• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 26 VS Glock 27

I have a g26 but was thinking about trading it in for a g27. I would like to keep all my glocks .40cal. Is there a big price difference between the two? If so, which is more expensive, and what are they going for these days? Also, is it true that the g26 was a limited manufactured item? Thanks for all your help!

g26 limited manufacture, no.

There is no price difference in any other state, but if you are in mass, you are at the mercy of what you can find. Free state price of a new glock 26 or 27 is ~$550. There is a brand new looking g27 in the classifieds right now for $700.

I guess what I'm getting at is would I have to shell out extra cash for a trade in or a selling of mine and buying the g27. I guess I got a good deal on mine, $500 (in MA) in perfect condition.

The argument will continue regarding the .40 vs the 9. Less capacity for the 40 but more power. Good trade? I say yes, and I believe the extra expense will be worth it. I don't think you will get the same trading the 9 in as you would a 40, perhaps $50 less?

I guess what I'm getting at is would I have to shell out extra cash for a trade in or a selling of mine and buying the g27. I guess I got a good deal on mine, $500 (in MA) in perfect condition.

Trading a G26 and G27 of similar age should be a straight up trade.

The 9mm Glocks seem to get snapped up a lot faster than the other calibers here in Mass., probably just because you can shoot it a lot cheaper, so I don't think you'd have an issue with it. Post a "Want To Trade" ad in the classifieds, see if you can get any trades.

The G26 almost always gets consistently more money in MA than the G27 does. The reason for this is just the higher rollover rate of .40 S+W handguns, and the high retention rate of 9mm Glocks.

Now, if you're not into pushing the limits of MA market value, it should be an even trade. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
Essentially like said above they are the exact same gun just different calibers. The G26's do tend to cost more. I did the reverse swap a G27 for a G26 because i found a nice 3rd Gen G19 and wanted to keep all the same caliber.

Late 2nd and 3rd gen G27's have the reinforcement to shoot .357 Sig.

The only other difference is the pinky extensions. The G27 you can run the +1's and the G26 has to run the +0's both allowing 10 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom