• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Magazine issue

guycrunch

NES Member
I have a older Glock 19 magazine that sat in a safe for about 6 years ago. when I finally retrieved it this is what it looked like:

glock mag 1.jpg

can this be repaired?

thanx.

guy

For $100.00 I can fix it with a new one..

It's a gonner!

MA infringing on your right to buy a newly made one.

Last edited:
Yipes. That really is an old one...

You can try using donor plastic from another Glock magazine and ABS Poly pipe weld. It's a little harder to find in MA because of our codes, but Cheapo Depot and Loews tend to have it in a little 16oz can for <$10. You clamp everything in place, melt pieces of the donor plastic in using a wood burner or soldering iron, trim with a razor and then sand. The ABS weld fumes are very toxic and flammable, wear a mask! Take some of the weld out and let it sit in a bowl - it's very thin, and will start to thicken as the solvents in it cook off. Brush it on lightly, wait 12hr, fine sand, brush more, wait 12hr, finer sand, etc and when you think it meets your standard of smooth/filled, finish with a few very fine wetsands.This method has worked VERY well for me with motorcycle fairings and other parts.

TBH I personally wouldn't trust it as a carry mag after that sort of repair, but it might save it. It's not a drop-free so if the fit might be a little tighter after.

Was the safe stored in an especially hot or cold place? Did you have a dehumidifier rod near it?

The AG has one on her desk and sticks pins in it like a voodoo doll to put a curse on all the hi-cap mags in the state no matter where they are.

Back
Top Bottom