• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 30 trigger finger

Man. I rented a Glock 30SF yesterday out of curiosity. I haven't fired a Glock in a long long time (years), but I realized I am now totally spoiled by my 3 lbs, zero creep 1911 trigger. I put a hundred rounds through the G30, loved the gun, snappy little thing, very accurate and fun to shoot except... That trigger is brutal. Very hard to know where you are relative to the bar releasing the striker during slow fire (I imagine practice/dry fire would fix this). Major fatigue after 100 rounds. Definitely a pistol I would need to do a lot of dry firing on to get used to.

Yeah the 45 Glocks have heavy -ish triggers. A polish will lighten a little bit but it's usually the striker spring. I'd just get the trigger bar myself to lighten it. Can't compare a 1911 to any Glock man [laugh]

I wouldn't go with a lighter striker spring. I would swap out the trigger for a G-21 trigger and use a titanium safety plunger.

You rented it?

If the gun is dirty (as rentals often are, a lot of places run them till they stop working, LOL) and enough shit builds up in the wrong places, it can make the trigger far worse than it actually is.

-Mike

That's a short-barreled fighting gun. Not a target gun. I love all my Glocks. No trigger problems from any.

That's a short-barreled fighting gun. Not a target gun. I love all my Glocks. No trigger problems from any.

Doesn't make any difference they all use the same trigger system. If it's a rental it was probably just smegged up.

I also agree with what wacky_doug says... they'll never be a 1911 trigger, or something like a tuned up CZ Shadow, so if he's expecting that, he's wasting his time.

-Mike

Doesn't make any difference they all use the same trigger system. If it's a rental it was probably just smegged up.

I also agree with what wacky_doug says... they'll never be a 1911 trigger, or something like a tuned up CZ Shadow, so if he's expecting that, he's wasting his time.

-Mike
I agree. I've become accustomed to the Glock trigger. I'm venturing into the other side myself. I picked up a S&W 1911 SC e-series in two tone. I can already tell its a sweet shooter. Who knows I may be converted.

I agree. I've become accustomed to the Glock trigger. I'm venturing into the other side myself. I picked up a S&W 1911 SC e-series in two tone. I can already tell its a sweet shooter. Who knows I may be converted.

Same. Polished all trigger internals and I'm happy. I only have 9mm's though.

Thanks everyone. Mike, I didn't even think about the fact that it was probably a gummed up/dirty rental. Very good point.

Interesting philosophical conundrum. Fighting is when I want my gun to be best at hitting a target, not to mention when I want to be best at making it hit the target.

Interesting philosophical conundrum. Fighting is when I want my gun to be best at hitting a target, not to mention when I want to be best at making it hit the target.
Was your main complaint finger fatigue from the 100rd slow fire drill or not knowing quite when the trigger is at the release point? Practice for the latter. Finger push-ups for the former. There's no slow trigger pull in a SD situation. [wink]

It's been my experience that slow fire is not necessarily the best way to assess a trigger in a pistol that is primarily intended for not-so-slow fire. If, instead, you use it in a speed drill, timing yourself with a shot timer, that too-heavy, too-indistinct, trigger might feel just fine.

For a striker gun I like the glock trigger a lot. You really can't compare it to a good 1911 trigger- apples and oranges.

Back
Top Bottom