• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ghost guns in firearm restricted countries ?

never hear much about this besides crime cartels bringing in guns from usa. wondering if their is a proliferation of ghost guns, 80% receivers and other methods of home manufactured finished firearms in countries that do not allow only limited civilian gun ownership like england, austrailia, china etc.

They rack people up on ITAR violations all the time.

wondering if their is a proliferation of ghost guns... in countries that do not allow only limited civilian gun ownership like england

Surveillance camera image from London...

6dYJNL7l.png

🐯

Re-militarization of demilitarized guns in the UK had been a significant source of guns recovered from crimes, until they made owning such guns by collectors illegal. While not “ghost guns”, it shows the lengths criminals will go to in obtaining firearms. Ghost Guns are considered a “global threat”, according to new sources.

Outside of war, shooting people is a cultural thing - some cultures stab and bludgeon, the US shoots. In recent years, 36% of US firearms deaths were among Blacks, with 83% of Black gun deaths being homicides - a rate ~2.5-times higher than among whites, among whom suicide gun deaths are higher than homicides by 2:1. Giffords tells us that while Black males account for just six percent of the total population, they comprise more than half of all gun homicide victims. Absent the Black male culture of shooting one another, the US rate approaches the global mean. The Black population is 4% in the UK (vs 14% in the US) and the Black firearms homicide rate is ~4-times higher than the rate for whites. There, like the US, homicide is a mostly intra-racial thing - most Blacks are shot by Blacks, whites by whites, Hispanics by Hispanics, etc.

The demand for “illegal guns”, including ghost guns, is probably lower where shooting cultures does not permeate urban cities of 500k+ population - where most homicides occur.

Last edited:
Seriously look at all the efforts governments put into disarming their populace. All the outcry by politicians and media. You'd swear 2A people were destroying America and the world. Now look at their efforts to shut down real criminal enterprise. You never hear a word about gangs, cartels, wide open borders trafficking children for sex and way more. Citizens are left to be slaughtered and trodden over. There's your answer.

Re-militarization of demilitarized guns in the UK had been a significant source of guns recovered from crimes, until they made owning such guns by collectors illegal. While not “ghost guns”, it shows the lengths criminals will go to in obtaining firearms. Ghost Guns are considered a “global threat”, according to new sources.

Outside of war, shooting people is a cultural thing - some cultures stab and bludgeon, the US shoots. In recent years, 36% of US firearms deaths were among Blacks, with 83% of Black gun deaths being homicides - a rate ~2.5-times higher than among whites, among whom suicide gun deaths are higher than homicides by 2:1. Giffords tells us that while Black males account for just six percent of the total population, they comprise more than half of all gun homicide victims. Absent the Black male culture of shooting one another, the US rate approaches the global mean. The Black population is 4% in the UK (vs 14% in the US) and the Black firearms homicide rate is ~4-times higher than the rate for whites. There, like the US, homicide is a mostly intra-racial thing - most Blacks are shot by Blacks, whites by whites, Hispanics by Hispanics, etc.

The demand for “illegal guns”, including ghost guns, is probably lower where shooting cultures does not permeate urban cities Of 500k+ population - where most homicides occur.

Boy wish we could all go back to the gud ol days when us coloreds be in dem cotton fields singin the blues and saluting yass massa.

Boy wish we could all go back to the gud ol days when us coloreds be in dem cotton fields singin the blues and saluting yass massa.
In modern anti-racist doctrine, accusing anyone who is Black of "Playing the Race Card" is proof of racism. NYC Mayor Adams retorted to a white woman questioning him on rent control “Don’t stand in front like you’re treating someone that’s on the plantation that you own.” That translates to "Don’t make me call you racist, because I will", intended to shut down all discussion.

Fear of that kind of response keeps addressing the issue of Black crime and violence off the agendas of most academics, think-tanks, politicians and government - to be called racist leads to shunning and is career-ending. To be called a pedophile requires a legal conviction - to be called racist just requires an accusation.

The only acceptable way to respond to such statistics on Black crime and violence is to babble about deconstructing structural/institutional/systemic racism in police, justice, capitalist economy and decolonizing government, education, business, blah, blah, blah. And to wait for next year’s statistics, showing that the disproportionate Black male homicide rate has increased.

Slavery could have been a great idea if instead of enslaving blacks, we enslaved leftists. But then again, it wouldn't have worked. They would have demanded too many latte breaks, whined about eating GMO bread, and complained not having time to protest global warming instead of working in the fields.

Anyway, “ghost guns” are about supply & demand and legal risk. There’s plenty of guns for everyone in the US, but some can’t access them readily due to legal restrictions and personal disqualifications. Making Ghost Guns is a poor alternative for individuals who can’t readily access guns, but a good alternative for small-scale gun-runners who look to meet illicit demand with low risk. If you make and sell Ghost Guns, you control the risk better than if you strawman purchase or deal with stolen guns.

In the usual list of 38 OECD countries that the gun control advocates reference as “1st-world developed countries” the US is indeed an outlier - we have more guns and more individuals with legally restricted access or prohibitions (fed/state/local laws and PP status) than the other 37 countries. It’s not the honest, law-abiding poor schmuck in upstate NY that can’t get a permit to buy a pistol due to state/local red-tape and laws, it’s the criminal element that creates the demand. Many of such so-called criminals, do very little crime that harms others, but live in a subculture requiring guns for their (anti)social cultural lives. I won’t repeat the sociodemographics I detailed in a prior post, but half of US firearms homicides trace to a very complex subculture in big cities.

I review grant proposals and study manuscripts from groups that attempt to intervene in the shooting/death cycle in big cities. The overwhelming majority of those treated for gunshot injury in inner city ERs refuse any intervention and those who accept it are mostly female. Many killed by gunfire have been shot one of more times previously. Take Hey Jackass 2022 Chicago data as an example - like most shooters, they aim COM and hit low. I would be surprised if getting shot in the right leg is more common, as low-left shot error predominates.

IMG_2380.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyway, “ghost guns” are about supply & demand and legal risk. There’s plenty of guns for everyone in the US, but some can’t access them readily due to legal restrictions and personal disqualifications. Making Ghost Guns is a poor alternative for individuals who can’t readily access guns, but a good alternative for small-scale gun-runners who look to meet illicit demand with low risk. If you make and sell Ghost Guns, you control the risk better than if you strawman purchase or deal with stolen guns.

In the usual list of 38 OECD countries that the gun control advocates reference as “1st-world developed countries” the US is indeed an outlier - we have more guns and more individuals with legally restricted access or prohibitions (fed/state/local laws and PP status) than the other 37 countries. It’s not the honest, law-abiding poor schmuck in upstate NY that can’t get a permit to buy a pistol due to state/local red-tape and laws, it’s the criminal element that creates the demand. Many of such so-called criminals, do very little crime that harms others, but live in a subculture requiring guns for their (anti)social cultural lives. I won’t repeat the sociodemographics I detailed in a prior post, but half of US firearms homicides trace to a very complex subculture in big cities.
You keep saying the word "ghost gun".

What is a "Ghost Gun"?

What is a "Ghost Gun"?
Yeah, I know…it can mean an OEM Glock 17 with an aftermarket part installed or the SN obliterated. But dealing such firearms doesn’t reduce risk for the gun-runners as much as building pistols from 80% frames, as the former have to be obtained by strawman purchases or theft.

Take away the intentional confusion between 80%-built guns and other so-called “ghost guns” and it’s the 80%-built guns that are the biggest criminal threat, as it’s harder to find evidence to track down the gun-runners. There’s no FFL records to review, no strawman purchaser to snitch, no burglary suspects to snitch, etc. That’s why ATF is going after 80%-builds - they have no “hook” into the market so are trying to eliminate it by requiring NICS for 80%-frames, parts, etc. If they ask for barrels, fire-control components, 80%-frames and just get 80%-frames regulated, they figure they win.

Regulating 80%-frames won’t put a dent in crime, but it’s a political score, leading to more staff, more budget, etc.

never hear much about this besides crime cartels bringing in guns from usa. wondering if their is a proliferation of ghost guns, 80% receivers and other methods of home manufactured finished firearms in countries that do not allow only limited civilian gun ownership like england, austrailia, china etc.
they pushed regulations further, as the barrels and slides there are also numbered prohibited parts to sell to the public. not only receivers as here.

if you look at any european made gun, you will see 3 serials on it - on each of the components, which are all very much prohibited.

I was in on a discussion amongst SoNH LEOs at a drill today about a rising frequency of homemade "firearms". These were oddballs carrying tubular devices designed to shoot a projectile using a charge. As mentioned, most would have blown up in the hands of the user. Fireworks stuffed in a flare gun with buckshot. A sawed-off black powder rifle barrel with a shotgun shell pushed down the barrel against a primer cap and loose powder to ignite - somehow? Small hand cannons made from steel chair legs plugged by folding and hammering one end.

The term “Ghost Gun’ never came up.

Somehow, we’re keeping firearms out of the hands of some lunatics…but they make destructive devices anyway. The saner criminals probably do better.

I was in on a discussion amongst SoNH LEOs at a drill today about a rising frequency of homemade "firearms". These were oddballs carrying tubular devices designed to shoot a projectile using a charge. As mentioned, most would have blown up in the hands of the user. Fireworks stuffed in a flare gun with buckshot. A sawed-off black powder rifle barrel with a shotgun shell pushed down the barrel against a primer cap and loose powder to ignite - somehow? Small hand cannons made from steel chair legs plugged by folding and hammering one end.

The term “Ghost Gun’ never came up.

Somehow, we’re keeping firearms out of the hands of some lunatics…but they make destructive devices anyway. The saner criminals probably do better.
What do you do for work?

Between the DEA class you posted about and now this, you’re smelling like a fed to me!

What do you do for work?

Between the DEA class you posted about and now this, you’re smelling like a fed to me!
Ha! Taken as a good-natured barb rather than offense.

I’m a retired medical products R&D guy that’s seen some field work in trauma medicine in the US and abroad, including some dicey patches of street and sand. I’ve been in CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) for years - we work with 1st Responders (LE, FD, EMT, etc.) as support for routine work so they can do what they’re uniquely trained to do. Since we’re vetted, we get into some interesting training opportunities (bombing prevention, mass casualty drills, bioterrorism, etc.) I don’t have a TV so that gives me a lot of hours to fill 😉

Not that I support the agendas of all of the politicians/brass in these agencies, but the rank & file are generally good folks - we’re there for them. This is SoNH, so we don’t have lines of jack-booted thugs advancing on citizens while beating batons on shields. Yet…

My eldest kid dated a Fed’s kid for a while (FEMA Protective Services) - I got to know the Dad. They have staged gear stashed everywhere in case of…that’s where the details got thin.

We have FBI and DEA offices in town and the Secret Service emerges every four years during Primary season - dunno if or where they have a local site, but I’ve met the same guys over several election cycles on the streets and in the woods around St Anselm, where all the candidates hang out. They all talk a little more than they should, except for the Secret Service, who won’t admit they’re lost in the woods.

What is a "Ghost Gun"?

A Ghost Gun is a gun that the government cannot track.

All guns have to be trackable Broc. What are you, some kind of extremist?

The government conducted a study a few years ago, run by the Attorney General himself! They equipped 2,000 guns with a gps tracker and then sold them to Mexican drug cartels.

Broc, they were actually able to track and recover nearly HALF the guns. You know. Using the gps trackers built in.

Try tracking a GHOST gun. Good luck.

A Ghost Gun is a gun that the government cannot track.

All guns have to be trackable Broc. What are you, some kind of extremist?

The government conducted a study a few years ago, run by the Attorney General himself! They equipped 2,000 guns with a gps tracker and then sold them to Mexican drug cartels.

Broc, they were actually able to track and recover nearly HALF the guns. You know. Using the gps trackers built in.

Try tracking a GHOST gun. Good luck.
They found these. Pretty impressive.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1STgElIlqO/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Back
Top Bottom