Glock trigger spring, SO confused

Sent my 2nd gen 19 out to Glock in May for refurb. After getting back, decided to change connector to 3.5lb LWD. When disassembled, noticed that trigger spring resembles NY1 spring, not standard spring. Is it possible that this was spec'd w/ a NY1 spring and they just kept it as is? I primarily use this for s/d but also target as secondary use so i'm looking for the lightest & safest trigger combo. I was going to do the 3.5lb connector with the 4lb firing pin spring and 6lb trigger spring (as recommended by Ghost and LWD) but I don't even know what I've got to start with now. sooo confused. please help! thanks! See pic below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66654230@N06/sets/72157629315476463/

That thing in the lower corner is an NY1 spring... you can get rid of that crap and put a regular glock spring in there with a 3.5 and end up with a net pull around 4 pounds or less.

"light and safe" is subjective. It's all about where you feel comfortable with it set.

-Mike

ah that's what i thought! i was going crazy thinking that if they were gunna "refurb" it back to factory specs, why would they put an optional spring in it? didn't make sense at all to me. Thanks SO much!

I agree with drgrant...I bought my glock 23 with the ny1 trigger spring already in it and I hated it, even after I put in the 3.5 connector. I switched the ny1 spring with a stock spring and the trigger is real nice now.

As Drgrant said you have a NY1 spring. If this gun is for carry don't change the firing pin spring, you could get light primer strikes. Just use the Ghost connector and the Glock stock trigger spring. NY triggers stink!

Awesome. Now, do i have to change anything else in order to fit a stock spring? Cause it doesnt have that plastic piece right...?

Just change the trigger spring, takes about 60 seconds. It will install different than the NY spring, so If you have not changed one research a little.

My first glock, had since April and was wondering why this trigger kinda sucks. Thats why i started with the connector... it's been driving me nuts but i finally decided to ask.

just ordered the 5lb and 6lb trig springs and the 4lb f.p. spring, now i can mix and match and see what's best. Also the ghost rocket in place of my existing LWD connector. :D thanks guys!

You might want to put the factory connector back in also then. Try that, should be 5 1/2 to 6lbs. Ghost connector will be 4 1/2 to 5lbs. I know this because I used and tested both. Make sure you lightly lube the connector, especially if it's new.

Last edited:
there are plenty of youtube videos that show you how to install a new spring...type in glockstore.com into youtube and look at their channel, they have some pretty good videos...but here is a picture basically showing how it's installed
Fig_9c_Trg_Spring_0.JPG

Back
Top Bottom