Glocks in MA

Wtf.. you could have explained this all to me before I've bought 10 from you over the years. Ass hole!!
I transferred a hi-point to @Broc too. I admit I am a gun whore and will sell anything to anyone. But I will give them sh*t for buying crap..

I had someone pickup a bear creek arsenal upper today. I tried REALLY hard to talk him out of it but he really wanted it (price based decision).

I transferred a hi-point to @Broc too. I admit I am a gun whore and will sell anything to anyone. But I will give them sh*t for buying crap..

I had someone pickup a bear creek arsenal upper today. I tried REALLY hard to talk him out of it but he really wanted it (price based decision).
"I am not gay, but a Hi-point is a hi-point" - CrockPot.

Why do people want glocks again? Terrible grip angle. The only gun with a worse trigger is the Bodyguard 380. Y'all want them because someone told you NO. I can't think of any other reason... The Bear Creek Arsenal of handguns.

NES is packed with posts where I say a lot of the same things. I had a Glock once, it did nothing for me, so I sold it over a decade later.

Now I've bought two more and I'm carrying them everywhere.

What changed? I dunno. Maybe I just got tired of hunting down iffy preban mags for Smith 5906s, or having to pay a guy to fit a slide-stop upgrade on my Inglis BHP. Maybe I got tired of the way my 1911 gathered lint in a thousand different crevices when I carried it. Or? Maybe I just gave Glocks another chance and realized I'd grown to like their simplicity a bit more over the past 15 years.

It certainly wasn't because anyone told me NO.

Why do people want glocks again? Terrible grip angle. The only gun with a worse trigger is the Bodyguard 380. Y'all want them because someone told you NO. I can't think of any other reason... The Bear Creek Arsenal of handguns.
I’ve got a couple of 1911’s in .45, another in 9mm. Bunch of Sigs in the safe that beling to my wife. Couple, maybe more , revolvers.

All aesthetically more pleasing than my Glocks.

The Glocks just work. I’m a B class USPSA shooter, A class closing on master in steel challenge- and the glock platform isn’t the limiting factor - it’s me.

can anyone explain to me the design of the curved forward jutting face of the trigger guard on Glocks? It's even serrated, as to imply to be a place to put your finger.

Stupidity.
Putting your non-dominant forefinger there sets your hand up badly.

It's obvious why none of you will ever be in the legendary Jerry Miculek's shooting status for not using the front of the trigger guard for support! [laugh]

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvO_1B5dfc

Glock triggers have captured the sensation of walking around in your bare feet and accidentally stepping on a mouse: squish squish squish crunch pop.
[rofl]

I have a bunch of Glocks.

They are fine. Nothing to write home about.

Not hard to find at good prices if you do your homework.

My g19 would be my go to if the shtf.

Easy to fix, no tools besides a punch needed.

So popular I could no doubt find parts, mags etc. easily.

I have way better guns. E.g. a CZ TSO. Like I will find parts, mags etc out in the wild. Nope.

We get the wives used to seeing cheap glock cases, then they don't ask about the NightHawks 😉. I can't afford another kitchen 🤣

People still bitch about getting Glocks in MA? Sounds like Deli Counter shoppers.
I was going to say I havent heard any bitching about availability. Some prices are ridiculous but, oh well, I just keep scrolling. Typically they are the overly customized G19's with a laundry list of stuff I dont want.

The platform. Spares. Cheap magazines that work. A gun serviceable by a monkey.

The only guns that beat the glock parts ecosystem are 1911s. Nothing else comes close to either.
Whoa there pardner, are you callin' me and @allen-1 a couple of monkeys???

Myself included in that, too.... 🤣

Special thanks to @allen-1 for floating me some spring cups after I launched some of them into space.
lol, there’s at least a couple of those hiding somewhere on the floor of my loading room for quite a few years now.
I won’t take a striker assembly apart at the range anymore. It’s easier to just bring a second gun as a backup rather than spare parts. Just one more reason Glocks are great. They are cheap enough to have a second (or 14th) one as a spare.

Delta Team Tactical is the BCA of pistols.
Have both, they go bang when you pull the trigger - most of the time.

The platform. Spares. Cheap magazines that work. A gun serviceable by a monkey.

The only guns that beat the glock parts ecosystem are 1911s. Nothing else comes close to either.
The only reason I have one. The mags fit my PC 9 carbine and other 9mm carbines as well........so you can put everything together in one small case with few booms sticks and a G17and have a pretty compact carbine/rifle combo at the ready.

Last edited:
Would have said waking around bare foot on Legos.
That's a pretty sharp sensation and you feel it right away. Glock triggers have that vague, squishy pull until they finally begin to crunch and break. I like my Glocks for what they are, but installing a minus connector and doing a quick trigger job only gets you a tolerable trigger that still sucks, it just sucks less.

During peak Wu Flu madness I was able to source a G20 brand new in box for $600 even (plus $25 transfer fee)- in my hands in MA. That's within $20 of free state pricing via the huge online discount sellers and same price if you paid via credit card. Unless you are a personal friend I know face to face, don't ask. [laugh]

Although I prefer the feel of many other brands ergonomics, and the Glock doesn’t feel amazing in my hand. Glocks just seem to point the most naturally for me.
I have a few Glocks, just can't get comfortable holding them. Can't remember the last time I shot one.

Glocks arent the best pistols out there probably. That said in terms of not expensive and extremely reliable they are very good.

The only times I hear people mention the grip angle thing is here on NES.

That's a pretty sharp sensation and you feel it right away. Glock triggers have that vague, squishy pull until they finally begin to crunch and break. I like my Glocks for what they are, but installing a minus connector and doing a quick trigger job only gets you a tolerable trigger that still sucks, it just sucks less.

During peak Wu Flu madness I was able to source a G20 brand new in box for $600 even (plus $25 transfer fee)- in my hands in MA. That's within $20 of free state pricing via the huge online discount sellers and same price if you paid via credit card. Unless you are a personal friend I know face to face, don't ask. [laugh]
lol. I just meant painful.

I do the .25 trigger job and add a better connector. That helps a lot!

I got my g20 for either $620 or $625 out the door cash a while back.

The right dealers are selling at good prices. Others, not so much….

We have a 9mm and now a 10mm. I've also shot their 45. I like them a lot. Simple. Reliable. Cost effective. And for some reason they handle recoil very well for a fairly light plastic gun. At least for me. Maybe it's the grip angle???

The 10mm is going to be put through its paces since it will be carried in the mountains. It's going to get dragged through a lot of crap and will certainly get banged around.

Back
Top Bottom