Glock 27 vs. Beretta PX4 Storm .40cal Sub Comp: Which would you choose

StoneBear

NES Member
I'm looking for opinions from those with experience with one or both of those firearms. I have read plenty of reviews, but I thought Id throw it out there to you guys. What do you think?

Last edited:
I cannot speak to the Beretta, but the Glock 27 is an outstanding sub compact. Reliable and reasonably accurate for what it is. As far as I am concerned the Glock 26/27/33 is the very best pistol of it's type out there.

Have no direct experience with either models but have owned both Glock and Beretta which are probably 2 of the most reliable brands out there.

If you intend to carry this a lot - size and weight would be paramount to me. The Glock (19.75 oz) is thinner and much lighter than the Storm (27.7 oz)

I carry a Kahr - CW9 (15.8 oz) which is even thinner and much lighter than the Glock.

Last edited:
Don't own either of them, never even held either of them. I'd pick the Beretta. Why? It's not a Glock[smile]

The G27 is MUCH smaller and easier to CC than the PX4 - my cousin just picked up a PX4 and there is no way I could comfortably carry it IWB like I do my G27.

As far a simplicity, the G27 also wins hands down. I do however have to praise the ergonomics of the PX4. He has yet to have a problem with it (only had it for a month or so), and Ive never had any issues with my G27 in about 2 years of owning it, so I cant really speak to the reliability - but Beretta does make a quality product.

If I get the chance, Ill try to snag some pics tonight for you.

Also no experience with that Beretta, but a lot of time behind a G27. It was reliable in both 40 S&W and 357 Sig, easy to carry, accurate enough (accuracy was degraded by my difficulties shooting something that small, not the pistol's inherent accuracy), and held up well. I couldn't stand shooting it without the extended baseplate on the mags, and I liked it better after I put a Hogue Handall on it. I do have pretty big hands, though.

The reason I sold mine was to get a G30.

I held a beretta storm once..I did not like it.

I have shot a g27 (own a 26/33) and love it.
I also have a g30 that I like a lot. (had g36, sold it and kept the 30).
not sure if that helps much.

Don't own either of them, never even held either of them. I'd pick the Beretta. Why? It's not a Glock[smile]

+1

howaglockworks.gif

b52glock.jpg

Wow Derek.. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think about Glocks..
lol
As a possible alternative.. The HK P2000Sk is a sweet gun in .40.

G27 is very snappy, too light for the cartridge. I sold mine. I carry a Kahr now, way thinner than either of the guns you are looking at.

Make sure you REALLY want a .40.

I cannot speak to the Beretta, but the Glock 27 is an outstanding sub compact. Reliable and reasonably accurate for what it is. As far as I am concerned the Glock 26/27/33 is the very best pistol of it's type out there.

+1. I carry the G27 everyday and shoot it in IDPA. Very comfortable and easy to use, and everyting Goose said. [smile]

oh, and pay no attention to Derek. He's just that way.... [rolleyes]

Had a G27 and really liked it. Got rid of it for an XD Subcompact that I like even more. 10 rounds in the "normal" mag, 12 in the extended grip mag. Check it out. (unless they are not MA approved?)

Gary

I'd go with the Glock all day long, in spite of what Derek says...

-Cuz.

I carry a Glock 23 every day and have put more than 1000 rds. through it. I love my Glock but a good friend of mine swears by Beretta . Both are top quality so you can't go wrong, If possible buy both thus resolving the conflict diplomatically.

I love my glocks, they are fantastic. That being said, Ive always been interested in a beretta, so I dunno. I would probably lean towards glock.

Then I would write a chart toppin' rap song with the word glock in it. Lots of glocks, even.

After my recent purchase of a Sig 229, I'm gonna have a hard time going back to plastic guns.

Don't get me wrong, I've defended plastic guns before and there's nothing wrong with them IMO, but after using a built-like-a-brick-shithouse Sig, I won't be buying tupperware for a while.

I do own an M&40 and there's nothing wrong with it at all. It's light, accurate, affordable etc.

Compared to my Sig though, it's not in the same league. I've never owned a Glock, but i have handled them and shot them and I think the same thing.

16 years having to carry a Beretta with the Military. I will never own one. 2 years carrying a Glock with US Customs. Is it as accurate as some. No but its accurate enough. People hate Glocks because soo many people and agencies rave about them. Would I choose one for precision shooting? No F'n way. Would I choose one for protection. Yes...Again and again and again.

Back
Top Bottom