Glutton for punishment? (new revolver purchase)

My buddy's got one of those, and he's such a masochist, he took off the rubber grips and put wood grips on it. Shooting that thing with .357 Magnum hurts more than any other handgun I've fired. Ever.

I struggled with M&P340's mighty kick myself, and almost gave up.
My rationale was: If you going to carry it, you gotta train with it. A lot.
Don't fool yourself - your joints won't get used to the pain. Rather, you'll end up with a permanently inflamed joint.
Here's what I did to cure the problem:
1. Went to Walmart, bought this thing ($5 or something):
4599103319_c6bce19996_o.jpg

2. Cut out a short piece
4599720482_e113ba8d96_o.jpg

The red electrical tape prevents the trigger from slipping to the right.
3. Forgot about the pain.
4599103251_fda60e453e_o.jpg

4599103407_b818a80be7_o.jpg

Now I can train as much as I need w/o any pain.
If, God forbid, I ever need to use it for self defense purpose, well, I think I'll suffer through a cylinder or two without my contraption.
Good luck.

I think the 340 is uncomfortable to fire, but its not outrageous to me. I've fire them on a few occasions, and to me it feels like clapping my hands together hard. Nothing more then that.

How is the Taurus "ribber" grip for this situation? Don't they make a lightweight revolver as well?

How can this hurt more than a .44 or the .460 or the .500, even with their higher weight? What about the .44 special snub nose?

How is the Taurus "ribber" grip for this situation? Don't they make a lightweight revolver as well?

How can this hurt more than a .44 or the .460 or the .500, even with their higher weight? What about the .44 special snub nose?

Compared to these a full sized 44mag is nothing. The 500 only hurts more with serious EddieCoyle loads, and even then I think I'd choose that over one of these. The 500 is like getting punched in the palm, whereas this is more like getting hit by a ball-peen hammer.

There's certain realities when you mix a high power cartridge with a lightweight gun - even .38's can hurt. I love the look on peoples faces who claim to be "recoil junkies", when they shoot a 158gr Buffalo Bore from my 642CT... It's like God sent your hand to hell....

Back
Top Bottom