• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

glock help please, any armorers out there?

greencobra

NES Member
i took apart my glock slide today because of a problem with the striker, or rather the striker cups retaining the spring. after taking the back slide cover off and taking out the striker, spring and that housing, the channel liner came out also. my question is how snug should that liner be in the channel? i assume pretty snug if they have a dedicated tool to push it in, right?

i installed the slide parts and don't remember any issues that would raise a red flag at the time. today was my first chance to test fire the pistol. the problem today was misfires. very light striker hits on the primers. i tried moving the striker but it didn't move too easy towards the rear. oh shit sherlock, something was binding it. turned out the striker cups were tight enough in the channel liner to drag while trying to move so inertia was lost hence the light strikes. it was tight enough to take the liner along when i removed that striker unit.

thinking back, i remember giving that liner a few good blows with the setting tool and hammer to seat it and i do remember it being snug, not loose enough to fall out on it's own. i just ordered a glock oem channel liner and striker cups but in the meantime i'm just curious and asking about it.

They actually sell a tool that on one is is the install and the other end is for removal. The removal end is threaded so it can bite into the liner so you can pull it out. I had to remove my liner once and it was in there and required the removal tool, it definitely does come out like you mentioned. Some people have posted about using a certain size coarse thread bolt. I'm sure it will come up in a google search.

What kinda glock bullshit is that?
When I took apart my vp9(my first gun) nothing strange like that shit happened.

Even doing trigger and sear work on my usp and beretta wast that bad either.( my first hammer guns)

They actually sell a tool that on one is is the install and the other end is for removal. The removal end is threaded so it can bite into the liner so you can pull it out. I had to remove my liner once and it was in there and required the removal tool, it definitely does come out like you mentioned. Some people have posted about using a certain size coarse thread bolt. I'm sure it will come up in a google search.
yeah, i have the correct bolt size in my tool box for removal but alas it's not needed, it just falls out when i remove the whole firing pin/spring/cups & spacer sleeve. as i mentioned above, the spring cups seem to drag on the inside of the channel liner which i didn't notice before. so when i went to investigate the cause of my light hits and took the pin out, this is what happened...the liner came sliding out with the trigger parts.

maybe i should elaborate. i replaced those parts in my slide, the firing pin, spring, cups and spacer sleeve. when i installed the parts as a complete unit, i don't remember feeling resistance of the spring binding in the channel liner. in fact when i put the back plate back on, i could slide the trigger (the best i could) in the channel freely. just felt the spring resistance as expected. but...trouble reared it's head when i dry fired and heard a dull thud sound instead of that glock specific dry fire sound. glock users know what sound i'm talking about.

yesterday i ordered new glock oem everything except a firing pin for a rebuild of trigger assembly, including a new channel liner from the glock store. if they follow their usual mo of snails pace picking and shipping, i should see the parts sometime around the end of january. at least when lenny says oem parts i know for sure they're truly oem.

as of now, i blame myself for my light hit problem but the channel liner coming out that easy was curious. i've never monkeyed with one before so i needed to ask.

Huh, so you never touched the channel liner before. That’s weird for sure. When I was building my lone wolf slide I though I remember reading / watching that when installing the liner to make sure there is no lube/oil on it or the channel. Maybe some got down in there?

Back
Top Bottom