NES Member
As far as I can tell, there have been three styles of Glock extractors:

Early - 90 deg
GlockExtractor_90_nonLCI.jpg

Mid - 15 deg
GlockExtractor_15_5_nonLCI.jpg

Late - 15 deg w/LCI
GlockExtractor_15_5_LCI.jpg

The difference between 90 and 15 seems apparent - you can see it in the right edge of the extractor. Correct?

The difference between non-LCI and LCI appears to be the little nubbin in the top right-hand corner in the last picture. Correct?

Here's a pic of two Glocks - the one on top is an early model with the 90-degree extractor, and the one on the bottom is a late model with a 15-degree extractor with LCI:

sketch-1636900078327.png

So riddle me this... I bought a 90-degree extractor but it sure doesn't look like it's a 90-degree angle. Not only that, but the (aftermarket) slide has an entirely different angle altogether. What gives?

1636899713759.jpg

The Glock extractors all work fine. Just run the newest OEM version if for no other reason than to keep older parts factory correct to the older guns for value purpose. I use ZERO aftermarket Glock parts especially extractors and slides So cannot comment on them. For me Glock pistol serves the role of maximum reliability for defensive purpose and I do nothing to compromise that. Everything runs great for 200 rounds….it’s what the parts do at 5k or 10k+ where it can go sideways fast.

what has taken Glock decades to figure out, is how to design a breech face so as to allow consistent ejection. They finally nailed it on the gen 5.

i've never seen that 90 degree before, not even for sale as a part. learning something new again.

Back
Top Bottom