Glock 29 Replacement Barrels

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Does anybody have experience with replacement barrels for the Glock 29?

Here's the deal - I have several S&W 10mm's that are built like tanks, and I like to load the 10mm rounds for these pretty hot - and by "hot" I mean to .41 Magnum level.

I recently acquired a G29, from which I'd like to fire the same ammo. I don't like to "baby" modern guns. Judging by what I've read online, and by the disturbing case bulge that exists on the rounds that I've run through this pistol, I'm thinking that an aftermarket barrel is a good idea.

Before anybody tells me that Glock kB's are a myth, or that I don't need to worry about it, I'll invite you to fire a reload or two with one of the previously-grossly-distorted-by-Glock cases with 11 grains of Blue Dot behind a 180 gr FMJ. (Don't do it).

Can anybody recommend a good aftermarket barrel? Bar-Sto makes them, as does KKM Precision and EFK. Is one better than the other?

If you have real experience, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Kkm

I can't speak for the 10mm barrels, but I have the glock 29 .40sw conversion barrel and it fits perfect. I do plan on buying their 10mm barrel.
It is fully a supported chamber and very acurate.
You must be shooting some "hot" laods.
I shoot Double Tap ammo exclusively and have never seen and case bulging or deformity. I also know little to none about reloading... so I will take your word for it.
With that said... I like KKM, you won't be disapointed.

I've had several Bar-Sto barrels one for a BHP whose chamber looked like someone took a deburring tool to it.
All their barrels are 1 in 16 twist match grade chambers.
In fact the chambers are so tight that fired cases will slide in like unfired brass. Made from SS and all but the BHP barrel dropped right in

Here's a follow up:

I bought a KKM Precision "semi-drop-in" barrel for my G29. I don't know what the "semi" part means, because it just dropped right in. I suspect they advertise it as such in case it needed some fitting (it didn't). The construction and finish are better than excellent, and the barrel arrived quickly.

The accuracy seemed to be better than with the stock barrel. It was 100% reliable with a variety of ammo (except for one squib load that was entirely my fault).

This barrel features full chamber support and there was no bulged cases like with the stock barrel. In other words, it was exactly what I was looking for.

If anyone is looking to upgrade the barrel in a Glock, I can highly recommend KKM Precision. Thanks BostonIrish, it was a good call.

Congrats!

I had my .40 conversion barrel out at the range today, I have added the KKM 10mm barrel to the xmas list.
Enjoy!

Semi-dropin means that the barrel does not absolutely require fitting (it might drop in, it is meant to if both the gun and barrel are in spec), but that doesn't mean it won't. If you take a 1911 barrel from say Kart, it will definitely require fitting (not semi-dropin).

Back
Top Bottom