Glock goes BOOM!!!!

I smell bullshit.

I've seen a shitload of KB and hand damage pics from said KB. The wounds/burns you usually get from a glock blowing up are in the "sucks, kinda painful, but ultimately just painful and annoying" grade. Not life threatening shit like that.

That's from some shithead holding a lit M80 in his hand, not the blown up glock in the bottom picture.

-Mike

Whatever happened to that hand, gnarly is not descriptive enough. Like drgrant says, it literally looks he held on to an explosive.

I smell bullshit.

I've seen a shitload of KB and hand damage pics from said KB. The wounds/burns you usually get from a glock blowing up are in the "sucks, kinda painful, but ultimately just painful and annoying" grade. Not life threatening shit like that.

That's from some shithead holding a lit M80 in his hand, not the blown up glock in the bottom picture.

-Mike

You may be right, but either way, that's some serious plastic surgery needed! It does resemble an m80 type injury.

I smell bullshit.

-Mike

Most of the kbs I've seen are in the chamber or barrel though, with heavier damage to the barrel and slide. It looks like a round detonated in the mag or something, I've not seen a grip entirely seperate from the gun with minimal damage to the slide like that. Still, I couldn't explain how there would be that much pressure if the round wasn't contained by something like the chamber.

I smell bullshit.

-Mike

+1

I was thinking the same thing- the hand damage appears to be WAY more extensive than a double charge would cause. Looks more like an accident from an explosive, not a propellant gone wrong.

Question for the reloaders, could you roll crimp a round hard enough to build enough pressure outside of a chamber to pop like a firework? Not that anyone should be putting a mean roll crimp on their 9mm, but if a round popped like that who knows what the hell they're doing at the press.

Question for the reloaders, could you roll crimp a round hard enough to build enough pressure outside of a chamber to pop like a firework? Not that anyone should be putting a mean roll crimp on their 9mm, but if a round popped like that who knows what the hell they're doing at the press.

On a typical straight wall pistol cartridge you'd taper crimp something like that, but the crimp isn't actually what is holding the bullet in place, the crimp really (mostly) just flattens out the flaring job on the brass.

Without a chamber IMHO ammo could burn you or be annoying but I still can't see that kind of damage being caused by an exploding cartridge. I mean it would be more than a KB perhaps but not like that hamburger helper pic.

If that hand and that gun are related, that almost smells like something else was going on there, like someone using some kind of propellant they're not supposed to... that's hardly a "typical" reloading accident.

-Mike

I smell bullshit.

-Mike
Wicked smart

while this is super unfortunate, there is absolutely no useful information in that post. it's just taboo. worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

I smell bullshit.

-Mike

^THIS

Hand in snowblower? It's ugly, but it doesn't look like it came from a detonation of any sort. The damage to the Glock looks strange somehow.

Im with drgrant on this one... there is no way that kb glock cause the damage to the hand in the photo.
Yes you could get a boo boo but not like that....thas 25% as bad as "the hand" On grogs 40mm site.

Even a tripple charge of the wong powder couldnt do that if it was even possible on a 9mm or .40

Fake news to attack glock more than likely, and im no glock fan

Mike called it. The Internet strikes again. No way that was Glock Kaboom.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't know but would like to know the truth. I have to agree with drgrant. I am a Glock 22 gen. 2 kaboom (survivor) LOL. While hurting my hand it was not anything like that. The damage was in the chamber, trigger & slide. It ruined the gun but nothing like his gun.

You may be right, but either way, that's some serious plastic surgery needed! It does resemble an m80 type injury.

Blows up hand with m80.... then loads another one in the glock... im sure its easier to sue glock because you're supposed to be holding it in your hand

And.. the upper part of the chamber is still intact, so is the magazine. I call BS

Also...
I want to see the glock and the hand in the same picture

Google "blown up glock" and see if u can find the gun pic by itself. Bet u it's years old

Last edited:
I smell bullshit.

-Mike

You're right Mike. I did a Google search on the image and that same exact photo of the Glock shows up under at least a hundred or more stories of guns blowing up. I even found the story for this exact Glock, although I don't know how it could be proved. However, the caption for this picture said the shooter suffered bruises on his hands with minor to moderate lacerations. Nothing is stated about losing fingers or thumbs.

NOTE: This did not happen at Front Sight and to my knowledge we have never had a gun blow up after tens of millions of rounds fired by tens of thousands of students. There is a reason why it has not happened at Front Sight. After you take a look at this Glock, I will share with you the common denominator in handguns blowing up and tell you the reason why you need not worry about that happening at Front Sight.

The photos below illustrate a catastrophic failure of a Glock 21. Again, this incident did not happen at Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, but is one of many such incidents elsewhere that are the reason why Front Sight has always required students to use factory new ammunition.The shooter of this pistol was using reloaded, full metal jacket ammunition. To the best of our understanding of the incident, the cartridge case was not sized properly, preventing the action from locking up fully, but allowing the action close enough to fire the weapon. The result was an open breech detonation of the cartridge. The photos speak for themselves. The shooter received severely bruised hands, with minor to moderate lacerations to his hands and face. We have received reports of similar incidents with the Glock 21 and I have personally witnessed a less dramatic incident with a Glock 21-magazine blown out of the weapon and shooter's hand bruised. In all incidents reported, reloads were used.

attachment.php

http://www.adjunct.diodon349.com/at...his_happen_to_you_guns_should_not_blow_up.htm

Attachments

• glock03_thumb.jpg
    glock03_thumb.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 384
Back
Top Bottom