Glock Preban Mag - Info Sharing

Glock Pre Ban Magazines – just sharing some info to those of you who may have the same issue.

I bought a few 15rd preban mags for my Glock 19 Gen4. They all worked well, except that each one failed to feed the last round. Every time. So I suppose that’s really not working well. After some online research, I purchased new followers (old style) and new mag springs (Wolff +10%).

Although the follower is listed as a low wear item, the old followers were clearly worn compared to the new ones. Also, the new springs were significantly stiffer and longer than the old ones. Swapping out the followers and springs was fairly straightforward.

Results: problem solved. No FTFs, mags work perfectly.

well if you think about it as case being fed into the chamber, lips are holding it down and press tightly against the follower. and since brass is a lot harder than nylon after enough repetition it would shave-off enough material off the follower to make it 'out of spec' in some way and therefore not perform the function as intended.

those mag must have been used a lot.

of course there might be other explanations and reasons behind your particular case of FTF, i'm sure glock guys already discovered root of the problem long ago.

Last edited:
Magazine not functioning ---> Replace follower and mag spring = solution to virtually all magazine issues.

Back
Top Bottom