Glock 36

Serapis

Navy Veteran
Tried to search on here, but had little luck. I am looking for any NES'ers thoughts on the Glock 36. I am not a Glock fan, but like the idea of a compact, thin line .45 that is not a 1911. Thanks.

I have one and like it. But the Glock 30 is not that much bigger and carrys 4 extra rounds.

Great little gun. I loved mine. The only reason I sold it was I got the Kahr 9 and it would have just sat in the safe doing nothing.

I got a PM9 first as my main carry gun. My G36 was my second gun and I shoot better with it. I don't know if it's the size of added weight but I get tighter groups with the Glock. I've put about 400 rounds thru it (Speer Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger T, Federal Champion and American Eagle) without any issues. No FTF, FTE, stovepipe nothing. It's been great. 6+1 with another mag in a pocket is good for me. [thumbsup]

Tried to search on here, but had little luck. I am looking for any NES'ers thoughts on the Glock 36. I am not a Glock fan, but like the idea of a compact, thin line .45 that is not a 1911. Thanks.

I like mine, it's dimensions are similar to the G19/23/32 series, it is slightly thinner.

I got a PM9 first as my main carry gun. My G36 was my second gun and I shoot better with it. I don't know if it's the size of added weight but I get tighter groups with the Glock. I've put about 400 rounds thru it (Speer Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger T, Federal Champion and American Eagle) without any issues. No FTF, FTE, stovepipe nothing. It's been great. 6+1 with another mag in a pocket is good for me. [thumbsup]

I'd be willing to bet one of the reasons (other than the size) is the far better trigger reset on the Glock has something to do with it, they're at about opposite ends of the spectrum WRT reset.

One of the best ccws available. I'm a huge glock fan and must say its better than any kimber or para or smith 1991 compact out there. I was never a fan of the glock 30 because it's like a small brick in your hands but the 36 is a perfect fit for almost any hand and recoil is very manageable. I have 2 and 1 is my daily carry gun.

I'd be willing to bet one of the reasons (other than the size) is the far better trigger reset on the Glock has something to do with it, they're at about opposite ends of the spectrum WRT reset.

I hadn't thought of that. I like how smoothness of the trigger on the PM9 but didn't pay attention to the length. I have a Crossbreed clone holster coming so I'll be carrying the G36 more regularly.

Not to take away from the Glock but have you looked at Kahr? They are hard to find in Mass but they make a small .45 also.

I hadn't thought of that. I like how smoothness of the trigger on the PM9 but didn't pay attention to the length. I have a Crossbreed clone holster coming so I'll be carrying the G36 more regularly.

Not to take away from the Glock but have you looked at Kahr? They are hard to find in Mass but they make a small .45 also.

Yeah just for sh!ts & giggles, take both the PM9 & G36 out and dry fire each of them. Do not immediately release the triggers, instead keep the trigger depressed and cycle the slide just enough to reset the strikers (don't lock all the way back), then slowly start to release the trigger. Eventually you will hear/feel a click, that is the trigger resetting for the next shot, you should be able to notice the Glock's trigger reset is much shorter than the Kahr's. I've owned Kahrs in the past, they are a well made pistol for CCW, I just prefer the Glock...YMMV [cheers]

Shot my buddies. Really liked it which is surprising because I never liked a Glock pistol before. Next step is going to be trying to find one in this state to buy. I might be waiting awhile.

I have one and it's my summer carry. It was a little small in my hand so I bought a few Pearce +1 extension's to add to the mag's @ Zero Hour Arms. It made a big difference. Although, as soon as I can wear more than a tee shirt I'm back to my G30 or G21. For some reason FFL's can't transfer G36's in Mass but it's legal to own them. I got mine Face to Face last spring on the South Shore. Keep watching the classified's and one will pop up.

I had one , but I preferred my 19 over the 36 , the dimensions hgt and lgth were similar , though the 36 was a bit thinner , but in the end I preferred the 16 rds over the 7 rds . If the 36 mags had standard base plates like most of the other models , I may have chosen the 36 , because that would have shortened the hgt dramatically

Last edited:
I had a g30 and a g36 at the same time for a while. At the dealer that I bought it from, and not having the g30 in hand, it seemed so much smaller. then when I got it home I noticed that the size difference between the two was really slight. Yes, it is a little thinner, but the size savings on paper really did not seem to me to be that much in real life when put next to each other.
they shot about the same for me.

I sold/ traded the G36 and kept the 30..

Don't disregard the G30 or G30SF. The gun isn't that much bigger, it holds a few more rounds, and it likely has a better window of operation in terms of the ammo it can tolerate. (The recoiling mass of the G30's slide is a lot heavier. ) Then again I'm biased, I've been carrying the G30SF for awhile now.

-Mike

Don't disregard the G30 or G30SF. The gun isn't that much bigger, it holds a few more rounds, and it likely has a better window of operation in terms of the ammo it can tolerate. (The recoiling mass of the G30's slide is a lot heavier. ) Then again I'm biased, I've been carrying the G30SF for awhile now.

-Mike

just to tag off of this.. parts/ pieces and esp mags tend to be much more available for the 30 than the 36..

Now that I have a Glock 36 I need a holster for it. Other than a Don Hume? Would love a Milt Sparks for this one but don't want to wait so long. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I purchased a Glock-3 shortly after they were introduced and carried it for several years. I would also consider the Kahr 45ACP pistols for concealed carry. Currently I carry a Kahr PM-9 in a pocket holster.

After reading a lot of posts and people's pros and cons, I've decided to buy a G36. I like the thinner frame and the fact that it is 4 oz lighter. I will probably end up buying a Glock 30 in the future but I hope the 36 fits my needs. I will follow up with a range report when I get mine.

I'm a big Glock fan, have 6 now. Bought a 36 in January, honestly, it never comes out of the safe. I like it, but.... to carry I use a G27. And that's until my Smith Shield comes in. I wish I had a 30 instead and will get one eventually. I can say my 36 has a decent out of the box trigger pull, and is accurate as all get up. One thing I don't like is where the mag meets the front of the grip, it pinches my small finger during recoil. Don't know why...but I saw a review hickock45 did and he mentioned the same thing. If you haven't bought one yet, you might try and do a side x side comparison of the 36 and 30SF. And I only say that cause it looks like you never held either (I didn't read the whole thread) and are buying a not too cheap pistol on what others are telling you. Not flaming anyone BTW.[grin]

Greencobra, buy the Pearce plus zero extension. It eliminates that gap and has grooves for you pinky to go. A hair more makes a world of difference. The G27 is my next glock purchase and will get the gen 4. You must love yours.

nice great gun, I opted for the glock 30 because i liked the capacity in 45 and the fact that its OD green!!! I do tend to carry my glock 26, had a g27 for awhile gen 4's but decided to get rid of the 40's to shorten down on calibers i run. Take care and throw some lead!

You know I will, Al! You're not making it to Monadnock Saturday??

ETA: have you ever had this FTE problem I've been reading about with the 36?

No I don't think I can make it. I wish. I may sign up when I get home from work today though. And yeah I had a couple around the 30 round mark. I was using Remington UMC which I guess is underpowered. I haven't had a problem since I polished all the internal parts and trigger. If you want it done as well , I will gladly do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom