Globe Column on One Gun a Month

I left a comment about her misrepresentation of the Tiahrt Amendment and also sent her an email pointing out her mistake.

Of course, she won't respond. I've sent other gun-related corrections and clarifications to Globe writers before and they never respond.

They've been going downhill for years but it's been accelerating since they got rid of their Ombudsman.

My letter to the Glob
I am astonished that Yvonne Abraham advocates denying a US citizen their constitutional rights because they are "suspected" of being a bad guy. Talk about the ultimate liberal hypocrisy. If the issue weren`t guns she, and all her liberal friends, would be screaming about citizens rights. Should we revoke their drivers license and prohibit them from owning an automobile since car bombs seem to be the weapon of choice for terrorists?

This bill, along with the one gun a month bill currently at the State House, are pure liberal, anti-gun bias. Should we limit drivers from purchasing one automobile a month because our Commonwealth`s roads are a killing ground because of careless, inattentive, sometimes drunk drivers? Does she really think that lawful gun owners purchase legal firearms and sell them to gangbangers and drug dealers? She mentions that tracing some guns used in crimes revelaed they were stolen from legal gun owners. Really? Is this shocking news? That`s what criminals usually do, steal things. Some people should do their homework and think before they write a newspaper column.

Robert W.Lee

It is amazing when you see the majority of comments that appear on EVERY story about H.4102 as being against the bill, no matter the website, Globe, WBZ, etc.. All of them have had about 98% against the bill and yet our legislators ignore us.

They'll be hearing us loud and clear this November.

It is amazing when you see the majority of comments that appear on EVERY story about H.4102 as being against the bill, no matter the website, Globe, WBZ, etc.. All of them have had about 98% against the bill and yet our legislators ignore us.

...by which time the damage will have been done.

I think Derek mentioned something about rope?

Not really . . .

A lot of "key players" run unopposed and have nothing to fear from anyone. [thinking] [rolleyes]

If someone with more time than me can do some digging, I bet we can find an editorial from her screaming about how the Bush administration was stripping constitutional rights from "suspected terrorists".

Whoever "TheScareAlsoCrows" is, I like your style.

Has anyone mentioned to these moonbats that everytime we purchase a gun in Mass it requires a call to the FBI and reported on line to the state of Massachusetts. If anyone were buying a unusual amount of guns it should be noticed by either of them.

Has anyone mentioned to these moonbats that everytime we purchase a gun in Mass it requires a call to the FBI and reported on line to the state of Massachusetts. If anyone were buying a unusual amount of guns it should be noticed by either of them.

This came in the mail for you:

To: Knob Creek
Subject: Logic and common sense

I_Cant_Hear_You_Monkey.jpg

Regards,
Moonbats

A lot of information is left out of these articles / editorials. One might be led to believe we have very lax (or non-existent) laws in this state if you only read their drivel. Not to mention all the federal regulations.

WOW! I`m shocked by the comments to Abraham`s article. I only read 2 or 3 that were from anti-gun moonbats. I`m surprised at Abraham`s attitude towards guns considering she and her family immigrated from Russia when she was a child. I guess she`s rather be Back in the USSR.

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives traced 1,000 of the illegal guns recovered from criminals and crime scenes in Massachusetts last year and found that more than a third were originally bought — legally — right here.

How did they get into the bad guys’ hands? Some were stolen. And some were acquired through straw purchases: That’s where legitimate buyers purchase multiple weapons, then sell them illegally on the street.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if they're able to trace the guns back to MA and know that some are making it to the streets via straw purchase, then why aren't these people getting arrested? Oh wait, I get it. The "some" referred to as being acquired through straw purchases could probably be counted on one hand. Notice that no one ever refers to a specific number out of that "1,000" that were purchased this way. If they did everyone would see how full of BS they are. I would put my money on over 90% (at least) of that third being stolen.

I can't wait to get rid of all the deadweight (sp?)this November. What has happened to this state and the entire country is an absolute disgusting disgrace! I don't know about you, but I was taught that when someone has done something that is considered to be illegal, he /she has no rights other than to be punished for their illegal activities / actions. In this state, and now in the entire country, these criminals are rewarded for their activities, such as free housing, health insurance, food, clothing, and so on....
And according to the idiots that have been given the power to speak for others in the newspaper, nobody needs to have more than 12 guns in their possession. My response is, "You bet your ass we do, so that when the criminals steal one or more of our guns a month, we will still have an extra one, two, or hundred to be able to protect ourselves and our familiies from this "New American" that these moronic liberals care so much about!"

I wrote a letter. Here'e her response with my letter below:

Thanks for your note. I'm sorry we disagree. best, yvonne

Yvonne Abraham
The Boston Globe

P.O. Box 55819
Boston, MA 02205-5819

=========================================================

Mrs. Abraham,

Perhaps you should try applying your second amendment logic to the first amendment. You claim it’s ok to limit the number of firearms I may buy. How about I propose a law restricting how many and what words you are allowed to use? Would that be OK? I can’t understand how people like you will fight tooth and nail to preserve your right to speak freely about any topic ad nauseum, but won’t let me protect my family from criminals or my government with whatever tools I deem necessary. It says “..shall not be infringed.”, not “it’s ok to infringe as much as you deem necessary.” You’re column is so ill informed about the reason our founding fathers included that amendment, I am ashamed you are allowed to write articles. At least do us all a favor, reread the Declaration of Independence and pay special attention to the parts about people protecting their rights from overreaching government.

Sincerely,

Kevin ~

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote a letter. Here'e her response with my letter below:

Thanks for your note. I'm sorry we disagree. best, yvonne

Yvonne Abraham
The Boston Globe

P.O. Box 55819
Boston, MA 02205-5819

=========================================================

Mrs. Abraham,

Perhaps you should try applying your second amendment logic to the first amendment. You claim it’s ok to limit the number of firearms I may buy. How about I propose a law restricting how many and what words you are allowed to use? Would that be OK? I can’t understand how people like you will fight tooth and nail to preserve your right to speak freely about any topic ad nauseum, but won’t let me protect my family from criminals or my government with whatever tools I deem necessary. It says “..shall not be infringed.”, not “it’s ok to infringe as much as you deem necessary.” You’re column is so ill informed about the reason our founding fathers included that amendment, I am ashamed you are allowed to write articles. At least do us all a favor, reread the Declaration of Independence and pay special attention to the parts about people protecting their rights from overreaching government.

Sincerely,

Kevin ~

She disagree`s? She doesn`t even know what the hell she`s talking about. It still amazes me how educated liberals are so stupid.

I sent her this earlier today:

In your column you stated:

“For years, it has been almost impossible to trace patterns of gun sales, and resales, because of federal rules his NRA helped put in place: Those rules prohibit the ATF from releasing information about how a gun made its way from factory to crime scene, shielding manufacturers from lawsuits.”

This is unequivocally, 100% false. The Tiahrt Amendment only prohibits the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) from releasing information from its firearms trace database to anyone other than a law enforcement agency or prosecutor in connection with a criminal investigation.

Guns used in any crime can be traced back to the original purchaser.

She hasn't responded.

I'm shocked.

Well thats because the purpose isnt to debate using facts and logic. It's simply to convince people that this is a good idea, the same people who have never seen guns outside movies, and have only been taught that they are bad, and that zero tolerance policies on weapons will save us all.

They’ve fought every attempt to put restrictions on guns here and nationally, pouring gazillions into a Congress which has done their bidding for years

I don't think so, Yvonne. If you added up GOAL's political contributions over the years, it wouldn't be more than three or four cajillion. And that's not even adjusting for inflation.

It's like this article was written by a third grader.

"The same is true in Massachusetts. Some gun enthusiasts feel they need to buy more than 12 guns a year. Some parents in our besieged cities know they need fewer guns on the street. We live in a world where we have to find a reasonable balance between those needs.

This bill is it."

Yvonne Abraham is a Globe columnist.

This bill is nothing more than a repeat of the chronic illogical BS from another lying, unprincipled, hypocrite moonbat.

Ms Abraham, how about we the people legislate a cap on your pay to $50 a month(permanently), ten gallons of gasoline a month, three phone calls per week, four cups of coffee per week, NO wine or booze, one pair of shoes per year, one coat, ect.ect. Whats the difference?.......its more than most of the worlds populations get....surely you are no better than them.

Ms Abraham, you are part of the reason that the Boston Globe Democrat is failing.

You are a columnist, not a journalist......there's a difference and you will never be a journalist becuse you are too lazy to seek out and acknowledge the actual facts of gun control, too unprincipled to demand enforcement of existing laws and apply equal justice under those laws(something that every citizen is entitled to under the law).

You are too intellectually dishonest to admit that you and the Mass legislature have an ulterior motive of ultimately removing ALL guns from the public's hands, one law at a time, and lies come too easy to your lips/pen.

Journalists seek out and report facts, columnists write for their own entertainment and that of their mindless followers, hoping to hook some of the more ignorant, misinformed emotional readers into their belief system.

Truthfully, you don't deserve to live in my country and if I had the absolute power to evict you, you'd be gone as soon as I could get you to Logan Airport in handcuffs and shackles and on a plane to the Middle East or the Sudan where you could see and live the oppression you'd like to ultimately invoke here.....as long as you're exempted or course.

Speaking of the Middle East, people in the Middle East are more free than we are in the US when it comes to guns, they can keep a fullauto AK-47 (1 per household) and there's no $200 federal transfer tax paid, no fingerprint cards, no federal registration form 4 to be signed in duplicate by the local chief of police, no pictures, no state license, no FBI background check for every purchase, no federal form 4473, no MA FA-10 transfer registration form, no restrictions on ammunition, no restrictions on cosmetic attributes of their guns, no banned (by name) or by apperance guns, ect. They buy whatever they want whenever they want.

ALL their problems come from myopic oppressive people like you who run their governments, not the people themselves.

My buying one or one dozen guns a month isn't going to effect the behavior of some criminal gangbanger in urban Boston, Brockton, Springfield, Holyoke, Lowell, Lawrence, Worcester or Fall River.

You're too lazy to actually research and address the real problems of their urban violence. It has been the same old saw all my life and tired retreads like you writing about it over and over again for decades have done absolutely nothing to ever effect meaningful change.....because you never approach the real problems. All the gun laws passed in the last 50 years have done NOTHING to stop crime and have gotten more than one law abiding citizen killed in their own home or car for lack of being able to defend themselves because of some stupid Massachusetts gun law.

Gangs, drug addiction, single parent(mother only) broken homes, lack of family structure, joblessness, cultural behaviors, ignorance, welfare safety nets (handouts instead of a hand UP) that keep people in poverty(which is exactly what democrats want so they can continue to hand out other people's money and take credit for it).

Try addressing the real problems in your next column, you might recover some credibility.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if they're able to trace the guns back to MA and know that some are making it to the streets via straw purchase, then why aren't these people getting arrested? Oh wait, I get it. The "some" referred to as being acquired through straw purchases could probably be counted on one hand. Notice that no one ever refers to a specific number out of that "1,000" that were purchased this way. If they did everyone would see how full of BS they are. I would put my money on over 90% (at least) of that third being stolen.

They probably can't even cite one case that resulted in a conviction. Unless you count people caught in their own homes with "arsenals".

Back
Top Bottom