• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Issues & Status

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Over the past week, I've had some good discussions with some high-level folks at Glock.

Here are some of the salient points that I made and/or info from Glock that I can share:

Pre vs. Post Ban Mags:

• Official answer is that there is NO definitive way to tell for certain that something is post-ban hi-cap.
  • I was told that a few MA DAs have called Glock looking for info with the intent to charge someone with possession of post-ban hi-cap mags. Glock's response about not being definitively able to isolate pre-ban from post-ban hi-cap mages threw cold-water on their (MA DAs) attempts to ruin some folks lives.

I explained that our new AG was an "unknown" wrt firearms issues. However, politically speaking, she may not be able to rescind the AG Regs (CMR) without getting castigated by the media and destroying her political career. IF she decides to be reasonable, she may be limited to just not enforcing them and agreeing with a wink and a nod that the MGLs/EOPS testing is adequate to "protect the public".

GCAB, EOPS & Target Guns:

• I explained to them the way things get done from GCAB to EOPS and that the Sec. of Public Safety can sit on it forever, reject, or accept the recommendations.
  • I explained that to date the new Sec. of Public Safety’s attitude towards firearms is unknown. And the prior 1 or 2 Sec. of Public Safety were anti-gun and just let GCAB’s recommendations (proposed CMRs) gather dust.

Warranty/Frame Issues:

• We discussed my concerns about warranty issues and Glock’s reluctance to ship replacement frames into MA.
  • I explained that the MA definition of “firearm” per MGL Ch. 140 S. 121 makes a frame a "NON-firearm" and he agreed to re-visit this decision. I also suggested that he talk with Ron Glidden to get confirmation of what I was telling him.

Model 21SF:

• I advised him that there was no info on their website on the 21SF.
  • It’s a matter of personal interest as I really like a .45, yet the Model 21 grip is too large for my hands.
  • BTW: Glock explained to me that the 21SF mags will fit in either a 21SF or 21, but the older 21 mags will NOT fit in a 21SF. Mag release has been moved and 21SF mags have both cut-outs.
  • I was also told that the backlog of 21SF orders currently exceeds 70K!! It's going to be a LONG TIME (measured in many months) before most folks ever see what they are trying to order!

Official answer is that there is NO definitive way to tell for certain that something is post-ban hi-cap.

was told that a few MA DAs have called Glock looking for info with the intent to charge someone with possession of post-ban hi-cap mags. Glock's response about not being definitively able to isolate pre-ban from post-ban hi-cap mages threw cold-water on their (MA DAs) attempts to ruin some folks lives.

Good info. I'm sure that the Glock legal folks were instructed to tell ANYONE from MA to pound sand whenever they get the chance!

Back
Top Bottom