• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock of course

I now know why so many like a Glock. As everyone knows there's always those who want one because "you can't have one in Mass". After trying several full size 9MM over the past 4 yrs, I finally acquired a G17 Gen4. For me it is definitely the trigger that helps me be more accurate than other pistols. The reason is the transition from the take up to the break. It is smoother than others and I feel that it stops me from "jerking" the gun as I hit the break. For example, my Canik has a long take-up that is very light (IMO) and then you hit the break which needs a bit more force on the pull. This is when I jerk the gun a bit and my accuracy falls off. Anyway, after 500 rds, I'm really liking my accuracy with the 17. BTW, I'm strictly comparing to striker fire pistols I've owned and not my previously owned 92 and 226.

some people like a wall before trigger breaks, others don't. i've learned to shoot both. this is another reason a DA/SA revolver is an excellent training pistol as one can learn to shoot DA (long pull, no wall) and SA (short pull, wall present). interestingly i still shoot revolvers a little better in DA because i'm so accustomed to it.

I love glock factory trigger. I feel like other strikers are sub par. Vp9-sponge like feel and weak reset. Sig 320-hot garbage, canik- don’t like the take up, and m&p-They blow goats

You like the Glock's trigger better than the Canik?

Huh...

As much respect as I have for Sig, I prefer the Glock to the P320 trigger all day long. Sometimes it's just a preference.

The Walther P99 had a nice trigger. But it was loooooooooooooooooong. And the trigger reset was even looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonger.

I finally acquired a G17 Gen4. For me it is definitely the trigger that helps me be more accurate than other pistols. 6.
Agreed. I think the trigger is great. I shoot wonderfully with a glock gen 5. I think the grip angle is preferred since 1.) the front sight will reach your eye faster since it's relative higher, and 2.) the forward grip angle allows more recoil energy to be sent past the wrist and into your forearm.

I used to shit on glocks, but they're actually great guns.

As much respect as I have for Sig, I prefer the Glock to the P320 trigger all day long. Sometimes it's just a preference.

The Walther P99 had a nice trigger. But it was loooooooooooooooooong. And the trigger reset was even looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonger.

Wat? The Canik's trigger reset is pretty short, like 1/4"

The initial take-up is a little long, but it's *really easy* to stage it because the take up is super low drag.

I like Glocks, but not because of the trigger. Even with a Zev Trigger I am still not a fan.

The trigger has a different mechanical function in a Glock vs a P320 or VP9 though (no experience with a Canik). You sort of have to take the system in its entirety, accepting some of the baggage that comes with each trigger type.

With the demise of print magazines means the demise of overly-arrogant gun writers who think that if a trigger doesn't have a 2lb pull and a glass-rod break, it's trash. I mean, for gosh's sake, anyone here ever shoot a Python??? Everyone wants one. Trigger is meh, at best. S&W is so much finer. So without these guys yapping at us for the "perfect" trigger every month, we realize that we can shoot a lot more variation in trigger than they ever purported we could.

Besides, after 500-1,000 rounds, the Glock trigger is just fine. LOL.

Personally, I'm glad those days are over. A select few guys basically dictated every trend in the industry. If they panned it, it sucked. If they praised it, it went over like gangbusters.

Glock is the Model A Ford of guns, only you can now get them in colors other than black...

Feels like we're in a bizarro world. Never heard anyone rave about a Glock trigger. Most Glocks probably get the connector replaced and maybe a polish job and spring changed for a reason.
Tom, not raving about it but it is very different from other striker fire pistols and I said, FOR ME, it's just been easily adapted to. Let's face it, a 1911, 226 or 92 in single action has the ideal trigger.

Glock is the Model A Ford of guns, only you can now get them in colors other than black...

I see they brought back the Battlefield Green ( my favorite color) that is now a factory color. Or are they old stock that I'm seeing?

I see they brought back the Battlefield Green ( my favorite color) that is now a factory color. Or are they old stock that I'm seeing?
Battlefield green is a factory color that is exclusive to the distributor Amchar. Looking at their inventory they clearly had a recent run done by Glock.

Grey and FDE are unique to Lipseys. They recently had some gen 5 19s done in grey and fde. First factory colored gen 5 I have seen.

ODG is also a factory color and available to all distributors.

All other colors and the above colors from the wrong distributor are after market cerakote. You can tell by looking at the frame serial number. It gets colored when they cerakote.

Slides are all black except the new 43x and 48. Any other non-black slide is after market cerakote.

Feels like we're in a bizarro world. Never heard anyone rave about a Glock trigger.
I learned to shoot on DAO pistols. I understand the views on the glock trigger, but I think its pretty good. The weight difference between the take up and the break is small, which leans towards a consistent (and predictable) pull. It's not perfect, but for a mass-produced budget pistol I think they do a good job. The S&W M&P guns barely have any weight on the takeup (and it's not smooth at all), then bam you hit a massive wall. Bleh.

I just picked up a Gen 5 19 MOS and am looking forward to testing it out this weekend. This will be my first strike-fire gun, having previously owned a P226 and P229, and have had my 92 FS for eons.

Battlefield green is a factory color that is exclusive to the distributor Amchar. Looking at their inventory they clearly had a recent run done by Glock.

Grey and FDE are unique to Lipseys. They recently had some gen 5 19s done in grey and fde. First factory colored gen 5 I have seen.

ODG is also a factory color and available to all distributors.

All other colors and the above colors from the wrong distributor are after market cerakote. You can tell by looking at the frame serial number. It gets colored when they cerakote.

Slides are all black except the new 43x and 48. Any other non-black slide is after market cerakote.

Thanks good info

I now know why so many like a Glock. As everyone knows there's always those who want one because "you can't have one in Mass". After trying several full size 9MM over the past 4 yrs, I finally acquired a G17 Gen4. For me it is definitely the trigger that helps me be more accurate than other pistols. The reason is the transition from the take up to the break. It is smoother than others and I feel that it stops me from "jerking" the gun as I hit the break. For example, my Canik has a long take-up that is very light (IMO) and then you hit the break which needs a bit more force on the pull. This is when I jerk the gun a bit and my accuracy falls off. Anyway, after 500 rds, I'm really liking my accuracy with the 17. BTW, I'm strictly comparing to striker fire pistols I've owned and not my previously owned 92 and 226.

x5.jpg
?????????

I learned to shoot on DAO pistols. I understand the views on the glock trigger, but I think its pretty good. The weight difference between the take up and the break is small, which leans towards a consistent (and predictable) pull. It's not perfect, but for a mass-produced budget pistol I think they do a good job. The S&W M&P guns barely have any weight on the takeup (and it's not smooth at all), then bam you hit a massive wall. Bleh.

Ok. But did you change the connector, tried a flat face trigger shoe, perhaps polished the parts with some Mothers Mag, maybe changed out a spring or two?

BvIHCpr.gif

No one likes Glocks they are for old women

Wat? The Canik's trigger reset is pretty short, like 1/4"

The initial take-up is a little long, but it's *really easy* to stage it because the take up is super low drag.

This...Canik all the way as long as your riding reset back to the click. After the first shot there is no take up...and a Canik trigger is far superior to any glock trigger.

Nothing wrong with the glock, reliable and a great gun...but trigger....meh.

I don't understand the hate of the Glock stock trigger. Honestly, its not that bad, the Gen4 was fine and The Gen 5's are actually pretty good as is.
My only major complaint is the shape of the dangus which will irritate your trigger finger sooner or later. This can be resolved with a little bit of filing/sanding.
I have a pile of g19's and g34's with a mix of stock and aftermarket triggers. I shoot them all fine, my splits are faster with upgraded triggers just because the reset is shorter (apex, zev ,overwatch) but really that is gamer stuff.

Back
Top Bottom