Glock = Boom!

The chief believes bad ammunition caused this bizarre accident, but he's looking into it further.

Look at the other threads on any brand of firearm blowing up and they all seem to come down to this. Reloads that are double charged is the most common culprit, but I suppose even factory ammo (assuming that's what they were using) can be defective. It's possible that like a lot of departments they were using reloads to keep costs down.

Look at the other threads on any brand of firearm blowing up and they all seem to come down to this. Reloads that are double charged is the most common culprit, but I suppose even factory ammo (assuming that's what they were using) can be defective. It's possible that like a lot of departments they were using reloads to keep costs down.

+1. At least someone has common sense.

Every time I reload this situation is in the back of my mind. I could probably reload faster but I'm paranoid about QC and double charging in particular.

Looks like a good old casehead blowout. I wonder what kind of ammo they were using.

They said it was the first time it was used. My guess if it wasn't the ammo
it was a bad barrel or something like that.

-Mike

Every time I reload this situation is in the back of my mind. I could probably reload faster but I'm paranoid about QC and double charging in particular.

If you're really paranoid just use powder that will spill out of the case if you double it.

I don't get that worked up about .45 because I can see the powder in the case before the bullet goes on.

-Mike

jesus20facepalm.png

By saying it was the first time it was used might not mean the first round. It may have been the first time at the range. Maybe he had a squib. I have seen pictures of other handguns in similar or more destroyed condition.

But I like to have the pull the pin option should the situation escalate to the point that I would just like to bail and take out the group of bad guys. I know i won't give up the Glock for this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom