• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL asks Governor to correct EOPS on Large Cap Mags.

The issue has been out there in the unsigned, undated memo from EOPS since May 2011 (copy on goal.org), so this is nothing new. I'm not sure why GOAL is raising the issue now. They did raise the issue of the prior memo and got no response/resolution. I hope they don't expect any response this time either.

I agree. There's no downside to them keeping it up. Its not like they can be held accountable.

Better for them to just keep the fear uncertainty and doubt up among new and poorly informed gun owners.

The issue has been out there in the unsigned, undated memo from EOPS since May 2011 (copy on goal.org), so this is nothing new. I'm not sure why GOAL is raising the issue now. They did raise the issue of the prior memo and got no response/resolution. I hope they don't expect any response this time either.

If I was planning some type of suit in federal court showing that the MA .gov was unable to make and follow their own laws, maybe this letter makes sense. Get them on record failing to correct their own crap even when put on notice it was crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GOAL's charter is NOT to file lawsuits but to seek legislative action. So I doubt that this was the motivation.

GOAL needs to change their charter, they might see a boon to their membership if they actually started doing something.

Ok with what 300000 licensed gun owners in Mass why are only 15000 GOAL members? Numbers is what Bureaucrats understand.

Because most gun owners are lazy apathetic asses who don't care, won't get off their ass to write a letter or phone call, but will bitch forever...... I know many. They give me a hard time about me wasting my time participating. There are probably a buttload of NES members from mass who are not goal members.

Because most gun owners are lazy apathetic asses who don't care, won't get off their ass to write a letter or phone call, but will bitch forever...... I know many. They give me a hard time about me wasting my time participating. There are probably a buttload of NES members from mass who are not goal members.

People would rather bitch, moan, and complain than ponying up $30 for a GOAL membership or spending 5 minutes contacting a state legislator.

I didn't just join, I donated extra money. My wife who has her own law practice offered her help pro-bono. And we've even met with legislators. If we all did this, this would be over with. But of our minority, less than 8% is active in preserving their own rights

People would rather bitch, moan, and complain than ponying up $30 for a GOAL membership or spending 5 minutes contacting a state legislator.

I disagree. I make what I believe to be an informed decision not to give them money.

I'll pony up for Comm2A, NES, or anyplace else I feel I, and the firearms community, get a return on that investment. I can't for the life of me figure out what GOAL does aside from writing letters that get no responses or results.

I disagree. I make what I believe to be an informed decision not to give them money.

I'll pony up for Comm2A, NES, or anyplace else I feel I, and the firearms community, get a return on that investment. I can't for the life of me figure out what GOAL does aside from writing letters that get no responses or results.

Are you an NRA member?

Comm2A is a public charity. They file lawsuits to defend civil rights. A public charity is forbidden from lobbying. This is why donations to Comm2A are tax deductible.

GOAL is, among other things, a lobbying organization. One of their main purposes is to influence legislation. As such, they cannot be a public charity and contributions to them are not tax deductible because they are used to influence legislation.

This is the reason why GOAL and Comm2A are complimentary but also necessarily separate.

Comm2A is a public charity. They file lawsuits to defend civil rights. A public charity is forbidden from lobbying. This is why donations to Comm2A are tax deductible.

GOAL is, among other things, a lobbying organization. One of their main purposes is to influence legislation. As such, they cannot be a public charity and contributions to them are not tax deductible because they are used to influence legislation.

This is the reason why GOAL and Comm2A are complimentary but also necessarily separate.

I understand that. But GOAL's "influence" can be quantified. It is exactly zero. They cannot get responses to their letters to the AG, EOPS, or Governor.

So when it comes time to open the checkbook do I give to the group who can get things done via the courts or the group who no one listens to?

I understand that. But GOAL's "influence" can be quantified. It is exactly zero. They cannot get responses to their letters to the AG, EOPS, or Governor.

So when it comes time to open the checkbook do I give to the group who can get things done via the courts or the group who no one listens to?

If all 300k licensed gun owners in MA were GOAL members, they'd have that influence. In fact, they'd be a higher % of MA voters than NRA members are nationally. For a lobbying organization, membership numbers mean a lot.

Exactly!

Last edited:
That article is from 3 years ago.
Yes, it is, and he's passed no anti-2A legislation since then.

The only thing his administration has accomplished is the backdoor BS through EOPS. Which is why GOAL is on them about their newest magazine "opinion".

Just because they blame somebody doesn't make it so. I know its a long shot in this state but did it ever occur to you that someone in the legislature might have actually looked at what they were doing and thought about the long term consequenses of their actions?

Government officials who don't get their way ALWAYS lay the blame on whomever is most convenient and the easiest to villify in the eyes of an ignorant public. Doing this with gun owners in Massachusetts is like shooting fish in a barrel for them.

Just because they blame somebody doesn't make it so. I know its a long shot in this state but did it ever occur to you that someone in the legislature might have actually looked at what they were doing and thought about the long term consequenses of their actions?

Who lobbies/educates/discussed the issues with the legislators?

Who lobbies/educates/discussed the issues with the legislators?

Could have been a drunk on a barstool one night somewhere when one of them was out having a beer or having dinner or a member of their golfing foursome or a family member.

If you are trying to convince me of GOAL's significance, please, please please, save your breathe.

Could have been a drunk on a barstool one night somewhere when one of them was out having a beer or having dinner or a member of their golfing foursome or a family member.

If you are trying to convince me of GOAL's significance, please, please please, save your breathe.

You didn't answer the question.

For those of you who aren't GOAL members because you think GOAL is ineffective, what's your alternative?

For those of you who aren't GOAL members because you think GOAL is ineffective, what's your alternative?

Denying the state every penny that I possibly can, Defying their foolish laws wherever and whenever I deem it appropriate, and ultimately voting with my feet to move away from the unending oppression being inflicted by the ignorant elitist legislature in this state.

Try it sometime, you might like it.

Back
Top Bottom