Glock 26 or Glock 43 - HELP!

rwfishman

NES Member
OK I have a Glock 19 as my EDC. I also have a 26 and 43. I can only keep one of the latter two and can't decide.

I shoot both equally well. The 26 has a higher capacity and can take the 19 mags. The 43 is more concealable (but I also have a Bodyguard 380 for pocket carry if holster carry is not the best option). Of course I've been told to keep both, but that's not an option. Since I haven't been able to make up my mind for months now I'm turning to this forum for help.

Any information, thought, or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

IMO having a couple guns taking the same mags is better than several with different mags. Though in MA you'll have a difficult time finding a G43 for a decent price if you want to get one back

If you like the bodyguard over the 43 then sell the 43. The 26 is to big to pocket while the other two are closer in size. Selling the bodyguard keeps all you guys s in the same family as far as aim, trigger feel and disassembly to clean.
Also if you lose the bodyguard you'll only have 9mm to collect and store.

I have a 19 also but do not own any of the others. I have shot the 26 and held the 43. I'd sell the BG.

I tried the G43 and it was just too small for my hand. The G26 fit much better.

YMMV.

I've owned a 26 and have rented a 43. I sold my 26 in the hopes of eventually buying a 43. The 26 was too big. I bought a Shield 9mm for $299 rather than whatever the street price of a 43 is. I'd keep the 43 if I were you.

Disclosure: I have a 26 and my wife has a 43. Don't have a 19. The 26 is my EDC. She alternates between the 43 and her Bodyguard.

I LOVE the 26. I think it is the best combination of capacity, concealeability, and reliability on the market.

That said, I really wish she would give up the 43 so I could carry it. It beats the 26 hands down in terms of concealeability, doesn't give up much in terms of capacity, and gives up nothing in terms of reliablity. It is an amazing gun in terms of all the above. And it is a great fondling gun. The trigger is really stiff compared to my 26 but I attribute that to rounds through it so far.

Bottom line, definitely keep the 19. If I had a 19 and had to give up either the 26 or the 43, I would give up the 26. [crying][crying][crying]

Can't believe you made me say that.

Ditch the 26 and get a few Taran Tactical +2 Mag extensions for the 43. That's what I did. And I have 2 G19's. The 26 isn't much more concealable than the 19 to justify. Just my two cents. Fwiw.

Last edited:
It sounds like you don't really need either of them. Id sell both, especially since you will probably make more than what you paid for them.

Take the money upgrade the 19 or buy something else.

I have a G43 and I love it. It fits my hand perfectly (I use mag pinky extensions) and it is supremely concealable and pocketable. It slides right in my jean back pockets.
If you are EDC'ing a G19 why not go for the smallest backup.

The G26 feels like holding a potato to me but I also have little girly hands [laugh]

My EDC is also a G19 (or sometimes a P320)

Another vote for keeping the 43. My usual EDC is a Sig P220 Compact SAS, which despite being .45 ACP I think conceals as good as a 26 and better than a 19. Heavy, but compact. The 43 is my summer carry.

The 26 is just too damn close to the 19, and doesn't compare to the 43 in terms of ability to conceal. Mrs. Mountain always knows when I'm carrying the Sig, but never guesses I have the 43 when in a pocket holster. I think the 26 may be shorter than the Sig, but it is 'chunkier'. Sure, my pinkie hangs over when using the flush mag in the 43- but I can still shoot it well. I put a Talon grip on it and am pretty happy with that.

My wife likes the 26 and will probably get one someday, but would carry it in a parka, purse, or appendix carry holster.

I have the 19 and a 43. I had the 26 but didn't really like it due to the small grip in my hands. I find that the Hyve plus two extension for the 43 it really works for me. So I would keep the 19 as it is arguably the best handgun on the market! then I would also keep the 43. SO long story short sell both the 26 and the BG and buy a 590A1 for when you want to make a point.

Ditch the 26 and get a few Taran Tactical +2 Mag extensions for the 43. That's what I did. And I have 2 G19's. The 26 isn't much more concealable than the 19 to justify. Just my two cents. Fwiw.

Great advice here. I carry my 43 with a TTI +1 then a spare with +3

I have the 42, 27 and 19 - if I had to dump one it would be the 27. Not because it's fortay but the 42 is just stupid easy to conceal and the 19 it a great size pistol with prebands.

The 26 is my fave gun. Yes, I used to pocket carry it before I got a PM9.

I have never shot a 43 but I think that the 26 is very concealable and would be the same as or better than the 43(greater capacity, range gun as well as ccw, etc)

My .02

Having all 3 glocks and the BG380, I carry my 26 the most. I find the 43 still a little big for most pockets and end up carrying it AIWB though don't much because I shoot it low. It is the gun I want to love but so far don't, thinking of doing something with the trigger to see if that helps. If I had to sell one it would be the 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have all 3. The 26 is useless ( I love the gun but its true). There is nowhere I can carry the 26 that I cant carry the 19. However the 43 slips in the front pocket when I am "not" carrying.

i agree with mike, the 26 is pretty useless when you own a 19.

i would sell both 26 and 43 , because the bg380 is the gun you bought when not wanting to carry a regular sized gun.

so if it were me i would sell both the 26 and 43 , and get something else that you really want

I agree with everyone on the 19 not being really any harder to carry. Though for those that do, do you carry with prebans? I don't have any I deem carry worthy so that is why the 26 gets the holster time. Maybe I need to invest in some better ones.

I agree with everyone on the 19 not being really any harder to carry. Though for those that do, do you carry with prebans? I don't have any I deem carry worthy so that is why the 26 gets the holster time. Maybe I need to invest in some better ones.

invest in quality prebans....rebuild the spring/follower if need be and enjoy piece of mind of 15 :)

I can't really carry the 19, at least in the summer, it prints a too much on me. The 26 is a little fat, but a much nicer shooter than the 43.

I put a clip on my 43 and I appendix carry it in gym shorts all summer w/o any issues. When the weather turns its 19 time...the 26 has so many benefits but, as others have said, the convealability of the 26 is not much better than the 19...add in pre-bans and you have a winner. 43 in heat and 19 in cold. Sell the 26 and buy pre bans and ammo. My 0.02

Back
Top Bottom