• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Girlfriend Dies (by gun) in 'Hug of Death' When Teen Makes Fatal Mistake

Reptile

NES Member
A 24-year-old Phoenix woman is dead after a fatal hug with her 18-year-old boyfriend. The victim, identified as Amanda Mosley, was shot by a gun that accidentally discharged after being tucked down the front of the teenager’s pants.

Mosley reportedly complained the gun was “making her uncomfortable,” and as the young man removed it from the waistband of his pants, the firearm misfired and shot her. She was rushed to the hospital where she died from her injuries.

Girlfriend Dies in 'Hug of Death' When Teen Makes Fatal Mistake | CafeMom

---
Is that a gun in your pants or are you happy to see me?

He's an adult that's not in jail or dead, so I'm fine with it.

although I completely agree, I wish the list of possible charges would be mentioned especially when someone under 21 possesses a handgun. Just a rough count of laws already broken would be nice

Missing the fact that its a teenager carrying a handgun concealed?

He's an adult that's not in jail or dead, so I'm fine with it.

AZ is constitutional carry state. No license needed to carry concealed or open.

although I completely agree, I wish the list of possible charges would be mentioned especially when someone under 21 possesses a handgun. Just a rough count of laws already broken would be nice

Sigh.

People need to read federal gun laws more. Hell even the ATF website does a pretty good job putting things in laymens terms.

It is NOT illegal to possess a handgun at age 18 (federally). It is illegal for an FFL to TRANSFER a handgun or handgun ammo to a person between the ages of 18 and 21. I could take my 1911 and sell it to any 18 year old in NH and it would be perfectly legal according to the Feds. NH law is separate and stipulates that I know the person or only sell the handgun if they have a CCL which has no age restriction.

Just because Mass forbids possession of a handgun until age 21 does not mean that is the case federally or in other states.

Unless he was listed as a federal PP he didn't break any laws. The only law he could have possibly broken (again assuming not a PP) is the law against homicide, and that will be determined by the DA.

Last edited:

Sigh.

People need to read federal gun laws more. Hell even the ATF website does a pretty good job putting things in laymens terms.

It is NOT illegal to possess a handgun at age 18 (federally). It is illegal for an FFL to TRANSFER a handgun or handgun ammo to a person between the ages of 18 and 21. I could take my 1911 and sell it to anyone in NH and it would be perfectly legal according to the Feds. NH law is separate and stipulates that I know the person or only sell the handgun if they have a CCL which has no age restriction.

Just because Mass forbids possession of a handgun until age 21 does not mean that is the case federally or in other states.

Unless he was listed as a federal PP he didn't break any laws. The only law he could have possibly broken (again assuming not a PP) is the law against homicide, and that will be determined by the DA.
You may make mod yet. +1 [smile]

A 24-year-old Phoenix woman is dead after a fatal hug with her 18-year-old boyfriend. The victim, identified as Amanda Mosley, was shot by a gun that accidentally discharged after being tucked down the front of the teenager’s pants.

That explains the term ~ cocked and loaded ~

Tim [shocked]

Sigh.

It is NOT illegal to possess a handgun at age 18 (federally). It is illegal for an FFL to TRANSFER a handgun or handgun ammo to a person between the ages of 18 and 21. I could take my 1911 and sell it to any 18 year old in NH and it would be perfectly legal according to the Feds. NH law is separate and stipulates that I know the person or only sell the handgun if they have a CCL which has no age restriction.

my mistake. I thought it was federally age 21 requirements for owning (possessing) a handgun. And no, I'm from PA originally so I don't think the Earth revolves around Mass. Good info. Thanks!

my mistake. I thought it was federally age 21 requirements for owning (possessing) a handgun. And no, I'm from PA originally so I don't think the Earth revolves around Mass. Good info. Thanks!

I wasn't directing it entirely at you. I have seen other things by other posters recently. Most people think what you thought because they can't buy at a gun shop. Fedral law is sly like this.

Spoken like a true Mass housebroken gun owner!

In much of Free America they do NOT restrict possession or even ownership of handguns to 21 or older. Feds made it illegal for a dealer to sell handguns/handgun ammo to anyone <21 but can not restrict private sales by age. IIRC a 14 or 15 yo got a NH LTC, which caused a stink but there was no age restriction at the time.

I remember when Abbey Oakley (Scouter-Rick's Daughter) was 14 or 15 . . . both Rick and myself would trust her with a handgun. Her maturity and safety with firearms belies her age even back then. I watched her shoot the NRA PPIH Instructor course of fire (even though you have to be 21 to get credit for it) with myself and the rest of Rick's PPIH-Instructor class ~3 years ago.

Haven't read the article yet, sad that this happened but Mexican carry is never safe!

Sigh.

Just a slight clarification regarding carry in AZ. If you're under 21 you cannot legally carry concealed, only openly. The Constitutional Carry law only applies to 21+ and the same goes for the concealed weapons permit.

I purchased a Sig 1911 a few weeks back. On the way home from making said purchase, the wife and I had stopped for an unplanned lunch. I wasn't going to leave my new purchase unattended in my car (even if it was locked) so I shoved it down my waist band (unloaded) just to keep it on me. Seeing how I didn't have a holster yet. The entire meal I was fidgety, thinking to myself "how the hell do gangster do this". Not worth it!

Just a slight clarification regarding carry in AZ. If you're under 21 you cannot legally carry concealed, only openly. The Constitutional Carry law only applies to 21+ and the same goes for the concealed weapons permit.

Really? Well that's not true Constitutional carry IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom