're either incompetent, afraid of the court cases involved, or afraid of losing elections (not sure why in MA). If put on the table, you don't think the dems (or R's even!) in MA would at least WANT to vote in anything anti-gun in a second?

It is clear as day. It's also a self fulfilling prophecy if nobody joins.

The reason no one joins is because they are a disorganized group with a poor strategy who up until very recently, were nothing more than a way for a select group of FUDDs to line their pockets.

That can be fixed without money.

Once they address their strategy and PR issues the money will flow in. They are going about things completely backwards.

The reason no one joins is because they are a disorganized group with a poor strategy who up until very recently, were nothing more than a way for a select group of FUDDs to line their pockets.

That can be fixed without money.

Once they address their strategy and PR issues the money will flow in. They are going about things completely backwards.

Well, some well respected NES members (including EddieCoyle, Cekim and Bob P) are now on the GOAL board. I trust them to address these issues.

They are trying to convince police to arrest and DAs to prosecute.

I don't know their "success rate" but they are vehemently pushing that agenda.

Is there any significant push back to them on Glidden's email list (or whatever it's called)? Or, are any participants joining them in their view? I am wondering if they are influencing anyone or just mouthing an opinion that is being ignored.

Well, some well respected NES members (including EddieCoyle, Cekim and Bob P) are now on the GOAL board. I trust them to address these issues.

I hope they do. Then I will send them a check.

Show me something first before you ask me to open my wallet.

Is there any significant push back to them on Glidden's email list (or whatever it's called)? Or, are any participants joining them in their view? I am wondering if they are influencing anyone or just mouthing an opinion that is being ignored.

I'm not at liberty to discuss what goes on on Glidden's eList. That's the rules that Ron set in place and if found violating them, that person will be permanently removed from Ron's eList. With that said I can tell you that Ron does not want his eList used for debating issues or political discussion (even about policies), so you can interpret that as you may. As much as there are probably ~700 members of his eList, just like here on NES, a very small minority are active on that eList. Nobody really knows what all the others are thinking or doing with the information posted there.

Not anymore. That money goes to Comm2A as well.

If the NRA was appropriately using the money I used to give them we may not be in the mess we are on the Fed level.
Although I ponied up a couple of new memberships after newtown to the NRA, I feel they have abandonded us in MA.
If they represented us back when Martha started messing with us,
The anti's would not have gained so much traction, now we are up to our ass in alligators.

I'm a monthly donater to Comm2A as a result.
That's not what I'd prefer. There's already more than enough to do with the unconstitutional and irrational laws we have on the books now. We don't need the legislature passing more crap that just so we can clog the courts up even more. Ideally Comm2A is working to put itself out of business and to become irrelevant. Sadly, we're not going to become Wyoming or Vermont anytime soon.

GOAL's letter was a great idea and it is important they continue to call this crap out. The EOPSS's creative interpretation of "lawfully possessed" is utterly immaterial until they become stupid enough to try an prosecute someone for possessing a legal pre-ban item that doesn't fit the EOPSS definition. At that point there's an actual harm and controversy that can be addressed by a court. Until then calling attention to this nonsense may prevent EOPSS from making this stuff up in the future.

I'm not at liberty to discuss what goes on on Glidden's eList. That's the rules that Ron set in place and if found violating them, that person will be permanently removed from Ron's eList. With that said I can tell you that Ron does not want his eList used for debating issues or political discussion (even about policies), so you can interpret that as you may. As much as there are probably ~700 members of his eList, just like here on NES, a very small minority are active on that eList. Nobody really knows what all the others are thinking or doing with the information posted there.

Is it possible for anyone to join the list?

Although I ponied up a couple of new memberships after newtown to the NRA, I feel they have abandonded us in MA.
If they represented us back when Martha started messing with us,
The anti's would not have gained so much traction, now we are up to our ass in alligators.

The NRA hasn't abandoned us at all. The NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund has helped Comm2A on several projects now. We have a very good relationship with them and they're worth of your support. The CRDF is quieter and not as in-your-face as ILA which wisely realizes they won't get much traction on Beacon Hill

That's not what I'd prefer.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Is it possible for anyone to join the list?

No, it is a restricted list. Excerpt from Ron's Book (emphasis/bolding/underlining is exactly as it appears in the book):

Membership on this email list is
[FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman,Bold,Times New Roman][FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman,Bold,Times New Roman]restricted to law enforcement personnel[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman,Bold,Times New Roman][FONT=LKAOEH+TimesNewRoman,Bold,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT].

We are already living with every new federal gun proposal. Background checks w/registry, AWB, 10rd mags, can't buy a glock, kimber, etc (which is the worst part). No one in the NRA is standing up for my rights in Mass. I could care less about a federal registry. I'm already on one in Mass. And what has GOAL done about any of this? Sorry, but until we elect a conservative Governor and state gov't none of this matters to us. We are clearly outnumbered when Elizabeth Warren is elected with absolutely NO political experience.

The NRA hasn't abandoned us at all. The NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund has helped Comm2A on several projects now. We have a very good relationship with them and they're worth of your support. The CRDF is quieter and not as in-your-face as ILA which wisely realizes they won't get much traction on Beacon Hill

they should have been here before your org. Had to form,due I recon from the fact nobody was representing gun people.

We are already living with every new federal gun proposal. Background checks w/registry, AWB, 10rd mags, can't buy a glock, kimber, etc (which is the worst part). No one in the NRA is standing up for my rights in Mass. I could care less about a federal registry. I'm already on one in Mass. And what has GOAL done about any of this? Sorry, but until we elect a conservative Governor and state gov't none of this matters to us. We are clearly outnumbered when Elizabeth Warren is elected with absolutely NO political experience.

It sure as hell matters. Perhaps not to someone who intends to never leave the state. But for many people in MA, the Federal level still matters.

It sure as hell matters. Perhaps not to someone who intends to never leave the state. But for many people in MA, the Federal level still matters.
That was my point,ma, nj.,ny and cal. Were abandoned by the NRA ,and th joke was "move to a free state" . Now the cancer has spread to a lot of states, and has finally gotten their limited attention.

That was my point,ma, nj.,ny and cal. Were abandoned by the NRA ,and th joke was "move to a free state" . Now the cancer has spread to a lot of states, and has finally gotten their limited attention.

That may be, but just because they ignored our States before, doesn't mean we should ignore the Federal level now. That's foolish, and is merely capitulation. Considering the number of laws already on the books, we as a people can never give up additional ground, wherever it may be.

Back
Top Bottom