Girlfriend Dies (by gun) in 'Hug of Death' When Teen Makes Fatal Mistake

I purchased a Sig 1911 a few weeks back. On the way home from making said purchase, the wife and I had stopped for an unplanned lunch. I wasn't going to leave my new purchase unattended in my car (even if it was locked) so I shoved it down my waist band (unloaded) just to keep it on me. Seeing how I didn't have a holster yet. The entire meal I was fidgety, thinking to myself "how the hell do gangster do this". Not worth it!

Sounds like you forgot to fasten your belt below your butt.

There is a such thing as an accidental discharge. That's when something in the firearm fails to keep the firing pin from dropping and discharging a round.

I'm not sure if that is accidental or simple equipment failure. Accidental infers that you were handling the firearm and it went off somehow. What you describe could happen when a gun is lying on a table or in a gun safe.

Every 'accidental discharge' I have ever read about occurred while someone was handling a loaded gun and had their finger on the trigger but fired when they shouldn't have, or shot themselves or someone else that they should not have shot.

I Mex carry my Glock with a mic holster. Love that little guy. Draw takes some getting used to.

Eta: not technically full Mex, but its as bare back as I'm willing to go.

AZ is constitutional carry state. No license needed to carry concealed or open.
Now, if only the rest would follow suit, we' would be doing a bit better for ourselves.

Sigh.

People need to read federal gun laws more. Hell even the ATF website does a pretty good job putting things in laymens terms.

It is NOT illegal to possess a handgun at age 18 (federally). It is illegal for an FFL to TRANSFER a handgun or handgun ammo to a person between the ages of 18 and 21. I could take my 1911 and sell it to any 18 year old in NH and it would be perfectly legal according to the Feds. NH law is separate and stipulates that I know the person or only sell the handgun if they have a CCL which has no age restriction.

Just because Mass forbids possession of a handgun until age 21 does not mean that is the case federally or in other states.

Unless he was listed as a federal PP he didn't break any laws. The only law he could have possibly broken (again assuming not a PP) is the law against homicide, and that will be determined by the DA.

QFT. Reps to you.

Just a slight clarification regarding carry in AZ. If you're under 21 you cannot legally carry concealed, only openly. The Constitutional Carry law only applies to 21+ and the same goes for the concealed weapons permit.

And to you for the clarification. Can we get ONE friggin place in this country that is fully constitutional? You know, to see how well it would work out?

Last edited:
Why is 18 your lower limit to qualify for "true" Constitutional carry? Why not 15 or no age requirement?

Where did I specify 18 as my lower limit?

Don't mix up the second part of my first post which deals with federal law and NH law on possession. Current law is different from what is considered ideal, which is to say no law/restriction.

I love my penis too much to mex carry.

But in all seriousness, less muzzle sweep with a traditional 4-5 draw. I feel like drawing from 12 requires a 90 degree twist and smooth sweep forward. Not my cup of pee.

I love my penis too much to mex carry.

But in all seriousness, less muzzle sweep with a traditional 4-5 draw. I feel like drawing from 12 requires a 90 degree twist and smooth sweep forward. Not my cup of pee.

All true, but appendix carry has advantages in concealment and control (I prefer it in very large crowds), and drawing in a vehicle or on ground. Its situational how I carry for most part. I try not to exclude any particular ideas.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

All true, but appendix carry has advantages in concealment and control (I prefer it in very large crowds), and drawing in a vehicle or on ground. Its situational how I carry for most part. I try not to exclude any particular ideas.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. I use my appendix (Thunderwear) rig whenever I need to have deep concealment, and/or as you mentioned, in a large crowd. My carry choices are always situational based on where I'm going, what type of attire I will be wearing, etc., and appendix carry is the only way to go for some of those situations.

Where did I specify 18 as my lower limit?

Don't mix up the second part of my first post which deals with federal law and NH law on possession. Current law is different from what is considered ideal, which is to say no law/restriction.
No rules about minors? No age limitations? No place limitations?

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the girl saying that the gun made her "uncomfortable" just before she was shot. Maybe he felt she was a flaming moonbat and decided to have an AD.[wink]

If you should not be touching a firearm, you should not be allowed out of your cage. It is a parents responsibility to police their children and no one else. If you do not police your own child, then you should not have a child.

...then again, I wouldn't mind a class in "how to be a parent without being a complete pussy". I can think of a few people I would suggest it to, though I would not make it mandatory, no matter how much I feel it would benefit society.

The US got along just fine for a century and a half with no restrictions on guns at all.

Furthermore, there were zero age restrictions on possession (not so sure about carry) until 1968. NFA only affected SBR's, Suppressors, and fully automatics. Anyone could buy a 1911 before 1968.

So to add to my first statement, the US got along just fine with no age restrictions on semi-auto handguns and rifles for almost 2 centuries.

The US got along just fine for a century and a half with no restrictions on guns at all.

Furthermore, there were zero age restrictions on possession (not so sure about carry) until 1968. NFA only affected SBR's, Suppressors, and fully automatics. Anyone could buy a 1911 before 1968.

So to add to my first statement, the US got along just fine with no age restrictions on semi-auto handguns and rifles for almost 2 centuries.

You and your silly facts.

So what happened in 1968 to cause Congress to make such a radical change?

JFK, RFK, MLK assassinations.

Search on Lyndon Johnson and Great Society reforms.

I've heard it claimed that this sea change about gun control was mostly about Malcom X and restricting access for people of color. If that's so, the irony of places like Detroit is even worse. In an effort to disarm the disenfranchised, we disarmed everyone else, leaving only those outside the law bearing arms.

Whenever I've read about this, it seems the author's political bias determines the answer more than any basis in historical fact. I'm left wondering what the truth really is.

Last edited:
A 24-year-old Phoenix woman is dead after a fatal hug with her 18-year-old boyfriend. The victim, identified as Amanda Mosley, was shot by a gun that accidentally discharged after being tucked down the front of the teenager’s pants.

Mosley reportedly complained the gun was “making her uncomfortable,” and as the young man removed it from the waistband of his pants, the firearm misfired and shot her. She was rushed to the hospital where she died from her injuries.

Girlfriend Dies in 'Hug of Death' When Teen Makes Fatal Mistake | CafeMom

---
Is that a gun in your pants or are you happy to see me?
The gun then went off again killing her pet cat that pissed on the rug a lot.

Back
Top Bottom