• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock customer service?

hessy

NES Member
Has anyone had experience with Glock customer service? I wonder if you need to send them warranty card, etc. and what do they do for free. My G34 locks back prematurely. Plus, I wanted to switch the extended mag release for regular release-the extended digs my left hand. Will I have to pay for this?
TIA

I've only dealt with Glock CSR once. They where pretty helpful. Had a G19 that would fail to feed periodically. Explained the problem to them over the phone and the guy said "If it's a Glock, we'll fix it. Just send it in with a description of the problem". Never asked about any type of warrantee registration or anything. Sent it in and got it back under two weeks. Great service, but unfortunately the problem didn't go away even though they practically replaced all the innards. Eventually had to trade the gun away.

Same here. Call them first and they will do a quick diagnostic over the phone. They will always offer to do a free check but you will have to send them the gun. It's gotta go overnight from you if you want them to send it back directly to your house or if you go thru FFL (cheaper freight) they will have to send it back via the FFL and do another nics check when you receive it.

Not bad overall if you spend the $60+ to send it back. They will rebuild innards and mags if you ask them.

Glock's CS is excellent.

Unlike S&W however, they will NOT pay shipping to them for any repairs.

No need to prove ownership wrt warranty. ALL Glocks are warranted forever, regardless of wording in their paperwork. You give them the S/N and they will take care of you.

Only gotcha wrt MA is that they REFUSE (company policy, not law) to replace a frame with any frame made post magic-date in 1998 for fear of having the AG crawl up their rear end.

It's gotta go overnight from you if you want them to send it back directly to your house or if you go thru FFL (cheaper freight) they will have to send it back via the FFL and do another nics check when you receive it.

FWIW normally a NICS check is not required for a typical repair via an FFL. The only time I see an FFL do this is if the frame gets replaced.

-Mike

Thanks gentlemen. I called Glock and they said to send it in. They will throw in a night sight install if I send them the desired sight and will replace everything that's needed free. BTW, I am the original owner, so it's kind of expected. If I use Fedex overnight it'll cost me around $60 though. I am still not sure if I save anything vs using a gunsmith at FS. On FS site, they say their smith will replace sights for $20 and will do inspection (?) for $75.
Also, I have an ancient pre-ban mag-should I send it in for rebuild? Will they ship it back to me or replace it with 10-rd mag? Call me paranoid.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks gentlemen. I called Glock and they said to send it in. They will throw in a night sight install if I send them the desired sight and will replace everything that's needed free. BTW, I am the original owner, so it's kind of expected. If I use Fedex overnight it'll cost me around $60 though. I am still not sure if I save anything vs using a gunsmith at FS. On FS site, they say their smith will replace sights for $20 and will do inspection (?) for $75.
Also, I have an ancient pre-ban mag-should I send it in for rebuild? Will they ship it back to me or replace it with 10-rd mag? Call me paranoid.
Thanks again.

Glock will rebuild your pre-ban mag with a brand new spring, follower, and base plate.

They will also replace every part that is worn (which was about 16 of them when I sent mine in last month).

Then they will ship it back to you for free. Glock really takes care of its customers.

Has anyone had experience with Glock customer service? I wonder if you need to send them warranty card, etc. and what do they do for free. My G34 locks back prematurely. Plus, I wanted to switch the extended mag release for regular release-the extended digs my left hand. Will I have to pay for this?
TIA

Whoa, slow down hessy. If your G34 locks back prematurely, that is not a gun problem, that's a magazine problem. Also, switching the mag release takes about 3 minutes to do, and that includes taking time to get a cup of coffee. You can buy the part yourself for about $6. You might want to give that some thought before you shell out $50 to ship your gun to Glock. Whereabout are you located anyway? There's got to be someone very close to you who can show you how to do this very easily.

-Cuz.

IIRC Four Seasons has a page on their website that says Glock will refurb any Glock for 45 dollars, including refinishing the slide if you request it. 45 turns into 105 real fast when you add in shipping though.

IIRC Four Seasons has a page on their website that says Glock will refurb any Glock for 45 dollars, including refinishing the slide if you request it. 45 turns into 105 real fast when you add in shipping though.

I've never paid anywhere near that to send a Glock down. They will do everything except a refinish for nothing, basically. (And frankly, why refinish a glock- the whole point of the gun is to abuse em. ) [laugh]

What I do is pay an FFL send it down via priority mail, which is dirt. They pad on a little extra for their
time and BS, but it is well worth it because I don't have to deal with the "shipping and receiving a gun" funhouse crap... the dealer just does that all for me. Never cost me more than $35 a gun or something
like that.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom