'Ghost gun' kits targeted by anti-gun group

"In states like Connecticut, completing an 80% lower is a crime because they don't allow any NEW AR's into the state."

Check out The Freedom Shop.
You can build your own Legal Ct lower. It is legal, you can also purchase them at local shops. CT Broker sells them a shop in new milford sells them and a flaky shop in waterbury sells them. Easy to build and legal

They sell them all the time. They Assemble them and sell them Quite legal under Connecticut law.
There is also another way to have one from your own 80% lower

I’m sure this will come out again after news today about the Saugus high school shooting that just happened

Just another tactic in their arsenal. They see they're not making much progress in their anti-gun crusade so they need another boogyman in their PR campaign.

There once was some talk about a competition where entrants would build a firearm. Something as simple as a traditional 80% build up or as complicated as @Boris 's legendary, Miata Suspended 1 Gauge Shotgun.

Points for creativity, points for fine craftsmanship, points for practicality, points for accuracy and points for reproducibility.

We'd want each entry examined carefully before firing it, maybe even build a box to fire it from. And obviously, anything would need to be compliant with all laws, state and federal.

The talks were in the context of the car shoots but there's probably no reason we can't have a competition like this without a car to shoot at. I imagine the entries would each be fired maybe 10 - 20 shots so there shouldn't be backlash from neighbors for a recreation of Knob Creek.

Well the good news is that resin based (SLA) 3d printers are getting cheaper and bigger at the same time. A decent sized printer can be had for around $200 now. Not only that but resin printers print an entire slice at a time meaning they are quickly becoming faster than FDM style printers. They are very close in build size to being able to resin print an AR15 lower. I still have serious doubts as to whether a 3d printed lower is just a foolish exercise or a budding Darwin moment, but resin printing produces very detailed and relatively dimensionally accurate prints something I can't get with my PLA based printer.

Well the good news is that resin based (SLA) 3d printers are getting cheaper and bigger at the same time. A decent sized printer can be had for around $200 now. Not only that but resin printers print an entire slice at a time meaning they are quickly becoming faster than FDM style printers. They are very close in build size to being able to resin print an AR15 lower. I still have serious doubts as to whether a 3d printed lower is just a foolish exercise or a budding Darwin moment, but resin printing produces very detailed and relatively dimensionally accurate prints something I can't get with my PLA based printer.

You can print PLA accurately enough for an AR lower and it will function but it won't last long.

Using the PLA printer (or a resin printer for that matter) to produce "originals", take molds from that and then casting duplicates in a high tech plastic is relatively easy and economical way to mass produce a product. Printing a dozen originals in PLA would be far more expensive than printing one and then casting a dozen copies. I imagine the same is true with a resin printer.

Back
Top Bottom